Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server > SRO PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 08:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ruby Online | 100 Cap | CH & EU | Innovative Gameplay | Drop-based | GO 19.03

Discussion on Ruby Online | 100 Cap | CH & EU | Innovative Gameplay | Drop-based | GO 19.03 within the SRO PServer Advertising forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old 03/23/2021, 17:09   #196

elite*gold: 0
Well ppl will always cry abt p2w aspect in every psro Server in epvp.. But its obvious thats how sro work now, you can try harder than ppl who actually invest $ and still get wiped, or simply play smth else in free time ( like i did) but still sometimes checking out forum whats going around, greets to All
Old 03/23/2021, 22:00   #197

elite*gold: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by themrss View Post
play ruby offline guys
Server is stable, all bugs and problems is fixed.
Old 03/23/2021, 22:08   #198

i hope you guys milked the cows well ?

i dont get it why ppl fall for this type of serverlar in 2021
Old 03/23/2021, 23:00   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosĄ View Post
With all due respect to you, you have not experienced anything on our server. Items drop rate is not that hard that makes you grind days for 1 part.

For silk, this is the easier part. You can simply sell stones or elixirs to get silk, many people already farmed 3~5k silk in the first 4 days only by actually playing the game, you're not forced to pay a cent to be fully equipped.
With all due respect, I'm willing to bet that you have NOT made your own non-donator "Play2Win" character and accomplished what you just stated is possible.

It is absolutely impossible to compete in this server without donating, please stop blabbering non-sense.

Stones used to be 4=100silk the first day, given the constant crashes, stability issues, until everything has stabilized, right now stones cost 12 str/int=100 silk. There is no ******* way that that any of the bullsh*t that you're spewing has any correlation with reality.

Those who have farmed "3-5k silks" as you said are the same people who DONATED. SIMPLE. So please shut the hell up and keep milking the oil barrel cows, just don't even think about going on about how the server is "not that hard".

Would you be kind as to be able to make 2 characters on your own, both non-donators, and demonstrate just how long will it take you to get your first 200 silks ?

Thought so.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2021, 00:45   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyaMisumi View Post
With all due respect, I'm willing to bet that you have NOT made your own non-donator "Play2Win" character and accomplished what you just stated is possible.

It is absolutely impossible to compete in this server without donating, please stop blabbering non-sense.

Stones used to be 4=100silk the first day, given the constant crashes, stability issues, until everything has stabilized, right now stones cost 12 str/int=100 silk. There is no ******* way that that any of the bullsh*t that you're spewing has any correlation with reality.

Those who have farmed "3-5k silks" as you said are the same people who DONATED. SIMPLE. So please shut the hell up and keep milking the oil barrel cows, just don't even think about going on about how the server is "not that hard".

Would you be kind as to be able to make 2 characters on your own, both non-donators, and demonstrate just how long will it take you to get your first 200 silks ?

Thought so.
I don't have to demonstrate, you can join discord and ask people yourself how they got their silk items.
Old 03/24/2021, 11:33   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlanker View Post
Oh god, where should i start here?

Before you read my post, you should keep in mind that i have donated and playing since the opening minutes. Now i hope that we can avoid replies like "you should play more" or "because you are a free player".

The potion price is ridiculous. As a new player, you have to spend 25m for a 5k stack of potions, but until lv100, you will get around 30-35m if you sell every drop to NPC (nobody buys those). The first paygate shows up here, pay 25 silks for a 20k stack of potions.

There is a devil spirit in the item mall, but you can get a stronger one from magic pop. The one from item mall has 15% hp/mp increase, the magic pop one comes with br1 and (basic) 20%, but you get random plusses on those if you win it, realistically its around 22-24%. I would like to point out the spirit damage skill scales with the given passive stats. You get 2 magic pop cards from the daily quest, so its not pay2win. Well, people tend to spend around 3k silks on getting these, that means you need around 150 cards to get one, which is 75 days as a free player. Why did nobody say something when it was in beta phase? Well, the rate couldn't be tested, it was 100% back then

Devil spirit isn't the only thing behind RNG machines, the same goes for GDF's (5 str/int).

The droprate is ridiculous. They say you can easily sell drops for silks, but imagine the rate when people are paying 100silks for 12str stones. Thats a few days of botting 24/7, if you are playing in a single machine with a single client.

Alchemy? Well, the droprate stated above applies here also. The lucky powder price has been increased to 300k/unit.

Trading. Sure, there are silk pets, they've always been there in silkroad, costs either 2 silk or 2,5m gold each from stalls, it's not a big deal. They have 400k HP, which means if you are a solo thief, you have ZERO chance to kill a trader alone, because he simply wont get down of the pet. He wont have time for that tho, since he is too busy spamming "xDDD" to the chat. Oh, i have never seen NPC thieves here either.
According to their discord, a trader gets 60m for a trade, but a thief gets 36 if he sells alone. If you have 1 more thief with you in party while selling, that means 12m for each of you (don't ask me how, i know it doesn't add up).

People were asking Ruby team on the previous server to remove the Silverback pet, because you CANNOT TARGET the player having that, since its way too big and completely covers the character (until the character moves). Guess what? It still can be yours for 400 silks. Nobody cared about the suggestions.

You can watch and participate stream giveaways, which are hosted by player streamers and the owner completely sponsors (gives the silk they draw). It's not enough they are getting silks for doing that, but you should get ready to subscribe for 2x, 3x (...) more chance to win the FREE SILK THEY GOT and give away (the subscription isn't free for sure). There are no rules against that.

There are other problems, which i can't really blame the owners for:
  • The community is way too toxic. Imagine them spending several hundreds (if not thousands) of euros just to be able to call you a "dog" and act like a superior being. Do they really spend that much tho?...
  • Lot of downtimes on its first days, because of host issues.
  • CHN characters against EUR is a joke, you have no chance in neither Pvp, nor Pve content without a few EUR chars on your side.

After all, there are a lot of players (and bots) online. If you plan to spend at least the price of a new AAA game on a private server, you may find your fun here and there. If you are a free player, be ready to get behind of everyone with around 2 weeks of progression (depends on your luck and free time).
I'm not going to discuss the game-play thing since its not under my authority. I will talk about the stability and management, the server now is 100% stable, 24/7 active admins and supporters helping everyone.

You're criticized the server from your own preceptive, however, server still growing and getting more players.

Edit: there's another update today to balance the game-play, we literally working non stop to adjust the server. Its not like we're satisfied by watching something unbalanced.
Old 03/24/2021, 12:15   #202

By far the best server out there !!
Signature Event
IGN: driv3N
Old 03/24/2021, 13:43   #203

Server is good so far, but you gotta do something about job activity/balancing. There were literally no caravans except the one from Monday
Old 03/24/2021, 14:16   #204

Exclamation Ruby 2021 in-depth analysis

As someone who has been playing the new Ruby since launch, I decided to help the new players by telling them what they can expect and the developers by trying to objectively highlight the current problems and providing possible solutions to consider. If - and when - these problems are fixed, I will edit this post accordingly so that it remains a reliable source of information for everyone.

Balance:

Problem: EU/CH balance is a complete mess. As a CH you will not be invited to any parties or events, because EU buffs are completely game breaking and this was not addressed. CH characters received % damage buffs, which does not matter, because even with all the buffs in the world, you will be doing 400-500 damage / skill against a properly buffed enemy. In fact the strongest characters are actually chinese if they have the EU buffs.

Suggestion: Either give CH the same party buffs (fences and screens with STR requirement, bard buffs in force tree with possible INT requirement) or nerf them significantly enough that an optimal CH party has a fair chance against an optimal EU party. Unfortunately this is very hard, if not impossible, to achieve, but you should be up to the task if you decided to release a mixed CH/EU server in a game where no server in the past 18 years managed to achieve any sort of acceptable balance.

Problem: Solo thieves have no chance to kill a trans pet with 400k HP. With their movement speed and the rate at which the pet pot restores their HP, it is impossible for them to die. This leads to other problems regarding jobbing, which will be explained later.
Traders should be encouraged to defend their own goods, not just afk trade bot because they are invulnerable.

Suggestion: Nerf the pet potion, so that solo thieves at least have the chance to eventually kill the trans pet by dps-ing it for a long time.
Nerf the movement speed of the silk trans pet and increase the gold the traders get for a run (Gold/Hour should remain the same for them).
This is needed for melee characters and characters without teleports/dashes. You use one melee skill on the trans pet and by the time the animation is finished, the trans pet is literally out of your vision range and at full HP.

Problem: While solo thieving is literally impossible, party thieving is PUNISHED. As Blank explained the math above, if one full 5* gives a thief 36m for turning it in, it should give 2 thieves 18m each for turning it in, not 10-12.

Suggestion: Do your math.

Economy:

Problem: Potions, even after their price reduction, cost a fortune. Expect to spend a lot of gold/silk for potions here. Even now it is literally your best option to buy silk with gold and then buy potions with silk. This might change as the value of silk changes, but for now, prepare to spend 50 silk on potions per day. As a new player, you will receive 5k potions when you create your character and even if you sell all the items you find, you will be out of potions by level 90-99 and without enough gold to buy even one stack.

Suggestion: Add some other gold sink systems if you want to reduce gold on the server. Standard potions are the most basic and essential items in Silkroad, you can't play the game without them at all. Making them expensive is not pay to win, it is legit pay to play.

Problem: Dungeons, which are supposed to be the main end game progression content for PvE, are simply not worth it. You pay 75m + 5 war tokens each to enter, and you get 25m from the quest for finishing it. With a 15% SoX drop rate, you have to go 7 times on average to see a SoS drop, and you have a 1:8 chance to get it. So on average, you have to do 56 dungeon runs and pay 2,8B to get a SoS on average, which is barely even better than a last tier standard item. That takes a month, by the way. Don't even get me started on the lvl 100 standard items.

Suggestion: Add meaningful rewards to dungeons. You can keep it as RNG or you can add a guaranteed currency (quest reward) for each dungeon completion that allows you to consistently progress towards your SoX items.

Pay to win:

Problem: Oh boy, here we go. Most servers nowadays are advertised as "Play to win", which is never the case. I respect Ruby for not even trying to pretend that the server isn't pay to win, but this is too much, and too obvious.

Extremely questionable silk items:

- Devil S only obtainable from magic pop. This can cost you as few as 20 Silk, or you can pay 5000 Silk and still never get it. Putting such an essential item behind an RNG paywall is one of the most unethical monetization decisions I have seen in a while.
- Fellow pets that are hiding you in their hitbox, making it take way longer for enemies to even target you. These will cost you 400 Silk.
- Fellow pet debuff that makes them unkillable, pumps up their damage, and makes them apply the strongest debuff in the game for 15 sec. This costs 200 Silk. FOR 3 DAYS.

Suggestion:

- Make Devil S obtainable in a reasonable time frame with a reasonable cost. It is a very strong item, it should not be cheap. But spending 10k Silk without getting it is not acceptable.

- Make the silverback smaller to bring it in line with other pets.

- Either remove the pet debuff scroll, or make it permanent (and potentially more expensive)

FYI: All of these p2w issues and their solutions have been brought up by the community even years ago, on previous Ruby servers. They acknowledged and decided NOT to fix them.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/24/2021, 15:20   #205

_Th0R_
Old 03/24/2021, 16:28   #206

IGN -> Oddyseus
Old 03/24/2021, 16:36   #207

Wow <3
KillerFFM
Old 03/24/2021, 17:35   #208

Enjoying the server so far, the usual dogs are barking in global but it is what it is.
The improvements and content available is fun and i like the job system!
~Signature event.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2021, 17:39   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlanker View Post

I have a few problems with the rules also. They state that if you bypass ANY of the limit restrictions, it will result in a PC ban (hwid or just account? no clue):
I've reported a player using 4 characters, which he did not receive any punishment for. The report contained 4 online characters used by (obviously) a single person. After contacting one of the Developer/Assistant he told me its not against the rules, since he is using 2 computers, which is completely fine.
The picture i sent in the report and the conversation with the Assistant:

They certainly did not bypass the limit from a lawyer's perspective, but they do get an advantage to those who have 1 computers. These stuff should've been against the rules.

Edit:

This is the kind of toxicity you should expect in global and even while jobbing/pvping. None of these have been punished or even warned:
These screens are not cherry-picked, there are several other people, guilds even unions flaming each other and players.
As I stated in my last reply, I have no authorization to talk to or change anything in-game, I'm a temporarily replacer of Foberious for this current season. However, I will answer your concern about the Bypassing Struggle

Our rules are simple, if you understand the Bypassing, you'd know that it simply means doing unusual behavior in the game, and since he's using his rights to reach the limit, he's not abusing it.

I'm not defending desperately, you may be correct in some point, this gives him advantage, but it is what is is. All servers having the same rules about limitation and accounts you're allowed to open. And, somehow you will find yourself in a state of doubt whether if this is a legit fine thing to be allowed or not.

As for the the drama happening in the Globals, and even in discord. You cannot force people not to be dramatic in Silkroad, you can distinguish whether if its boring server or not by actually seeing this dramatic Globals. This what makes any server's competition on fire.
Old 03/24/2021, 17:44   #210

Ign: Raven

Tags
ruby, ruby online, silkroad, silkroad online