Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 12:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is SRO Your Favorite MMORPG?

Discussion on Is SRO Your Favorite MMORPG? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 11/28/2010, 03:10   #16

elite*gold: 0
qwe, same thing. however, i still dont like it that much.
@kqy, the other games dont turn your comp into an oven, you just need a half decent one. The better the graphics the easier it is to submerse yourself in the game. However, when im playing silkroad im never completly submersed. idk
Old 11/28/2010, 11:38   #17

since sro is my first and my last mmorpg i guess ist also my fav
Old 11/28/2010, 12:49   #18

elite*gold: 61
Received Thanks: 1,972
I think that SRO has the best Graphics for a free MMO around,once u played sro for 1- 6 years, you dont like any other thing because the graphics of Silkroad are that good.Ive bin playing SRO since v.1.15(5-6 years ago).I kinda like Diablo 3(from what ive seen from it).I dont like games with ****** graphics.Silkroad is just so nice in graphics ^^.

*Press thanks if u agree* ^^

Greetz Luclevon
Old 11/28/2010, 13:03   #19

Once you play silkroad and see the awesome skills and the easy to understand system, all other MMORPG's seem to be ****.

You should try out Cabal Online too.I recommend it for those that are sick of Silkroad.Its a easy to play game,AWESOME graphics and skills(skills are VERY WELL DONE!),nice storyline,etc.

So to conclude, our world's Top 10 MMORPG's is composed of
1)Silkroad Online
2)Cabal Online
That's it.We still don't have other games for the 3)rd->10)th places.

When im gonna have kids the first thing i will teach them is to play SRO.
Old 11/28/2010, 17:32   #20

elite*gold: 2
lol teach them to play sro?... wow...

anyways, silkroads system isnt very easy to understand, ESPECIALLY if you start on your own, it took me like 2 weeks to fully understand the gapping system and mastery system when i started on my own, + its even more complicated now, silkroad isnt an easy game.

for cabal, yeah ive tried starting cabal private servers, not the official ones, but from what ive seen, the skills were nice, but something bugged me about the game play
Old 11/29/2010, 04:27   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecz24 View Post
Once you play silkroad and see the awesome skills and the easy to understand system, all other MMORPG's seem to be ****.

You should try out Cabal Online too.I recommend it for those that are sick of Silkroad.Its a easy to play game,AWESOME graphics and skills(skills are VERY WELL DONE!),nice storyline,etc.

So to conclude, our world's Top 10 MMORPG's is composed of
1)Silkroad Online
2)Cabal Online
That's it.We still don't have other games for the 3)rd->10)th places.

When im gonna have kids the first thing i will teach them is to play SRO.
Lol? last thing i would teach my kids (if i ever have any) is playing MMOs , it nearly ruined my studies and my future with it , its too fcking addictive.

If it wasn't for sro , i would've done alot better at school.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/29/2010, 04:31   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercsaki View Post
I like other mmorpgs too... but SRO is still the best. I'm not the one who sticks to 1thing in any part of life..and i'm playing sro for 6th years. I'm voting
To tell the truth, i've played sro for more than 6 years. LOL!!though there are many new mmos, its still the best. it has become a sweet memory of my life! it is meaningful to me.
Old 11/29/2010, 04:36   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kqy View Post
My first and last MMO ! when you start sro , you can't play any other game , it just becomes tastless.

I think its basically because of the very simple and easy system , and the awesome graphics , but espacially the movements of the characters , i mean it's very realistic. Just have a look at the blader skills , the dagger , the glavie , double axe ... its just so fcking awesome .
tnx for suppporting. actually this is what i want to say. i just love the simple and easy system rather than a complex one. It makes me feel comfortable!
Old 11/29/2010, 21:55   #24

support diablo 2 ~ my virgin mmo,
nvm it was taken by runescape.... i hate that ****
Old 11/29/2010, 22:00   #25

**** man i played a year still dont know how to be a traader... all i know is that i bought horse and ride it around the map and then see people kill monsters
then i said "why so serious"
Old 11/30/2010, 03:13   #26

elite*gold: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentgunner View Post
The graphics arent good, i dont know what you guys are talking about. if you want good graphics play Aion or best of all Age of Conan. Again sro is meh. 5/10
You do know you can change the graphic settings, right? It can be a lot better than the standard options you get when you install the game. But then you need some more RAM and a good graphic card.
Old 11/30/2010, 07:31   #27

elite*gold: 792
mmorpg's have many games.. but i gotta say YES sro is the best
Old 12/01/2010, 13:46   #28

No.

I like lotro much more than sro. but because i'm cheap and a cheater, i still play sro.
Old 12/01/2010, 14:06   #29

I've played since it came out. I'm the kind of guy who, if i like a game, i keep playing it. I still play alot of old ones like CS, jagged alliance, disciples2, even soldier of fortune 2 (have a lan party once in a while, we all get drunk and shoot eachother).

Is SRO the best? well... when it came out it was good. There was no botting (or at least hardly any) which was ok, cause the cap was low, you could get to it.
tons of people who weren't afk. lots of fun. It definitely has potential.
but in reality i think...
6/10 graphics
8/10 sounds
7/10 character modelling
8/10 skills (graphic and concept)
1/10 leveling system
0/10 "SP" system. Its just stupid that you need a high level wizard botting for 2 months, while you are p lvled and then you need to go and die for a few hours and get ressed so you can get more sp..etc..etc.
0/10 quests serious, when i start a character, i usually don't do any of them now, they are so pointless. unless you get beserk scrolls or something.
6/10 job system, i'm being generous since i enjoy the jobs. but its really imbalanced.
3/10 pvp also seriously imbalanced. however, if you duel someone around your level, uninterrupted, its not too bad, could even be one of the best?
1/10 item mall everything is extremely overpriced. hell... i'd rather have iBot or Sbot than anything in the item mall. 3 hours of 2x exp for 20 bucks? hmm.... or bot for a month on like 7$ :P

Overall i still give a vote, because there was some good times on this game, and even tho i can't say too much good about it, i enjoy playing and thats all that matters.

I would still say Atlantica online is up there with the "best" mmo's. It's turned based killing though so its not really comparable.
Whoever said Cabal is on crack, that had to be the worst game i've ever played. I think i'd rather play knight online or even ****** rappelz than that game. To each their own
Old 12/01/2010, 15:37   #30

elite*gold: 2
Hehe nice that you can play games when ur drunked ^^
I was drunked and destroyed my som glavie +7 -.- ....
Yeah i voted too^^.The graphic on High is soo awesome
And yeah @ The begining Quests are useless ^^ only inventory quests are useless at low lv ..