Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Flaws & Improvement] of PServers | Let’s make PSro great again!

Discussion on [Flaws & Improvement] of PServers | Let’s make PSro great again! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 1
[Flaws & Improvement] of PServers | Let’s make PSro great again!

Greetings, worst community ever!

I’ve initiated this thread because I haven’t been a player for so long, which resulted in me viewing things from a perspective that’s different to your own.
Think of this as a survey that serves the purpose of making drastic improvements to the field of Private Silkroad.
Pour your brain out in the comments, and let’s see if we really do view things from different perspectives.

Example of our different points of view: Some players hate silk scrolls, while we as server owners view it as a Play2Win feature, or to describe them more accurately; silk scrolls are a double-edged sword. The donators get things faster, but you as non-donator players can make profit through your efforts, yes, you’ll need to work more than them, but what’s the point of donations if that weren’t the case? Yeah, they’ll get things faster, but that saying is partially flawed too, sure they’ll have more resources to do Alchemy with, but Alchemy is a RNG feature, it’s based on luck, you might be better than the hardcore donators if you got lucky. I’ve seen many examples of that happening, you might have not noticed, but we as server owners have access to all of the statistics of the server and I dont know if every server owner does this, but I for example see what the most bought items are, what the less bought items are, and try to make them more balanced in a the subsequent server. To sum it up, silk scrolls are more Play2Win than a Pay2Win feature, you can call it both, but without them, non-donators will only have gold to use. I see the guy in the back saying immortals can be used for trading too, that’s not quite true, nowadays having unique monsters dropping immortal stones is mandatory, nobody will use or view it as efficiently as silk scrolls.

P.s: You can go wild on whatever you suggest, everything is possible to implement if the developers aren’t lazy, with some few exceptions that require source files.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/12/2019, 21:49   #2

elite*gold: 0
Don't come in here expecting to change something with that attitude. You can't do **** if you take donations for granted and if you treat sro as a business. Let me tell you how you can make psro scene better in a few easy steps:

1) Don't close your server after two months.

2) Remove donations or don't give out anything for money. Simply accept donations AS DONATIONS, not as payment for items. If your server is half decent then donations will come, but don't count on them. If you don't have enough money to keep it running, don't open a server.

3) Remove bot ( & adjust rates to make the game playable without bot)

Done. You have succeeded. No matter how **** your server is, keeping it open will allow you to make improvements and draw players to it. But these quick cash grabs such as ruby, electus etc. will never stand more than a few months at best, simply because the owners are greedy ***** only looking for money.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 02/12/2019, 21:49   #3

Only thing you need to make a good private server in my opinion is a good, and active job cave. And the way to go about making one is not increasing the sox drop rates by 4% compared to other grinding areas.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/12/2019, 22:15   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
Don't come in here expecting to change something with that attitude. You can't do shit if you take donations for granted and if you treat sro as a business. Let me tell you how you can make psro scene better in a few easy steps:

2) Remove donations or don't give out anything for money. Simply accept donations AS DONATIONS, not as payment for items. If your server is half decent then donations will come, but don't count on them. If you don't have enough money to keep it running, don't open a server.

Done. You have succeeded. No matter how shit your server is, keeping it open will allow you to make improvements and draw players to it. But these quick cash grabs such as ruby, electus etc. will never stand more than a few months at best, simply because the owners are greedy fucks only looking for money.
Not sure what you meant with "that attitude" if you're referring to the worst community ever part, that's what this community has been called since the very beginning, you and I are part of it as well.

1) You're taking this part too lightly, it's not as easy as you thing, unless you meant keeping it online with less than 50 online players.

2) Personally, I only want whatever I invested to come back from the servers I make, profit doesn't matter that much if the server is stable and has many active players. Let's now think about both the positive and negative parts of this point, first of all, not getting what I spent on the project basically means I'm throwing money on the ground, donating them to homeless people would be better, let's now see what'd happen if I disabled donations or kept them but giving nothing in return, knowing this community, I know for a fact that there will barely be any donations at all, MMORPG with donations that give nothing in return sounds weird, but that isn't the issue, a different scenario would be enabling the regular silk donations until we get what we invested on the project then reduce them to donations that give nothing in return, that'd way too unfair for the people who haven't donated, or for example people who have decided to join late.

3) Aside from the easier rates, leniency of botting is something that made people pick private servers over the original Silkroad, and apart from that; the older generation of players are now all over 20 years-old, they don't have the time to spend as they had in their youth, many different views have been directed to the tolerance of botting, I personally side with it, since my servers are reaching to the older generations, not only the new pals. Nobody can deny that disabling bots will make the servers more active, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smukke View Post
Only thing you need to make a good private server in my opinion is a good, and active job cave. And the way to go about making one is not increasing the sox drop rates by 4% compared to other grinding areas.
Mhmm, how do you suggest we make it active then, if not increased rates?
Old 02/12/2019, 23:31   #5

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by rares495 View Post
Don't come in here expecting to change something with that attitude. You can't do **** if you take donations for granted and if you treat sro as a business. Let me tell you how you can make psro scene better in a few easy steps:

Done. You have succeeded. No matter how **** your server is, keeping it open will allow you to make improvements and draw players to it. But these quick cash grabs such as ruby, electus etc. will never stand more than a few months at best, simply because the owners are greedy ***** only looking for money.
This is too funny, I hope you looked at pearl. Cause it was a play2win server and it failed.

I have nothing to say more than this thread will be another useless thread. No offense but I hope you realize that we are doing this to satisfy the player and the majority of the players loves private Servers as they're now.
Old 02/13/2019, 01:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locklyon View Post
This is too funny, I hope you looked at pearl. Cause it was a play2win server and it failed.

I have nothing to say more than this thread will be another useless thread. No offense but I hope you realize that we are doing this to satisfy the player and the majority of the players loves private Servers as they're now.
I didn't answer that part about Electus and Ruby because it's basically Off-Topic, I'm not asking about people's opinion on current servers, I'm asking them what do they want to see in servers, how to improve them, and actually make them unique.
About this being a useless thread, I don't think so, there's room for many improvements to be done, I'm going to ask you a question, what differs your server Ruby from the other servers, what do you think is unique about it?
Old 02/13/2019, 13:48   #7

elite*gold: 135
Well, your whole post is talking about donations , however it's not (Improvement).
SRO is 14 years old game , wanna improve it ? you must have the source with(high knowledge ) to improve the engine it's self but this "worst community" doesn't have the knowledge except a bit.

btw, sro players will move between servers no matter how stable/pay2win/play2win/non bot/bot/non donate these servers are.
Old 02/13/2019, 15:06   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by $WeGs View Post
Well, your whole post is talking about donations , however it's not (Improvement).
SRO is 14 years old game , wanna improve it ? you must have the source with(high knowledge ) to improve the engine it's self but this "worst community" doesn't have the knowledge except a bit.

btw, sro players will move between servers no matter how stable/pay2win/play2win/non bot/bot/non donate these servers are.
Not really, there's only one part about silk scrolls which was something I explained from my point of view to show that the players and server owners don't share the same opinion on some stuff, it wasn't related to the main topic, anyway, that's why I want to listen to them and see how they'd improve the core game-play system if they owned a server, not the engine, you misunderstood the goal of this thread. Creating a very long-term server might seem impossible due to your previous experiences, but in fact it's possible, it'd just take a lot of thinking and fore-planning. The negative comments you guys drop won't serve any purpose, if you're deeming this thread useless, then simply ignore it, however; call me insane, I'm sure I can get something out of it.
Old 02/13/2019, 15:44   #9

elite*gold: 235
My opinion: Never ask the community, just "build" your server in a way you can identify yourself with it. Our upcoming server is built on exactly this base. It's gonna be long-term? Dunno, this depends on the players moods and preferences.
This donation-thing... I doubt any server-creator/-owner is doing this for free because he is full of love with everybody xD
If I want to do something for free because of fun and to much time, I'd code any open-source software. But sro-pserver? Nope.
Most important here... find your perfect way between donator-content and free4all content. In my eyes, keep everything for free and speed up the same way for the donators (with regard to silkitems, not any gamerelated endgame-content).
However, different people, different opinions... I wish you more luck with your next project.

Btw, if people would live like your signature says, this scene would be roughly easy to handle
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2019, 16:19   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityProject View Post
My opinion: Never ask the community, just "build" your server in a way you can identify yourself with it. Our upcoming server is built on exactly this base. It's gonna be long-term? Dunno, this depends on the players moods and preferences.
This donation-thing... I doubt any server-creator/-owner is doing this for free because he is full of love with everybody xD
If I want to do something for free because of fun and to much time, I'd code any open-source software. But sro-pserver? Nope.
Most important here... find your perfect way between donator-content and free4all content. In my eyes, keep everything for free and speed up the same way for the donators (with regard to silkitems, not any gamerelated endgame-content).
However, different people, different opinions... I wish you more luck with your next project.

Btw, if people would live like your signature says, this scene would be roughly easy to handle
Thanks for stating your opinion in such a delicate manner, that's for starters.
Now getting back to the topic, you have a valid point indeed, but that won't work for too long, with every second that passes with us not actually playing the game; our knowledge descends and stops updating, since our engagement with the game is very limited. Our perspective is superficial and doesn't represent what the players are experiencing, their feedback during the server's lifespan helps, but it doesn't provide all of the required support to ensure you do way better in your subsequent server, it only ensures that you don't fall for the mistakes you did, and some people don't even learn from that. Again, this thread is for people to suggest how they'd change the core game-play system if they owned a server, which means drastic changes and improvements to the actual game, sure some features would help along the way, but that's not what I'm mainly looking for, I want actual game-play ideas, something that doesn't feel like Silkroad, yet being utilized to be compatible with Silkroad, not sure if you're going to understand this, but I want to implement actual changes and see them being done to this game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2019, 17:00   #11

Holaa! Actually owners build their servers so fast. They dont have the time to make it "unique" only to catch up some money... More servers --- less players jumping randomly between each one. Even good servers die due those random skips and sadly active servers start to die cause Silkroad players are already over 20 years old, everyone need to work and so. Good look to everyone x_x and as Infinity said. "just "build" your server in a way you can identify yourself with it" and take every suggestion that you can while you are doing it.

I would like to see a Capture the Flag system which the winner team is the one who got the Flag in their zone for more time. Winner=20 Ice thropy or something like that.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/13/2019, 17:13   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Holaa! Actually owners build their servers so fast. They dont have the time to make it "unique" only to catch up some money... More servers --- less players jumping randomly between each one. Even good servers die due those random skips and sadly active servers start to die cause Silkroad players are already over 20 years old, everyone need to work and so. Good look to everyone x_x and as Infinity said. "just "build" your server in a way you can identify yourself with it" and take every suggestion that you can while you are doing it.

I would like to see a Capture the Flag system which the winner team is the one who got the Flag in their zone for more time. Winner=20 Ice thropy or something like that.
Yes, most owners do rush their servers, but it's mostly because of the other big servers, people tend to open in a date that's different than them, it's common sense, but the server should be prepared for in advance, then commence to seek a date that's perfect for it. Of course, a server reflects its owner's mindset and identity, but as I replied to him; more feedback is required from the community, owners tend to modify the ideas of servers that launched before them and use them as a base, because trying something new is too risky. The most innovative feature I've seen during my time here was the Reworked Fortress War system that was implemented in Celestius, my server. Sadly, the server collapsed too soon due to an inexperienced team member/developer. I've learned my lesson and decided not to work with people I have no background of. Anyway, not every thing that's going to be suggested here will be copy pasted, modifications will be done as we see fit, the judge will be our years of experience.

About the CTF suggestion, it does resemble the Fortress War system we had in Celestius, the winner was indicated by points you get from various activities, one of them was occupying the Fortress itself, 1 minute was equal to [10] points. It's possible and actually a good suggestion, kudos to you for that.
Old 02/13/2019, 21:06   #13

elite*gold: 118
I don't think the situation is going to change at all as actually its nothing more to be done. Most (not all ) of the servers right now are almost play2win , it could even require you months to achieve something but this is not what controls the people anymore , right now its all about the hype you are doing for you server , you succeeded with that ? then its good ,but if you didn't then you are screwed if you invested alot in your server even if you had really good features and a stable server.

Donations can be kept in a limited base which with it you won't be able to achieve any gamebreaking accomplishments but why are people just asking for it to be removed ? Does that even make any sense ?. Also didn't the people behind those servers work on it and spent time doing that ? , You don't wake up and find your server just done and ready to be announced to the public. You shouldn't forget that people opening those servers are just normal people not big companies with a lot of money , so i don't think its a bad thing to have a virtual currency in the game that people can get by donating, but as I just said with limited to no effect on the main gameplay.

The situation is weird , people are asking for a non bot server where they can enjoy silkroad and bla bla , but yea go look to the Non bot servers [Sorry for mentioning servers names] , Origin how many players do they have , 30 ? NGE which is supposed to be a party - activity based server how many players do they have , 4 ?. Maybe those servers are what everything should be but its not what the community wants. Want to ask me which servers are successful then ? , then sadly let me tell you its only the weird servers out there. DemonRoad , 7 years and still online , no HWID and shit , real admin assistants and EMs doing daily events and walking around with the people, bots all around the server and people still donates and having fun with a simple system. Pure SRO , sadly to say that the owner of that server can't be even compared to any of the SRO developers around here but look his server have been online for over 5 years and a lot of people are inside there daily and still donating , its features ? , similar to demonroad as there is no HWID limits , bots allowed and so on. Personally used to play 2 years ago in a server called Falcon and before it Necro (they had the same owners and alot of SRO drama) , guess what ? , those two servers managed to stay from 2013 to 2017 and still they had those basic systems with no HWID , no custom events , GMs GAs and EMs and yeah just basically what I said before about other servers. On the other hand look at Celestius with its great features and so on , 3 weeks (1 week with like 30 players ) ,, Pyrite 2~3 weeks ,, ArkSolid 2~3 weeks, Dymer 1 week , Spectre 3 weeks , Pearl 2 weeks , only lately Electus and Ruby could keep a 3~7 months server.

Personally I can't identify the problem because its just way too hard to make everyone satisfied. But I think with the players jumping from servers every two days and developers opening new servers every couple of days too then its not going to get fixed.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/13/2019, 21:26   #14

Received Thanks: 1,044
You're so sweet
Old 02/14/2019, 00:13   #15

Silk scrolls should be gone,they exchanged gold value...everyone can have gold but not all of them silk scrolls just donators! thats make huge advantage... They buy those dumb sox boxes with silk scrolls at start and non donator cant...so they gonna have a full sos set/wep at start...basically it makes it pay2win!

Thats the reason why so many people leave servers!

1. Remove silk scrolls! (gold should be only value and it should be hard,but left silk items tradable)

2.Remove sox boxes, Make it as it should be with hard drop rate! (THEY SUCK! thats pay2win its hard to get them and when you get 1 you wont get ****! Uniques drops them most of the time but guess who gets them? whola donators who bought every single box on the server!,you cant even get party if you are not donator...)

3.Other edits on most of the servers are okay,i personally dont like those sox edits and glows but its not a big deal...

4. Ip/pc limit 2-3 is just enough!

5. 1 way to make P-servers great again would be deleting all epvp silkroad posts! and then just approve few nice servers with lets say 3 servers with 3 random caps.

That's just my thinking nothing personal: D
Thanks
1 User