Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 01:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Some Information about nProtect

Discussion on Some Information about nProtect within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Maybe some information here will inspire someone.

Source:
Quote:
Quote:
....For instance, one of the things gameguard does is inject a driver into all of your running processes (dump_wmmic.sys or so I've been told by some security products), it also terminates system.exe and shuts down your computer when it detects a "possible hacking threat" e.g, hex editors and the like, it also loads a driver in the windows kernel messing up your task manager (or anything similar like task manager plus) and creates fake processIDs for the game process.. It writes and reads directly to your physical memory undermining most of your security products... the list goes on. Gameguard takes complete control over your computer and limits your access to your own computer, loads a bunch of temporary files (and more are used every time you run the game and doesn't delete them afterwards nor tells you where they are)!....
Source:
Quote:
Quote:

unProtect.dll

This DLL Does Not Bypass nProtect From Hackz, But It Does Bypass nProtect For APIs, And Restores APIs!
Source:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok ok, sorry for last time, didn't know there was a redirection. So sue me.

Anyways, this file enables you to use the APIs that nProtect disables. unProtect is intended to re-enable full functionality in your own programs, how ever you can use the dll with such things as tsearch if you?re able to get them running with nProtect.

Instructions:
-download upx if u dont already have it.
-copy the unprotect.dll to ur upx folder
-open command prompt
-navigate to the upx folder
-type upx.exe -d unprotect.dll
-this will decompress the file and make -it ready for use
-Start > Run
-type cmd
-navigate to the folder where the inject.exe is located
-If the unprotect.dll is in c:\unprotect.dll type this: inject.exe Shell_TrayWnd c:\unprotect.dll
...based from

This one is specifically for Maple Story however it could have information relevant to our situation.

Found on GmZ !
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/11/2006, 13:12   #2

this post was found on gamerplanet...i think ushould give credit
Old 03/11/2006, 13:21   #3

2nd time this guy post a quote from other forum and dont give credits...
Old 03/11/2006, 14:39   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by cupideffect@Mar 11 2006, 13:12
this post was found on gamerplanet...i think ushould give credit
this was my first tiem without credits sorry 4 that.

@shuryu

i always give credits show me the second thread.
Old 03/11/2006, 15:23   #5

YEA i saw this thread too in ************ ^__^
Old 03/11/2006, 16:23   #6

does it work for silkroad?
Old 03/12/2006, 18:54   #7

unpacked the unprotect.dll and injected it on explorer.exe.
Did not work with srobot.
Does srobot use an api that remains blocked by GG? Should I inject unprotect.dll into srobot process? if so what is its window classname ?
Old 03/12/2006, 23:32   #8

You used my post. I suppose I should feel honored.
Old 03/13/2006, 02:39   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by General@Mar 12 2006, 18:54
unpacked the unprotect.dll and injected it on explorer.exe.
Did not work with srobot.
Does srobot use an api that remains blocked by GG? Should I inject unprotect.dll into srobot process? if so what is its window classname ?
figured out how it works, but unprotect crashed when I try to restore... anyone got lucky with it?
Old 03/13/2006, 08:32   #10

wat folder do u put those 2 files in?
Old 03/13/2006, 13:10   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Mugzzzy@Mar 12 2006, 23:32
You used my post. I suppose I should feel honored.
really ? oh ok but u got the credits so
Closed Thread