Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 12:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad R Returns to Europe with JC Planet

Discussion on Silkroad R Returns to Europe with JC Planet within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 08/08/2016, 07:11   #46

elite*gold: 0
Legend of silkroad was a failure,nothing like original silkroad,so maybe they will do somthing with this.
Old 08/08/2016, 16:05   #47

I was excited about it until i read to the part about VIP1, VIP2...nope sorry, i'll better stick to pservers.
Old 08/08/2016, 16:45   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpeinas View Post
I was excited about it until i read to the part about VIP1, VIP2...nope sorry, i'll better stick to pservers.
That's not something now. It has been like that on Silkroad-R for quite some time now
Old 08/08/2016, 16:59   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsune View Post
That's not something now. It has been like that on Silkroad-R for quite some time now
Well haven't played SRO for years, but with this VIP system it's just other generic game with obvious P2W system. I'll better pay 15$/month to get my hands on WoW legion where i won't get rekt by players who spent more money.
Old 08/08/2016, 17:49   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpeinas View Post
Well haven't played SRO for years, but with this VIP system it's just other generic game with obvious P2W system. I'll better pay 15$/month to get my hands on WoW legion where i won't get rekt by players who spent more money.
Well, being VIP doesn't make you win. Sure, it gives you benefits. But so does the premiums and other item mall items found on private servers as well.

But then again... are you really fighting to become the best? If so, I completely understand you. But in any game, pay2win or not, you only truly become the best if you spend a lot of time (or money). For most people, it doesn't matter if there's an elite of 10-25 players who have benefits others don't, as you'll never be competing with those people anyway
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/08/2016, 18:03   #51

Quote:
Well, being VIP doesn't make you win. Sure, it gives you benefits. But so does the premiums and other item mall items found on private servers as well.

But then again... are you really fighting to become the best? If so, I completely understand you. But in any game, pay2win or not, you only truly become the best if you spend a lot of time (or money). For most people, it doesn't matter if there's an elite of 10-25 players who have benefits others don't, as you'll never be competing with those people anyway
According to current SRO-R vip tables 10-20% boosts at 90lvl will be very unbalanced. It's not about becoming the best, it's about making everyone more or less equal (obviously silk buyers will get everything faster, but VIP buff is overkill anyway). It removes fun in competition while trading/thiefing. You see donor coming at you and you know you are screwed. Limiting free players to 3hours/day is insance, it's not free game anymore, it's pay2win.

It would be more effective to attract people just by limiting online chars for HWID and monitor bots better. It's just my opinion. Played SRO since beta and now coming back after few years break this old-school server seems perfect start, but they pay2win system is big no-go for me.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/09/2016, 02:45   #52

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by MareSR94 View Post
Legend of silkroad was a failure,nothing like original silkroad,so maybe they will do somthing with this.
I am not referring to LoS itself. JC Planet did not even develop that ****.
I am referring to JC Planet as a "publisher". And they were ****. Support was ****. Contact with players was ****. Everthing was ****. A few weeks after game release and and a lot of primises they closed the game without a bigger announcement. I still feel sorry for the players who already purchased premium items (and yea their acutally were people who liked the game and wanted to help "developing" it).

I am,really sure that they will do the same with their SRO-R Server. The first week their server will be well visited. But most people will notice really fast, that their system sucks. And when these guy leave the server will die sooner or later. And yea. JC-SRO will close
Old 08/09/2016, 08:00   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
I am not referring to LoS itself. JC Planet did not even develop that ****.
I am referring to JC Planet as a "publisher". And they were ****. Support was ****. Contact with players was ****. Everthing was ****. A few weeks after game release and and a lot of primises they closed the game without a bigger announcement. I still feel sorry for the players who already purchased premium items (and yea their acutally were people who liked the game and wanted to help "developing" it).

I am,really sure that they will do the same with their SRO-R Server. The first week their server will be well visited. But most people will notice really fast, that their system sucks. And when these guy leave the server will die sooner or later. And yea. JC-SRO will close
Wow arent you just a ray of sunshine and optimism.
Old 08/09/2016, 09:40   #54

Received Thanks: 1,312
Quote:
JC already failed with Legend of Silkroad.
No reason why SRO-R by JC Planet will be good.
to be fair.. no single puplisher/company out there could lead Legends of Silkroad to a success. (probalby one of the worst games ever made)
Old 08/09/2016, 10:48   #55

Quote:
I highly doubt Joymax will allow this to happen, though.
With Legend of Silkroad, the closure didn't affect ISRO / Sro-r and Joymax much. However, if an official international Silkroad server closes down quickly, it will negatively impact Joymax too.

So yeah, doubt they'll give them that much freedom.

Besides, the server will be popular (it's freaking 90 cap! Who doesn't love that?), so there's no reason for them to close it (Legend of Silkroad was never THAT popular).
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/09/2016, 12:00   #56

Wonder to go back... you think guys it's worth?
Old 08/09/2016, 12:58   #57

Received Thanks: 1,312
Quote:

Besides, the server will be popular (it's freaking 90 cap! Who doesn't love that?), so there's no reason for them to close it (Legend of Silkroad was never THAT popular).
^this

the server will be 24/7 crowded the first month and without premium you are ****** (auto dc every 3h ftw? )
Old 08/09/2016, 13:12   #58

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkishPlayer View Post
Wow arent you just a ray of sunshine and optimism.
Just take a look in their forum. There are already people suggesting to change the fatigue system. And in that discussion their is still no activity by JC Planet. You can also take a look into their other forums. Besides their GM Notes their isn't any important activity by them. They doesn't even delete thread by spammers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaSun View Post
to be fair.. no single puplisher/company out there could lead Legends of Silkroad to a success. (probalby one of the worst games ever made)
As I said. The game sucks. But I do not refer to the game quality. I am referring to the quality of JC Planets support, their general behavior and activities ingame.

Quote:
I highly doubt Joymax will allow this to happen, though.
With Legend of Silkroad, the closure didn't affect ISRO / Sro-r and Joymax much. However, if an official international Silkroad server closes down quickly, it will negatively impact Joymax too.

So yeah, doubt they'll give them that much freedom.

You really think that Joymax will care about that? Joymax never cares about anything. They even closed Russian Silkroad because they did not want to deliver updates to them. Remember that? And russian SRO was one of the best foreign SROs out there for a really long time.

tl;dr Joymax image is already ruined. I gues there is no player out there who is a fan of Joymax' work for what they did to SRO.

About the Cap 90: Do you guys really think, that JC-SRO will be oldschool? They doesn't even have old alchemy system, old trade system or anything else. It is like any other 0-8-15 pServer who only lowered the cap to 90. Also the map will be the same like in iSRO or SRO-R. They just disabled the teleporters. They will probably raise the cap 1-2 month after launch anyways. If you are asking why I know that: It is the same client that normal SRO-R is using. Even Joymax Servers are showing up in that client. The new server will probably show up in the old SRO-R Client too.
Old 08/09/2016, 14:47   #59

Quote:
You really think that Joymax will care about that? Joymax never cares about anything. They even closed Russian Silkroad because they did not want to deliver updates to them. Remember that? And russian SRO was one of the best foreign SROs out there for a really long time.

tl;dr Joymax image is already ruined. I gues there is no player out there who is a fan of Joymax' work for what they did to SRO.

About the Cap 90: Do you guys really think, that JC-SRO will be oldschool? They doesn't even have old alchemy system, old trade system or anything else. It is like any other 0-8-15 pServer who only lowered the cap to 90. Also the map will be the same like in iSRO or SRO-R. They just disabled the teleporters. They will probably raise the cap 1-2 month after launch anyways. If you are asking why I know that: It is the same client that normal SRO-R is using. Even Joymax Servers are showing up in that client. The new server will probably show up in the old SRO-R Client too.
Yes, Joymax will care, as Silkroad still earns them some money. Where there's money, they will care. Trust me, if there's one thing Joymax understands, it's money

Nobody knows for good why they closed Russian Silkroad. There were rumors that their files got leaked, though, so maybe Joymax wouldn't tolerate that. I'm not trying to defend why Joymax closed the Russian version. I'm just saying there can be so many different reasons. If the server earned them lots of money and there weren't any issues, of course they wouldn't have closed it. Joymax a greedy, remember.

And lastly, no of course it won't be "oldschool" as the 90cap was back in 2007/8 (can't remember exactly when it was released). But that's okay. It's still 90cap. I love the Silkroad-R systems (the new trading system etc.), and the 90 cap makes it realistic to actually cap with a char or two too!

For me, that's perfect. They don't need to change anything, just lower the cap. I'm expecting them to raise the cap within 3-4 months, of course. I think 1-2 months is too early. They want to earn as much money as possible, remember, so if they raise the cap too early, the players won't spend enough money on upgrading their weapons at each cap

Anyway, looking forward to the launch
Old 08/09/2016, 14:55   #60

BTW Official always better than private! I think everyone had his best time on an official server. You will always have a better feeling doing e.g. +9 on an official than on a private server. Over the long term official server always have more players. So if there are some ppl who prefer private why dont u just go there, dont spend money, but also be happy if u have to keep switching servers and so on! As long as JC will just open 1 server for now. It for sure will stay active and enjoyable
Thanks
1 User