Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 07:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The Art of Making Hybrid Builds

Discussion on The Art of Making Hybrid Builds within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The Art of Making Hybrid Builds

The following will explain why it is much better to have a hybrid build in specific cases.(not pure distribution of str/int stats)
Throughout my time on silkroad, I always wondered about the basic mechanisms that play an important role in the core of silkroad.
Damage calculations is one of them. Few years back I came across with a formula to calculate the exact damage amount with which I am starting my article.
So here it comes,

Firstly, define some variables:

A = Basic Attack Power
B = Skill Attack Power
C = Attack Power Increasing rate
D = Enemy's total accessories Absorption rate
E = Enemy's Defence Power
F = Balance rate
G = Total Damage Increasing rate
H = Skill Attack Power rate
A final damage formula:

Damage = ((A + B)*(1 + C)/(1 + D) - E)*F*(1 + G)*H

It might come complicated at the first look. So I don't want to confuse you by explaining every single value in this equation. Lets just focus on the two parts that are closely related to our particular topic. Namely, A and F.
Basic Attack power and Balance Rate.

Lets have a closer look at basic attack power and balance rate calculations considering there might be people who are not familiar with the subject.

Basic Attack Power, which is the number that you see when you open the character page(Pressing C) There are two of them, one is Physical and one is Magical Attack as you know.
The calculation of this number is simple.
Physical Attack=(Physical Attack of your wep + Physical Attack of your Job Wep + Overall Str amount x Physical Reinforce of your weapon)x(Mastery Contribution)
Magical Attack=(Magical Attack of your wep + Magical Attack of your Job Wep + Overall Int amount x Magical Reinforce of your weapon)x(Mastery Contribution)

So lets do some math, we go with an example.

C Screen:

Weapon:

Job Weapon:

Now lets calculate our magical attack power:
Lets take the upper limit of the intervals in every step of the calculation.
On the C screen we see a value of 9001 for magical attack, our calculation should give us a value very close to that.
Weapon's magical attack=5916
Weapon's magical reinforce=545.8%=5.458
Job weapon's magical attack=254
Overall Int amount=516
5916+254+(5.458x516)=8986.328
As you see the calculated amount is very close to the expected amount.(The little error is negligible.)

Note:There is no mastery contribution in this example, however, if we were to calculate the physical attack power we should have taken the heuksal mastery contribution into account.(Which is 100% for a 100 level character.) Thus we would have to multiply the value by 2 in order to find the exact physical attack power.

So, now that we have seen the attack powers heavily depend on the str/int stats. Lets move to the balance calculation.

Lets define a variable and assign a value into it.
A=28+Level of the Character x 4
Physical Balance = 100 - 100 x 2/3 x (A - str)/A
Magical Balance = (100 x Int) / A
As an example, lets think of the char as 100 level. So A equals to 428.
Taking the previous C screen into account, str amount is 390 and int amount is 516.
Physical Balance=100 - 100 x 2/3 x (428-390) / 428 = 94.09
Magical Balance = 100 x 516 / 428 = 120.5
As you see the values are 94 and 120, so our calculation is accurate.

NOTE:This is where things get interesting. At the time when the silkroad has been released, the maximum amount a balance rate can get has been set to 120%. I don't know why it is so, but it is quite possible that the developers did not see any possible way that a normal character could have enough stat points to have more than 120% balance rate.
But with the updates that have come years after this has become possible. With the new job sets that have been introduced to the game with the new job system it was possible to have extra 33 str int, and they added a new silk item back in the beginning of 2016 to the Item Mall that can provide you with multiple lines of blues randomly. These two updates gave rise to new possibilities. But there was a problem, as many stat points you can have, the balance rate would not go above 120.

Important conclusion:When we take a look at the damage calculation formula that I shared at the beginning, we see that two important multipliers which we explained in detail. So to make it simpler, we can say that the damage value depends on multiplication of attack power and balance rate.
BOTH of which are related to str/int stats. So, as you keep increasing your int stat, lets say when your mag balance is at 110%, both the magical attack power and balance rate will increase. However, when the magical balance reaches to 120%, things get different. Although the magical attack power will keep increase as you get higher amount of int(thanks to the reinforce x int contribution) the magical balance will still stay 120%.

Thus, adding some amount of INT between 110-120% mag balance is much more effective than adding the same amount of INT when you are already at 120% mag balance.

This leaves us with the question, is it really worth to keep adding a stat point when your balance is already at 120%? For my case, as a spear, it really is not a wise move to keep adding Int. Instead, you can just start adding STR.

Advantages:
-You will have a much higher physical attack.(In fact, the damage you make with heuksal skills is much higher than the mere magical damage that you do with higher Int amount. Tested, turned out to be accurate.)
-You will have higher HP value thanks to the additional STR.
-You will have a higher physical defense.

So I guess this is it, there is some more to add and reach to conclusions such that which builds would benefit most from this, but I'll leave the rest for you to figure out. I only told this to few close friends of mine, and they advised me to keep all of this for myself. But I think it is much better when the knowledge is shared. I hope this has been helpful.
Thanks
13 Users
Old 11/16/2017, 21:30   #2

Prepared a video explaining the situation.
Old 11/16/2017, 22:10   #3

What about if we go hybrid bow with same system? worth to try? Bow should do more damage than spear with your hybrid theory.
Old 11/16/2017, 23:05   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunio0 View Post
What about if we go hybrid bow with same system? worth to try? Bow should do more damage than spear with your hybrid theory.
Sure you can. A hybrid bow would be as good too.
Old 11/17/2017, 05:25   #5

120% for int and more stats for str?
Old 11/17/2017, 08:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselw95 View Post
120% for int and more stats for str?
Exactly.
Old 11/29/2017, 13:02   #7

Amazing guide!

I used to play Silkroad couple of years ago. Such an amazing game. Stopped playing after all of my friends stopped as well. Now i am thinking of installing it again, brings out the great memories
Old 12/11/2017, 23:30   #8

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
Sup nkonde miss u ENES
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/19/2017, 07:27   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolrko View Post
Sup nkonde miss u ENES
Miss you too Ali, hope you come back to ephesus when the server merge takes place.
Old 12/26/2017, 22:39   #10

elite*gold: 350
Quote:
So I guess this is it, there is some more to add and reach to conclusions such that which builds would benefit most from this, but I'll leave the rest for you to figure out. I only told this to few close friends of mine, and they advised me to keep all of this for myself. But I think it is much better when the knowledge is shared. I hope this has been helpful.
Well in the time where Sro is a kinda dead game, its definitely not bad to share the knowledge. Maybe some people will get into the game again to try it out.
Old 01/21/2018, 21:32   #11

Very interesting guide can you help me and tell me what set did you use?
Im going to start playing a privite server and would like to test it out.
330 total mastery and cap 100 what advice can you give me on that?
Maybe 100 spear 100 cold 100 fire 30 light?
Old 01/29/2018, 22:27   #12

hello but what is the buil hybrid that you recommend, fire / cold or light / cold and how many points of int and str 8: 1/9: 1 etc ??
Old 02/19/2018, 21:33   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus614 View Post
hello but what is the buil hybrid that you recommend, fire / cold or light / cold and how many points of int and str 8: 1/9: 1 etc ??
any answers? this for spear nuke fire/cold
Old 02/19/2018, 22:02   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus614 View Post
I would pick fire/cold. But assuming you are asking this question, you are probably playing on a vsro-private server where fire/light/cold masteries are not combined into one mastery. And you can't simply take advantage of this hybrid theory as in those servers you will not be able to reach to 120% mag balance due to lack of str/int sources such as wheels and job set. SO, in short, this theory works only for iSRO!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/19/2018, 22:19   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by duboisi View Post
I would pick fire/cold. But assuming you are asking this question, you are probably playing on a vsro-private server where fire/light/cold masteries are not combined into one mastery. And you can't simply take advantage of this hybrid theory as in those servers you will not be able to reach to 120% mag balance due to lack of str/int sources such as wheels and job set. SO, in short, this theory works only for iSRO!
Langi I made a post on your youtube channel discussion page, my channel is SilkroadBros. I've been around for a few years on youtube and around 7 on sro. I was just wondering if i should start putting stat points into STR once i get to 110% magical AP or will i never even reach 110% in private server?