Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 03:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Parry ratio Vs Raw defence

Discussion on Parry ratio Vs Raw defence within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

View Poll Results: Parry ratior or Raw defence
Parry ratio 84 38.71%
Raw defence 133 61.29%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,303
Post Parry ratio Vs Raw defence

For int builds (hybrids, nukers...etc).

If you were chosen between Raw defence or parry ratio, what would you choose?

(polls answers for people who HAVE exp in game at least 2years, its not that easy)

Note: I didn't post that in the ask the experts section due to its lifted.

NOTE:Raw defence means Mag defence and Phy Def.
Old 09/01/2009, 23:05   #2

elite*gold: 0
I'm not 100% sure...but of what i know, higher parry ratio just lowers the average dmg that an enemy is dealing on you. So basically the raw defence is more important...

Correct me if im wrong
Old 09/02/2009, 01:00   #3

As I see most people going for raw defence?
can you tell me why..some opinions?
Old 09/02/2009, 01:04   #4

As everyone knows parry ratio is important because it determines how much dmg you take within a certain range set.
So let's say a mob does 45-95 dmg to you: your parry ratio will make it so you take dmg closer to 45.
But Raw defence on the other hand will lower that range to say 40-90. Just as an example.
So from that I think parry ratio is important, but raw defence is more important =)
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/02/2009, 19:37   #5

Exactly, and also the crits...when you have the parry ratio buff the enemy high damage will not pass if it was from 9k to 13k damage, it may stick to 9k more, but with raw defence it will go down like 7k-10k so the crits will be less harder...
Old 09/02/2009, 19:45   #6

for inteds raw phy def... lol... for streds... i still would say a fire cold... maybe fire light but all on the char...for me... i still vote for parry in str... XD just cuz i got a full parry-att rate char and its avesomely gooooooood xD using prot...have no fire or even cold...(yeah now i think u know what u think... no im not idiot its really good char when i finish farming and shes lvl100 i'll make the vid from her^^)... inteds say at prot/fire/cold/weap... lol or garm cold light maybe prot for it...if ure not pure... so like 9:1 hybr or so... take garm anyways...prot if u feel urself not in safe...

regards: Red~

ps: playing since 2006 easter^^
Old 09/02/2009, 20:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranyjaguar View Post
for inteds raw phy def... lol... for streds... i still would say a fire cold... maybe fire light but all on the char...for me... i still vote for parry in str... XD just cuz i got a full parry-att rate char and its avesomely gooooooood xD using prot...have no fire or even cold...(yeah now i think u know what u think... no im not idiot its really good char when i finish farming and shes lvl100 i'll make the vid from her^^)... inteds say at prot/fire/cold/weap... lol or garm cold light maybe prot for it...if ure not pure... so like 9:1 hybr or so... take garm anyways...prot if u feel urself not in safe...

ps: playing since 2006 easter^^
Iam talking about INT BASED CHARS NOT STR BASED CHARS!!
Old 09/02/2009, 20:35   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldDj View Post
Iam talking about INT BASED CHARS NOT STR BASED CHARS!!
if u remember mr dj i started w inteds need raw def anyways... lul
theres another chance to get garm and cold light nuker for a bit more-less dmg with sword-spear skills and get less dmg w nukes+more parry near less phy def... its ur descision... lolz...

ps: i think i just explained another way of chars for streds also... theres no thinking about inteds cuz they dont have hp to absorb the more dmg... thats all... i still started w ur answer and followed my stuffs...
peace

edit: you not quited? or stay on tsro? lolz

edit2: theres no choice with eu chars so useless to speak bout inted eu chars... they cant get any of those only w a really good gear... and its missing everywhere...

edit3... i dunno what this guy under me speaks about... maybe mu? lol
Old 09/02/2009, 21:01   #9

if u r a tank, always gem def rating

wait..what?
oh sryy wrong thread
Old 09/03/2009, 02:16   #10

Well my build is a 7:1 Hybrid int spear and I gotta say I own people 1-2 lvls higher than me, and I have a 9 gap. Garm is the way to go I think cause the mp cut cost is a big help for usin snow. Regarding parry and raw defence though, Why not go for both? Go light and cold to get benefits of pure def, while getting some nice parry bonuses from light.Also, there ARE scrolls to increase parry ratio, but none to increase phys def, aside from item mall stuffs. So I think raw def is still a bigger deal gthan parry
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/03/2009, 04:52   #11

Received Thanks: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranyjaguar View Post
if u remember mr dj i started w inteds need raw def anyways... lul
theres another chance to get garm and cold light nuker for a bit more-less dmg with sword-spear skills and get less dmg w nukes+more parry near less phy def... its ur descision... lolz...

ps: i think i just explained another way of chars for streds also... theres no thinking about inteds cuz they dont have hp to absorb the more dmg... thats all... i still started w ur answer and followed my stuffs...
peace

edit: you not quited? or stay on tsro? lolz

edit2: theres no choice with eu chars so useless to speak bout inted eu chars... they cant get any of those only w a really good gear... and its missing everywhere...

edit3... i dunno what this guy under me speaks about... maybe mu? lol
little advise stfu..

ontopic: phy def better imo.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/03/2009, 08:05   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by demigod100 View Post
Well my build is a 7:1 Hybrid int spear and I gotta say I own people 1-2 lvls higher than me, and I have a 9 gap. Garm is the way to go I think cause the mp cut cost is a big help for usin snow. Regarding parry and raw defence though, Why not go for both? Go light and cold to get benefits of pure def, while getting some nice parry bonuses from light.Also, there ARE scrolls to increase parry ratio, but none to increase phys def, aside from item mall stuffs. So I think raw def is still a bigger deal gthan parry
Raw defence is ment to be for the magical defense AND physical defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranyjaguar
Wtf are you talking about? dude its helping me in my stuff for the light parry ratio buff/passive...wtf euro got to do...
Old 09/03/2009, 11:52   #13

[QUOTE=WorldDj;2938459]Raw defence is ment to be for the magical defense AND physical defense.

True, but still my point stands if you go fire/light with better mag def, then you go prot or armor to comepnsate (you also won't have snow). Go light/cold with garm or prot for more mag def.
You still can't but scrolls to increase def (mag or phys) ^_~
Old 09/03/2009, 22:28   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by demigod100 View Post
True, but still my point stands if you go fire/light with better mag def, then you go prot or armor to comepnsate (you also won't have snow). Go light/cold with garm or prot for more mag def.
You still can't but scrolls to increase def (mag or phys) ^_~
your reason is not enough for me to say parry ratio is beteer than raw defence
Old 09/05/2009, 11:55   #15

parry ratio sucks ***
even if u do -150 parry debuff on ur opponent u still hit the completely same ****
take raw def