Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

All questions answered here. Ask any SRO related doubt [No Support]

Discussion on All questions answered here. Ask any SRO related doubt [No Support] within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 6,289
Lightbulb All questions answered here. Ask any SRO related doubt [No Support]

I will be answering any question, doubt, or problem that any of you have related with the SRO serverfiles or the client. What x table does, how to change something, how something works, etc. The point is share all the knowledge I've obtained during the last 5 years that I've spent on SRO, 3-4 years of PK2 edits, and 1+ year of serverfiles experience.

Take this thread as a general guide, I won't be releasing anything already done (maybe in some exceptions), I will just guide you about how to do it by yourself, so you can actually learn something useful from this.
I won't also answer too wide questions, like "how to add arabia", since there are so many things to answer about that, but more like "how to solve x problem that I get when adding arabia".
I won't also answer common errors questions, which were answered on many threads already. With this I'm talking about configuration errors on your server, like shardmanager closing or item mall errors, etc.

I may also link my replies on the first post for avoid duplicated questions, and also for make the users that google for something in the future easier to find the solution.

Replies:

Thanks
86 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 03:25   #2

elite*gold: 48
Sounds nice, glad there are still people trying to help others.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 03:33   #3
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
well, i have always wondered 2 thing
first
where to get the files/lines needed to add a new item, or how to make an item from scratch
and second
You know any list of Param for skills/item
Old 10/07/2012, 04:15   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
well, i have always wondered 2 thing
first
where to get the files/lines needed to add a new item, or how to make an item from scratch
and second
You know any list of Param for skills/item
1st: Make an item from scratch

First I have to explain how the stuff is stored on the server/client:
The client and the server have a similar way to store the data. On the server, all the items/characters/monsters/NPC's/pets/etc are stored on the table _RefObjCommon. This table contains, as the name says, the "common" data, which means, the data shared by all the objects. On _RefObjCommon, there is at the end a column called "Link", which links the line with the ID of the _RefObjChar/_RefObjItem/_RefObjStruct tables, depending on which kind of item it is. Those tables contain specific info about the object, including the params, which are the parts that actually make the object have an specific behavior or function. The data from the _RefObjCommon + 2nd table (one of the 3 I said above) generate the lines from the client files. In some cases there is some info not shown on the client lines, but its usually unimportant info, like the resistance from monsters against abnormal status columns.

How the server/client know what kind of object its stored on _RefObjCommon? By the TIDs columns (Type ID). There are 4 of those columns, and they specify what kind of object is described on that line.
I wasn't supposed to share this, but I've lost contact with Klevre looooong time ago, so I don't think he would mind at all.
This list contains all the TID's. It works with a tree structure. The list is a bit outdated, I haven't found yet how to get it from the current client, but basic items are there:

The TID1 is usually the same, the TID2/3/4 are shown on the list posted above.

So for example, if we search for an HP potion:

We find that the TID2 is 3, TID3 is 1 and TID4 is 1. If we search for that combination on the list I posted, 3 1 1 we find:
3 - Consumable Item
> 1 - Potions
>> 1 - HP Potion

So that's it. All the items work this way. Also monsters/characters and everything stored on the _RefObjCommon table. The TID's specify wich kind of object is stored, and depeding on the result, the behavior when reading the line will be different.

But lets focus. Now we know how _RefObjCommon identify the objects. For create an object from scratch, the best option is take the data from an existing object, and modify the values we want to change. For special functions on those items, like Overlimit does, it requires log parsing (or _TimedJob parsing) and SQL edits, since that is more complex, I won't explain it here. Anyway, lets imagine that we want to make, for example, a new kind of potion that heals 2000 HP. This is really easy, but its a perfect example. We would just need to copy any potion line from _RefObjCommon, change the codename (the codename is the string that identify the item over the rest, unlike the ID, the codename never change between versions. Still the codename is just for identificative purporses and it doesn't change the function of the item), and then add it in the end of the _RefObjCommon table. Then copy the line from _RefObjItem (because a potion is an item) which the Link column from _RefObjCommon indicate, and paste it on the end of the _RefObjItem table. The ID from the _RefObjItem table is the Link from the _RefObjCommon table, so you have to update the Link there with the ID from the objitem table. Once that is done, just check the Param columns from _RefObjItem. Unlike skills, that have the params stated as numbers for indicate what kind of functions they do, the items parameters are different depending on the TID's set on them. That's all hardcoded on the gameserver, but for example, if the item is a potion, it will have the Param1 as the "amount of HP healing", the Desc columns are just visual and doesn't affect the parameters at all as far as I know.
Back to topic. On the _RefObjItem table, browse to the Param1 column of the new item we created, based on the normal potion. If we took the lowest potion, the amount should be "120". So we just have to change this number to the amount we want. And that's all.
For add it on the client side, and avoid problems, we can just take the same HP potion line from the itemdata_5000.txt file and copy it at the itemdata_45000.txt file, and then update the ID, the codename, and the amount of HP healed. The structure is 99% the same as on the DB, so find those values on the client is a piece of cake.

In resume, the key for make an item from scratch is take a line from an existing item with a similar function we want to make, and create the item based on that line.

2nd: Params

That is complicated. For items, as I explained above, it all depends on what item it is.
For skills, there are few stored procedures that contains few parameters ID's and their function, but not really useful. The parameters are hardcoded on the gameserver/client. We can take all the parameters from there, but we can't know their function unless we test them.

Some I know are:
1936945013 = Unique summon skills
1902474100 = Trap skills (used for quest items, those traps for capture mobs)
1835229552 = Rogue mask creation skill
1919776116 = Black res skill. This is used for set a buff to a player after using the res skill, in this case, the buff that increase the HP/defense of the player a lot after being resed with the black ress skill.

That's pretty much everything. Creeper (kariotz) was the one doing most of the darkness mastery, he parsed many skill params, but I won't share his job without his permission. Is not hard anyway, just require time.
Thanks
29 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 04:24   #5

i want the explanation of params in _RefSkill
and explanation of TypeID in _RefObjCommon
Old 10/07/2012, 04:26   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercom View Post
i want the explanation of params in _RefSkill
and explanation of TypeID in _RefObjCommon
I explained those above.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2012, 04:50   #7
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
if I could give you more than 1 thnx on this post you will have at least 5

and the txt(lines) for the media are the same as objCommon, or they must be built from scratch(existing lines)
and which files exactly are the needed(txt/models/etc)

also
you have any idea where the walking animation is defined(if it is)
Old 10/07/2012, 04:52   #8

well synx

i wanna know smt

ITEM_MALL_PET_WATCH_CHULHYEN_4W

well i figured out how to increase pets slots but i miss some thing
the time .. i cant find from where i can make it for real 4w

could u help me?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2012, 05:37   #9

Hey good morning,

I have some questions. I hope you can help me
My first one is do you know how to calculate the "Variance" and a "MagParam" of an item??

My secound is how can I start the services without smc ??
(it doesnt work for me so good)

My idea is to write a tcp tool in c# which communicates with global manager (or?) ?

But I dont have the packet(s) for this.

Ok I can sniff it but I dont know how to convert it here is a packet:

Code:
00000000  09 00 08 60 00 00 36 00  00 00 C9 02 03 63 01      ...`..6. ..É..c.

Thanks
Old 10/07/2012, 05:48   #10

i want to use br files or vsro files with old interface.. not just exp bar and no bugs is there a way or is it a dream..
Old 10/07/2012, 06:18   #11
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyronP_G View Post
My secound is how can I start the services without smc ??
(it doesnt work for me so good)

My idea is to write a tcp tool in c# which communicates with global manager (or?) ?

But I dont have the packet(s) for this.

Ok I can sniff it but I dont know how to convert it here is a packet:

Code:
00000000  09 00 08 60 00 00 36 00  00 00 C9 02 03 63 01      ...`..6. ..É..c.

Thanks
you can ask Lastthief for the AIO source
as for now, is the only public(recent) tool that does that
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 12:37   #12

elite*gold: 100
how did the serverfiles got leaked?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/07/2012, 13:11   #13

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,311
**** , if every one would be as-shareful as you are , this forum community could really reach something amazing.
Thanks in advance , and now few questions , sry if they're too long :s.
1. Atleast a little explaination of fortress war "tax" system , because i'd want to switch bandit's tax to downhang.
2. Is there any table / row / collumn in database for SiegeStructAttack or something like that? ( E.g if its possible to disable 9dg weapon attacks @ fortress structures. )
3. Am i avaible to change capture the flag rewards to honor points ? ( 1 kill = 1 point )
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/07/2012, 13:39   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyLgD View Post
**** , if every one would be as-shareful as you are , this forum community could really reach something amazing.
Thanks in advance , and now few questions , sry if they're too long :s.
1. Atleast a little explaination of fortress war "tax" system , because i'd want to switch bandit's tax to downhang.
2. Is there any table / row / collumn in database for SiegeStructAttack or something like that? ( E.g if its possible to disable 9dg weapon attacks @ fortress structures. )
3. Am i avaible to change capture the flag rewards to honor points ? ( 1 kill = 1 point )
this guy got potential, i can see it.

sry for going offtopic
Old 10/07/2012, 13:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferpa_ View Post
how did the serverfiles got leaked?
Someone found out the IP of Net2E_TestLocal server. Many ports were open, and they got access to the server using Metasploit exploits. Then they simply downloaded the files from the remote machine, and left a backdoor behind. Some people still have access to this server.
Closed Thread