Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:57

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement



Project/Server restriction rule

Discussion on Project/Server restriction rule within the SRO PServer Advertising forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this ?
yes, I agree with this change 12 70.59%
No, I do not agree with this change 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Old   #1
CheeseBurger !!


 
elite*gold: 1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,365
Received Thanks: 3,185
Staff Project/Server restriction rule

Hello,

Regarding some of your suggestions in the last weeks, including ! we wanted to ask you for your opinion related to the advertising section. A rule that we're planning to add but before that we want to know if you agree to it or not.

So to sum it for you and to avoid being complicated, as you may know you can not submit two threads under the same website (same network) , we want to add an option for those willing to open more than a project combining it to one website so we're fine with that ..
but We will restrict it with the old project as it should be at least running for 9 months. So basically to avoid discussing 2 running projects in one thread, you can submit a new thread for the said new project you're willing to open as long as it's been running for 9 months and you can keep both threads open as long as you meet the requirements.



You can post your suggestions or your opinion below !



Spidy. is offline  
Thanks
7 Users
Old 06/24/2019, 21:06   #2
selected ♥


 
elite*gold: 26
The Black Market: 134/0/0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22,185
Received Thanks: 2,964
#pin


Nectix is offline  
Old 06/25/2019, 03:16   #3

 
elite*gold: 134
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,310
Received Thanks: 904
2011-2013.

Not so many servers around, not so much going on, 500-1000 online players at once max. Everyone know each other. Good stuff happening.

Then boom, one private server after another.

Did you actually check out how many pages there are in psro server ad section? 462!

25 servers * 462 pages = 11500 servers were released so far (only the ones that are published on epvp). Let's say 15K servers.

-99% of them got closed in less than 30 days.
-Less than 1% of them survived more than 30 days.
-Less than 5 servers (out of 15,000 servers) had more than 1 year lifespan.

And that's mostly because the community aka playerbase quitted the server and the developer shut it down cuz it makes no sense to keep a server online for 5 players.

At this point it's very obvious that no private server can survive for ever.
It's absolutely ridiculous that some people think one guy will show up and launch an immortal server and everyone will be happy forever. For me, that's just a fairytale.

Now the reality, looking at it, we all see that PSRO Community itself, the playerbase itself will not stick to 1 single psro server. Proven 15000 times. And that's because the population of the server drops in time. They will just name a reason, either real life stuff or alchemy or whatever and quit. And his friend will quit too. Then more and more and more and what left behind is an empty server after a few days/weeks/months. You can discuss why a psro server dies for hours, that's not the case now.

It's about the fact that none is gonna keep a server online for 10 years. After all, every person who release a project out there is here for a reason and it's not a secret. One server dies, you go for another if you got $ to invest, playerbase to join and none can stop it. There are over thousand of unique players that we banned from Electus permanently due to cheating, scamming, hacking, abusing bugs, charging back and so on. 100% of them are now haters of Electus. There are other haters who never joined our servers but hating us for releasing multiple servers. After all, we are here releasing new servers every year and they have no control over it.

Thousands of people quitted releasing a server already because it's not worthy for them. There are only couple of them left including Electus Online. We are still here after 5 years because it just works for us. We released 1 server every year and starting from now, we will release 1 server every 6 months. Because that's what exactly the community want. I see no point in going against the community if this is a community forum at first place.

That being said, on behalf of my team, I would kindly advice Elitepvpers to get on going with the PSRO Community's standards and be even more flexible with the thread case. After all, the clicks are returning as $ to EPVP itself, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.
Pr0x! is offline  
Thanks
7 Users
Old 06/25/2019, 03:39   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,483
Received Thanks: 1,115
@

well said and i agree with you on this, so there is no point of adding this rule


megaman4999 is offline  
Old 06/25/2019, 04:11   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,325
Received Thanks: 635
First time to agree with Pr0x..
Katara* is offline  
Old 06/25/2019, 04:39   #6
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,585
Received Thanks: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0x! View Post
2011-2013.

Not so many servers around, not so much going on, 500-1000 online players at once max. Everyone know each other. Good stuff happening.

Then boom, one private server after another.

Did you actually check out how many pages there are in psro server ad section? 462!

25 servers * 462 pages = 11500 servers were released so far (only the ones that are published on epvp). Let's say 15K servers.

-99% of them got closed in less than 30 days.
-Less than 1% of them survived more than 30 days.
-Less than 5 servers (out of 15,000 servers) had more than 1 year lifespan.

And that's mostly because the community aka playerbase quitted the server and the developer shut it down cuz it makes no sense to keep a server online for 5 players.

At this point it's very obvious that no private server can survive for ever.
It's absolutely ridiculous that some people think one guy will show up and launch an immortal server and everyone will be happy forever. For me, that's just a fairytale.

Now the reality, looking at it, we all see that PSRO Community itself, the playerbase itself will not stick to 1 single psro server. Proven 15000 times. And that's because the population of the server drops in time. They will just name a reason, either real life stuff or alchemy or whatever and quit. And his friend will quit too. Then more and more and more and what left behind is an empty server after a few days/weeks/months. You can discuss why a psro server dies for hours, that's not the case now.

It's about the fact that none is gonna keep a server online for 10 years. After all, every person who release a project out there is here for a reason and it's not a secret. One server dies, you go for another if you got $ to invest, playerbase to join and none can stop it. There are over thousand of unique players that we banned from Electus permanently due to cheating, scamming, hacking, abusing bugs, charging back and so on. 100% of them are now haters of Electus. There are other haters who never joined our servers but hating us for releasing multiple servers. After all, we are here releasing new servers every year and they have no control over it.

Thousands of people quitted releasing a server already because it's not worthy. There are couple of them including Electus Online. We are still here after 5 years because it just works for us. We released 1 server every year and starting from now, we will release 1 server every 6 months. Because that's what exactly the community want. I see no point in going against the community if this is a community forum at first place.

That being said, on behalf of my team, I would kindly advice Elitepvpers to get on going with the PSRO Community's standards and be even more flexible with the thread case. After all, the clicks are returning as $ to EPVP itself, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.
this change on the rule comes from your team, specifically

Back then, it was a community request to limit the servers to one thread per network, were network refers to Servers with the same brand but hosted simultaneously

As for the rule change, we are evaluating what you all want to see on this regard. The amount of servers per day has decreased the past years and thus, we can be a bit more lenient on some rules. We are hosting this poll to gauge the interest on some aspects. This kind of polls can be a norm for us in the future if they proves to be successful

This doesnt mean we are gonna be a lawless forum or that we are gonna allow a massive amount of threads to be created. We plan to adjust some rules and even poll them to see what you all think


As a sneak peek, if this is well received, we plan to poll the restrictions to you guys and see what you guys think
PortalDark is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/25/2019, 15:17   #7

 
elite*gold: 134
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,310
Received Thanks: 904
I think we missunderstood each other. Indeed, I support the idea and said it should be even more flexible (considering the servers' lifespan) in my opinion.
Pr0x! is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/25/2019, 20:14   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 450
Received Thanks: 197
The problem was never "discussing two servers in one thread". It is a fact that there are too many servers available. Players can jump from server to server and that is why some servers die really fast. This then facilitates the closing and reopening of servers after a low amount of time, which then presents your "problem". This is what destroys the silkroad community. Having many options isn't always the best thing. Times were honestly better when there was a single pserver and it was always crowded and nobody could login because people couldn't leave due to lack of alternatives. It felt like it was worth playing there, like the server was really special and that we were privileged.

So what you mods should be doing is encouraging the creation of less servers and trying to unite the community once more. The first step towards this is deleting all pages of topics. Figure out a way to archive them, maybe on an extra subforum visible only to mods. After that is done, you would have to enforce a certain standard of quality. I'm not saying to prevent certain people from posting but maybe have a topic rating system that automagically deletes topics with a certain low score after a while. And have some requirements for the right to vote on topics, such as join date or a post count or something. SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

But of course this would mean you actually care about the silkroad community and not just your stupid rules. Doubtful at best...
rares495 is offline  
Old 06/27/2019, 00:47   #9
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,585
Received Thanks: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
The problem was never "discussing two servers in one thread". It is a fact that there are too many servers available. Players can jump from server to server and that is why some servers die really fast. This then facilitates the closing and reopening of servers after a low amount of time, which then presents your "problem". This is what destroys the silkroad community. Having many options isn't always the best thing. Times were honestly better when there was a single pserver and it was always crowded and nobody could login because people couldn't leave due to lack of alternatives. It felt like it was worth playing there, like the server was really special and that we were privileged.

So what you mods should be doing is encouraging the creation of less servers and trying to unite the community once more. The first step towards this is deleting all pages of topics. Figure out a way to archive them, maybe on an extra subforum visible only to mods. After that is done, you would have to enforce a certain standard of quality. I'm not saying to prevent certain people from posting but maybe have a topic rating system that automagically deletes topics with a certain low score after a while. And have some requirements for the right to vote on topics, such as join date or a post count or something. SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

But of course this would mean you actually care about the silkroad community and not just your stupid rules. Doubtful at best...
behing a "stupid" rule is always a "stupid" reason

back then, many rules we set and still have were due to some past cases of people abusing thread creation on this section

That's why we are approaching the community
PortalDark is offline  
Old 06/27/2019, 01:23   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 450
Received Thanks: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
behing a "stupid" rule is always a "stupid" reason

back then, many rules we set and still have were due to some past cases of people abusing thread creation on this section

That's why we are approaching the community
Expected typical reply from epvp mod and that's exactly what I got. You never disappoint. Except when you do, which is every day. Thanks for nothing, as usual. The only thing you're approaching is a sad, lonely death.
rares495 is offline  
Old 06/27/2019, 06:01   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

 
elite*gold: 5
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 15,585
Received Thanks: 5,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
Expected typical reply from epvp mod and that's exactly what I got. You never disappoint. Except when you do, which is every day. Thanks for nothing, as usual. The only thing you're approaching is a sad, lonely death.
I don't think you understood me

I'm saying we are trying a better approach to the community. Which is why we are doing this small poll

Right now, we are looking into getting more in touch with the scene. Hell, this was an admin's idea. It's been a VERY long time since an Admin suggested doing something related to this game
PortalDark is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2019, 02:11   #12
 
elite*gold: 68
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 110
Received Thanks: 78
I'm not even sure if creating those polls and discussions are for any good at all. Private server files have been released for almost 10 years and situation have been always the same its just that the environment is a bit different than how it used to be few years ago. People are complaining about people opening servers every now and then and they blame developers and server owners for that , while I still stick to my opinion in that the players are the ones responsible for that. Most of the big servers out there are capable of delivering new content for more than a year but give me a reason why should a server owner keep a server online if he got 10 players just playing there because the rest decided to jump to another server ? , absolutely no reason. People who wants to enjoy the game are already doing it and they don't really complain and the idea of keeping on nagging and crying over pay2win servers is just really lame because no one forces you to pay or even play because if you basically don't like it or just feel its too much for your wallet then there are thousands not hundreds of servers around that you can choose from.

Regarding not allowing people to post their servers here is just another lame point because the Private Servers scene is not as it used to be before and its not what you used to be playing on Joymax's servers too. People do have different tastes and so then variation is needed. Some do like hard servers that you need to work for your items and gears to get somewhere , some others like easy servers where you can get your end game gears in a day, and some others like PvP only servers and others like non-bot servers and the list continues with so much different tastes. So you can't just keep on crying on every thread and every server that you may have personal issues with just because they are not offering you your dream server and what is even more annoying that those people who complains about everything are not even playing Silkroad but they are just around to complain.
Balki97 is offline  
Old 08/12/2019, 03:33   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 74
Received Thanks: 40
I'm with you spidy in any thing you see it right..
Ahmedypop1 is offline  
Old 08/24/2019, 01:58   #14
 
elite*gold: 250
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
Received Thanks: 2
Good


Hardel is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Reply


Similar Threads
[Selling] Drafting Service (Ranked Restriction, Chat Restriction)
02/01/2016 - League of Legends Trading - 14 Replies
Currently doing EVERY region. Price per win: ??? up for discussion We can discuss a price/time frame through: Skype: BoostJobs4U
[Selling] Draft Wins/Chat Restriction/Ranked Restriction SERVICE LF VOUCHES TOO!
04/09/2015 - League of Legends Trading - 3 Replies
Hello i want play for u service Chat Restricted (ranked/draft wins ) i looking for vouches from only trusted members can play some games cant quarante all wins ! I can play in any elos ! servers : EUNE/EUW/RU/TR/NA LF VOUCHES ! skype : ralmorx
[Selling] Elo Boosting/Coaching/Ranked Restriction/Chat Restriction
03/07/2015 - League of Legends Trading - 2 Replies
Hello guys,we are 5 elo booster from NA server, all master/challenger. You can find us on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/ELO-Boosting/152592 2984354641?fref=ts. This is very cheap and fast boost. We are boosting on NA/Euw/Eune! Prices: Bronze to Silver - 30e Silver to Gold - 40e Gold to Platinum - 70e Platinum to Diamond -100e Diamond to Master - 200e Coaching-15e per hour Chat/Ranked restriction: 30 wins 20e, 60 wins, 40e. Payments: Paypal or add us on skype:...



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

BTC: 33E6kMtxYa7dApCFzrS3Jb7U3NrVvo8nsK
ETH: 0xc6ec801B7563A4376751F33b0573308aDa611E05

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Abuse
Copyright ©2019 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.