Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 00:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

"I'll never play sro again"

Discussion on "I'll never play sro again" within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 122
"I'll never play sro again"

Come on lets hear your story's, I remember when i used to play back in 9D and I hated that the only way you could get on the same level as most of the other players was to bot and not really play the game at all, this made me hate the game but I don't know what it was but I could never truly let the game go and stick to my word that was I'll never play this game again. If you loved the game as I did but watch it fall into a dead game and the community of the game was pretty bad too. I'm not saying i was one of the guys who never botted on the game, but i guess i just followed the crowd in that game.

But i could never stay away from the game for more than a year aroud 10-11D i knew it was time for me to quit but I just couldn't.

So come on lets hear your storys people, and hopefully this will not start any conflict haha.
Old 08/11/2013, 18:16   #2

elite*gold: 261
Joymax banned my account for 100 years for buying a legend+7 item from consignment. The item came from a hacked GM account and joymax punish me for buying a normal legend+7 item for 10b cuz it´s easier than facing that their security system is bullshit.
Full Legend D13 +12 +7 +5 Devil S and everything you can have and also 80b+.
End of the story.
Old 08/11/2013, 18:39   #3

elite*gold: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooN View Post
Joymax banned my account for 100 years for buying a legend+7 item from consignment. The item came from a hacked GM account and joymax punish me for buying a normal legend+7 item for 10b cuz it´s easier than facing that their security system is bullshit.
Full Legend D13 +12 +7 +5 Devil S and everything you can have and also 80b+.
End of the story.
Well ****
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/11/2013, 23:52   #4

elite*gold: 0
Hey
I loved the game in the early days of Olympus server Opening.
Besides it was my first MMO i played, so i somehow have a special kind of good and sometimes painfully nostalgic feeling for this game. Sure there were some black sheeps as always, they are anywhere but All in All i liked the community and the international aspect of this game. I surely had my best Chattings and meetings in the Monsters area or even in town ever in this game.(Finding a nice location with someone who meant something to you just leaned back and chatted as there was no tomorrow)^^
The atmossphere was just overwhelming in these days.
All areas were populated and you could talk to one another cause there was no AFK grinding or not too much in the Beginning. You could help and were helped by kind people who also were really enjoying the game in its state(60-70 Cap).
And also the old Jobsystem was very exciting when your seemingly trustworthy hunter switched to thief at ferries or called his friends to thief or hunter you.
No barriers all was possible...
These hotspots like Dead Ravine, Ferries, Town entrances or the open field
made the game for me as good as it was.
This were the funny days there was no Fortress War and noone needed it.
The journey on the Silkroad carried itself through these "simple" mechanics and i liked it sooo much.
Oki the grinding factor was argueable needless to say^^ but till 60/70 it was not such a big thing also for handgrinding. Easily achieveable within some time when you possesed the Virtue called Patience!,were ambitious enough, had your helping friends in higher levels or just enough time to play.
Also this nuance was a big factor of the game working as it did back in time to hold you bound at the screen to experience and enjoy the game to the Fullest.
It was animated, got a spirit, it was alive.

I played tons of MMO´s after this but to be honest i never NEVER received this great feeling, to some extend, anytime again.

And No i too dont want to argue about Botter,bad game construction(Updates), greediness,scamming,hacking,bad attitude,Joymax politics or anything else. This is history.

I have my good SRO memories and they are MINE,which i experienced cause i was there, like the memories in the heads of those players who were there too and do remember.
This is how history is written, it was the best game in my life(till TaklaMakan opening)
and i will never forget the protagonists who made it happened...i´ll never forget YOU...

See you on the field
Anytime, Anywhere...
Eternally yours,
Justikar

Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/12/2013, 01:18   #5

elite*gold: 260
i'm not sure if joymax will ever bring the old sro system back. i played since the cap 60 and there was already a botter that time. only a few though, but GM's were very active and was able to ban them. what i really like most was the trading system. if there was low supply of gold, me & my guildmates will arrange for a trade run from DW to Jangan. as expected, thieves guild will always be on the look out. ohhhh, those were the days :-)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/12/2013, 10:50   #6

I stopped playing it at the 100 cap when I was lvl 98. Was the time when Roc was new and never got killed. Started playing it 3 days ago again Bought SBot and started botting like in the old times But the game changed! Things are really expensive and you nearly must buy gold to survive....
Old 08/12/2013, 12:18   #7

elite*gold: 48
We already have a thread for that here:
Old 08/12/2013, 15:38   #8

Received Thanks: 1,455
We already have a thread for that
post here your story
#Closed
Closed Thread