Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO Main - Discussions / Questions
You last visited: Today at 01:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Want to get back to game and have few questions

Discussion on Want to get back to game and have few questions within the SRO Main - Discussions / Questions forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Want to get back to game and have few questions

Hello,

As topic says, I would like to remember old good days in Silkroad, but have few questions.

1. What is this "channel" thing in the login screen? I can select JOYMAX or JCPLANET

2. Is there any difference between those channels? Because I remember that Silkroad was JOYMAX game and have no idea what is that JCPLANET

3. Which server is the newest one and is there any plans to open a new one in the upcoming future?

4. I saw that there are isro and isro/r? What is that?

5. Is there a way to find into which server was your old character sent after all these server merges? (don't ask in which server I played, because it was 11years ago and I don't remember those fancy server names)

Old 03/15/2019, 16:50   #2

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,338
1. JCPlanet is just another publisher that bought the rights to create its own servers. Servers from JCPlanet are:
- Aeolus
- Hestia
- Xian
- Kali
- Palmyra

If you create a JCPlanet Account and select one of these servers your chars will get 100k SP and DG 1 - DG 9 SoSun +5 Weapons. You can also connect with your normal Joymax Account. But you won't receive these rewards.

2. All JCPlanet Servers have a fatigue system. In other words: After 5 hours of 100% EXP you will only get 50% EXP for the next 3 hours. After that you will be disconnected. But If you relog in town, a few minutes before your 100% time runs out, your bar will be at 100% again. Otherwise you have to wait for 0:00 Silkroad Standard Time to get your bar refilled.

3. Kali is the newest one. Launched back in late January 2019. A new server from JCPlanet will probably arrive in summer. At least thats what happened in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

4. There is basically close to zero difference nowadays. Most SRO-Features have been implemented on iSRO aswell. If I recall correctly the only difference as of today are:
- You can not attack uniques if you are higher than 20 levels compared to the unique
- You can avoid the fatigue system by becomming VIP Silver or higher

5. Trial and Error. At least if you do not remember the your old server name. Maybe your chars have been deleted since. Also there has been a massive hack-wave back in 2013/2014. So chances are pretty high that your chars are empty. Also the storage of your chars will be empty because you had to transfer your storage items manually. But it was only possible for like 30 days after the merge.

If you want my personal opinion:
- Do not go back. SRO is not worth playing anymore. Silkroad in 2019 has nothing to do with the Silkroad from 2005 to 2010. The whole game became garbage. Especially after they introduced VIP and Pay2Win Alchemy. Also they ruined the good old job System by removing traders and making it more like a stupid Quest system.

- pServer suck aswell. So do not even try to look at these servers. I always get cancer if I visit the pServer advertising section on Elitepvpers (For those "admins" that are reading this: Neither Pikachu nor Spiderman have anything to do with Silkroad). There are basically no pServers that can deliver an oldschool feeling. Mainly because they all added some crazy stuff that makes it impossible to get nostalgic. Also 99% of the pServers will be offline after like 7 or 14 days. A few weeks/month later the same guys will start a "2.0 version" of their server with everything wiped so players have to spend money again.

- If you really want to experience Silkroad in 2019 I would recommend to wait for a new server. Yea, it might take a few months until they open a new server. But starting on an old server is pretty hard. Even if the server only has been online for like 2 months. Also server hopping will start as soon as a new server will open. And people will start to leave the current server or will at least go afk 24/7.

- Also avoid the really old servers hosted by Joymax. These servers are simply way too old and the inflation is just crazy as fuck. I really can not recommend playing there. It is just impossible.

- Expect to spend between 30$ -100$ a month in order to get VIP Silver/Gold, stuff like Devil Spirit, Premium+ or stupid Alchemy Stones/Wheels. Without VIP it is pretty hard to get into a solid guild. And without these other Pay2Win Item it will be pretty hard to reach anything on the server. Also you need VIP Silver in order to avoid random disconnects from JCPlanet or Joymax. But from what I have heard there is an issue on these servers that causes frequent client crashes. So should play with a bot that supports clientless in order to avoid disconnects (otherwise your fatigue bar can go crazy and won't reset until the next serverwide refill). But I also have to say: Even with spending like 100$ a month you still won't be as good as the best players of the Server. Mainly because they waste >500/1000$ a month in order to get VIP Platinum/ VIP (VIP). Which is pretty much like godmode. Although they can technically die. But people with these buffs have such a good armor, and tons of buffs due to the VIP status. This does not even include the other buffs like honor buff. One of those guys can pretty much kill a whole union by themself.

Thanks
1 User
Old 03/16/2019, 08:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
1. JCPlanet is just another publisher that bought the rights to create its own servers. Servers from JCPlanet are:
- Aeolus
- Hestia
- Xian
- Kali
- Palmyra

If you create a JCPlanet Account and select one of these servers your chars will get 100k SP and DG 1 - DG 9 SoSun +5 Weapons. You can also connect with your normal Joymax Account. But you won't receive these rewards.

2. All JCPlanet Servers have a fatigue system. In other words: After 5 hours of 100% EXP you will only get 50% EXP for the next 3 hours. After that you will be disconnected. But If you relog in town, a few minutes before your 100% time runs out, your bar will be at 100% again. Otherwise you have to wait for 0:00 Silkroad Standard Time to get your bar refilled.

3. Kali is the newest one. Launched back in late January 2019. A new server from JCPlanet will probably arrive in summer. At least thats what happened in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.

4. There is basically close to zero difference nowadays. Most SRO-Features have been implemented on iSRO aswell. If I recall correctly the only difference as of today are:
- You can not attack uniques if you are higher than 20 levels compared to the unique

5. Trial and Error. At least if you do not remember the your old server name. Maybe your chars have been deleted since. Also there has been a massive hack-wave back in 2013/2014. So chances are pretty high that your chars are empty. Also the storage of your chars will be empty because you had to transfer your storage items manually. But it was only possible for like 30 days after the merge.

- Do not go back. SRO is not worth playing anymore. Silkroad in 2019 has nothing to do with the Silkroad from 2005 to 2010. The whole game became garbage. Especially after they introduced VIP and Pay2Win Alchemy. Also they ruined the good old job System by removing traders and making it more like a stupid Quest system.

- pServer suck aswell. So do not even try to look at these servers. I always get cancer if I visit the pServer advertising section on Elitepvpers (For those "admins" that are reading this: Neither Pikachu nor Spiderman have anything to do with Silkroad). There are basically no pServers that can deliver an oldschool feeling. Mainly because they all added some crazy stuff that makes it impossible to get nostalgic. Also 99% of the pServers will be offline after like 7 or 14 days. A few weeks/month later the same guys will start a "2.0 version" of their server with everything wiped so players have to spend money again.

- If you really want to experience Silkroad in 2019 I would recommend to wait for a new server. Yea, it might take a few months until they open a new server. But starting on an old server is pretty hard. Even if the server only has been online for like 2 months. Also server hopping will start as soon as a new server will open. And people will start to leave the current server or will at least go afk 24/7.

- Also avoid the really old servers hosted by Joymax. These servers are simply way too old and the inflation is just crazy as fuck. I really can not recommend playing there. It is just impossible.

- Expect to spend between 30$ -100$ a month in order to get VIP Silver/Gold, stuff like Devil Spirit, Premium+ or stupid Alchemy Stones/Wheels. Without VIP it is pretty hard to get into a solid guild. And without these other Pay2Win Item it will be pretty hard to reach anything on the server. Also you need VIP Silver in order to avoid random disconnects from JCPlanet or Joymax. But from what I have heard there is an issue on these servers that causes frequent client crashes. So should play with a bot that supports clientless in order to avoid disconnects (otherwise your fatigue bar can go crazy and won't reset until the next serverwide refill). But I also have to say: Even with spending like 100$ a month you still won't be as good as the best players of the Server. Mainly because they waste >500/1000$ a month in order to get VIP Platinum/ VIP (VIP). Which is pretty much like godmode. Although they can technically die. But people with these buffs have such a good armor, and tons of buffs due to the VIP status. This does not even include the other buffs like honor buff. One of those guys can pretty much kill a whole union by themself.
Wow, didn't expect such an amazing answer. It seems that you really liked silkroad in the past It's really sad that this game became p2w... and what you are saying about the job system... no more traders??? WHAT??? Man... This game is called Silkroad which means huge caravans in the desert...

Talking about servers. I saw that Hestia is the newest one, isn't it?

You talked about bot, is it still a thing after all these years?
Old 03/16/2019, 10:19   #4

elite*gold: 27
Quote:
- Aeolus
- Hestia
- Xian
- Kali
- Palmyra

Can u explain me that part ? I've heard that u get kicket without minimum vip silver or prem is this the reason?

Old 03/16/2019, 11:26   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliux32 View Post

Talking about servers. I saw that Hestia is the newest one, isn't it?
No. Hestia is not the newest one.
Kali is. Do not look at m3stat.com.
This website is outdated.

Quote:
You talked about bot, is it still a thing after all these years?
Sure.
Without bot you won't even be able to level up in the higher levels.
I have not played past 120 myself. But I still have some friends left on iSRO.
They told me that you need (roughly) 2 - 3 years to get from 130 to 140. Even with an own 8 men party and all that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveSTAR* View Post
Can u explain me that part ? I've heard that u get kicket without minimum vip silver or prem is this the reason?
As I mentioned in my post aswell Joymax/JCP will indeed disconnect players without VIP Silver or higher. So yea, it is true.
Nevertheless there are a lot of reports at the moment from players that complain about client crashes after teleporting. Some even have these problems everytime they try to teleport. This clearly is not "normal". So chances are pretty high that there is also a game bug at the moment that will cause game crashes.
I mean yea, could still be the VIP thing. But do not be suprised if client crashes still happen from time to time. Silkroad is a shitty coded game
Old 03/16/2019, 12:28   #6

Quote:
Sure.
Without bot you won't even be able to level up in the higher levels.
I have not played past 120 myself. But I still have some friends left on iSRO.
They told me that you need (roughly) 2 - 3 years to get from 130 to 140. Even with an own 8 men party and all that stuff.
Do you know any working bot to try me out? Or there's non of free ones?
Old 03/16/2019, 12:32   #7

Quote:
Do you know any working bot to try me out? Or there's non of free ones?
No.
There are no free bots out there.

SBot or PHBot are the way to go.
I would use SBot.
Old 03/16/2019, 12:35   #8

Quote:
No.
There are no free bots out there.

SBot or PHBot are the way to go.
I would use SBot.
Isn't Sbot that one where you can't register whether you want? I remember when I played, there was a bot which had limited time to register and buy it
Old 03/16/2019, 13:28   #9

Yea.
But thats not the case anymore.

Just register an account and subscribe ^^
Old 03/16/2019, 13:37   #10

Quote:
Yea.
But thats not the case anymore.

Just register an account and subscribe ^^
I tried but couldn't register... Whatever I put in, it just error it
Old 03/16/2019, 14:13   #11

Works fine for me.

Make sure that you enter a valid username and passwort.
Old 03/17/2019, 22:23   #12

elite*gold: 300
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,260
Short answer is the game is dead my friend