Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server > SRO PServer Advertising
You last visited: Today at 13:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Araxion Online - Sky's the limit | CH | CAP100 PVE | Endless Entertainment | GO 01.04

Discussion on Araxion Online - Sky's the limit | CH | CAP100 PVE | Endless Entertainment | GO 01.04 within the SRO PServer Advertising forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/18/2018, 20:25   #76

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNrik View Post
I have the same opinion of OutlaW, I wouldn't complain if you would have keep you mouth shut. You criticized RIGID for not having new features rather than SRO-R ones and a pair of new things. Now I ask you, what are you bringing out in Araxion? Same SRO-R feature with some other new things. You literally built a server just as the ones you criticized. It's fine that you figured out how to implemented SRO-R features in a vSro server, I totally wish you luck with that, I hope it works. Because remember, If bot crashes with these features (and it will since mbot/sbot cracked version aren't coded to parse sro-r data) you're server will end up being another 3 month lifespan server that will rely on big guilds and massive advertisement to keep some players online.

anyway, I wish you luck with your project, I will definitely try it and congratulations for doing something different, I was already tired of these copy paste garbage Chinese servers. I'm kinda sad because you didn't want to try euro, but you are totally right, balance will waste your time instead of improving features.
Right to the point.

With so many features you couldn't "balance" the gameplay between eu and ch, sad story... Another chinese server which will end in few months , because a china only server will never stay longer than 3~4 months...
Old 03/18/2018, 21:15   #77

Yeah, 2-3 years back you were basically guaranteed some level of success if your server could run without any major downtimes and the features, events etc. worked. Now it's the 50th round of chinese only 100 cap and if it's just like the others in terms of skills and gears, it's bound to feel boring even with all the different activities. Might not feel boring during the opening rush or right after it when you're getting your first gear upgrades but after a few weeks it's a different story. It's really not a nostalgia trip anymore for the people who are active in this scene.

Balance between EU and CH can be made fair enough for people to enjoy it. It just takes long time to adjust and test everything. A three day beta is not how you do this but it's how most servers tackle it because you don't make any money while tweaking skills and testing pvp - you just lose it. Coming back to the first sentence; many people believe chinese server is the only way to go. This is understandable, after all, no one has ever truly taken the time and effort to make all the changes and create a server where the different builds are tested by capable players in 1v1 and group situations.

Then again, this community is pretty cancerous. People want to have OP characters, people want to jump servers just for a chance to be among the top in the rush or to abuse everything they can to make some fast money. After years of playing sro they still can't handle certain builds and therefore think they have been nerfed too much if there are some changes or they are just so lazy that they don't want to pay attention or think about tactics. In balanced gameplay, you can't make yourself or your team immortal. Everything needs to be simple, easy and fast. Yet, they complain how the servers don't last longer than couple months.

~Vincent
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/18/2018, 21:47   #78

Good luck!
Old 03/18/2018, 22:00   #79

bad game all time close after 2 week
Old 03/18/2018, 22:38   #80

Received Thanks: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
bad game all time close after 2 week
Do you mean that we have worked for over 8 months on such project to close it after 2 weeks? O.o
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/18/2018, 22:38   #81

Received Thanks: 6,289
Always glad to see pserver developing new stuff instead of just opening default servers with only the basic stuff on them. The whole proxy thing to add new features to the game without having the source code is something I also considered long time ago, but seeing someone apply it in such a way (custom UI) is really clever.

Best of luck on this!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/18/2018, 22:54   #82

Who i need to bribe to join headstart?
Old 03/18/2018, 23:36   #83

I am not sure that the number of cities is enough for a large number of players for 8000 players and I am not confident in many other things but I am believe of you

grand open it will be on my birthday so thank you for this gift

Welcome Back
Old 03/19/2018, 02:02   #84

Looks too good to be true.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/19/2018, 02:11   #85

Received Thanks: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxleathxx View Post
I am not sure that the number of cities is enough for a large number of players for 8000 players and I am not confident in many other things but I am believe of you

grand open it will be on my birthday so thank you for this gift

Welcome Back
Depends on what would be the issue of handling such number of players inside those cities.

1. Server-side: developers was having issues handling 1k+ players in the same region/town but as we are thinking out of the box, we have divided each town to be handled by 2x gameservers (a little hint for developers who is reading this, samarkand is already divided into two regions central asia and asia minor and each can be handled on a different gameserver). Not to mention that VSROMAX gameserver is capable of handling more than 1.5k players.
2. Client-side: it wouldn't be an issue seeing 800+ players in each town as they mostly not doing skill effects which is causing a graphic delay due to the low FPS. Although, we are already looking for a workaround to increase the client FPS for a better and smother game^^

Happy birthday and i will be happy to see you enjoying it playing Araxion. *heart*
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/19/2018, 02:23   #86

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kape7 View Post
Always glad to see pserver developing new stuff instead of just opening default servers with only the basic stuff on them. The whole proxy thing to add new features to the game without having the source code is something I also considered long time ago, but seeing someone apply it in such a way (custom UI) is really clever.

Best of luck on this!
I really appreciate this feedback, you're one of the decent people around that offered help without asking for money and you always contributed to the community one way or another. You were also a great help to me back in the days, thanks a lot and I really wish you luck in your life.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/19/2018, 02:50   #87

Waitin Sro <3
Old 03/19/2018, 06:47   #88

elite*gold: 51
DUDEEEE, i ******' luv u man.. finally someone steps in and remove this ****** annoying disturbance.. ugh.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/19/2018, 07:04   #89

downloading today
Old 03/19/2018, 08:50   #90

i think its gonna be a big server .... IGN DesTroYeR ... GL
Closed Thread

Tags
araxion, cap 100, chinese, sro, vsro