Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 22:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ban Illegal use of Torque Clientless Detected!

Discussion on Ban Illegal use of Torque Clientless Detected! within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 06/20/2009, 16:49   #16

elite*gold: 11

my ip chane every day ...
i will get ban from game ...or from agbot ... pls someone answer
Old 06/20/2009, 16:56   #17

elite*gold: 0
eh your char name?
Old 06/20/2009, 17:41   #18

elite*gold: 11
" Originally Posted by you know where this came from!
Please note, this is THE ONLY WARNING we will give for such an infraction.
Any further infraction, we will release a lot more information related to their account."

so this is a WARNING ..i hope
Old 06/20/2009, 18:01   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by costicla3 View Post
" Originally Posted by you know where this came from!
Please note, this is THE ONLY WARNING we will give for such an infraction.
Any further infraction, we will release a lot more information related to their account."

so this is a WARNING ..i hope
It is only a warning, as far as I know, the owner of rev6 isn't evil.
Even if you ip change, I would still watch out...
Old 06/20/2009, 18:37   #20

Received Thanks: 6,288
He told us, don't crack his bot, you break the ToS, now eat the consequences with chips.
If he want he can get ur account, so don't play with it XD
Old 06/20/2009, 18:53   #21

I dont get it guys i got banned from rev6 site and i never used clientless torque stuff. I been using agbot the whole time whats up with this? How i get rid of the ban list even though i didnt even use it?
Old 06/21/2009, 09:40   #22

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo8 View Post
I dont get it guys i got banned from rev6 site and i never used clientless torque stuff. I been using agbot the whole time whats up with this? How i get rid of the ban list even though i didnt even use it?
Contact Nedra through their irc chat or use their forum
Old 06/21/2009, 20:54   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo8 View Post

yes by me itz tha same i dont used arg since he said me u cant update
since i used srro king and think itz beter to i dont used torke only sro king and stelthex in one coputer toger with loader .. so i dont understand wy rev listed me
im thanks full to rev them gave there work 2 years long i stop usig it after.10 cose dont get .11 a week later now, im listet on /clientless thank u rev6 ur scaner do sometig wrong ......
i never ever uset multicliet but multi coputers and only one ruter.....
... so i dont understand wy u chetig me i respect ur work...

and thanks 4 taht time u gave me great job ,but wat u do now is false
i would not use u progy again .. cose u troten me.....
and all ppler them us arg shuld be think about thishow carefull u are with our
informations ..........
u lose my trust .........
Old 06/22/2009, 00:26   #24

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 3,751
Exclamation

I am very personally disappointed with Nedra for this move. I find it very unprofessional and quite scary if you are a legitimate user of their products. The constant hypocrisy that is being shown by Rev6 over the years is bothering me greatly.

Everyone is entitled to protect their products that they spend their own time working on. At 0x33, we made sure to protect ours. However, publicly posting that information under such a deceptive title is crossing the line. They make a page dedicated to banning characters that use illegal programs via "detection" yet they are marketing and selling such programs themselves. Come on. At 0x33, we were proud of our work and didn't try to hide it under the guise of "not being a bot site". We took pride in the trust our users placed in us for using our products and we never let them down once.

If anything, how can we even trust Rev6 anymore after a stunt like this? They are in a position where a lot of people use their products and their services and have become hooked on it. If by chance they decide to go "Anti-Bot" again, as they did in the past after Joymax broke their tools with the localhost port bind on 15779, what's to stop them from posting everyone's information? If you don't remember that ordeal, .

The link to the characters has been taken down for now it seems, which in my opinion is a smart move, but it is too late. Rather than throwing a fit because someone figured out how to crack his program, Nedra should have just done what everyone else in Silkroad history has done, and that's to update your program to fix the problem. That's what we did with Softmod and we didn't post a single character name or account of anyone that was "leaking", "using cracked copies", or anything else along those lines.

I don't have anything against Nedra, but I would strongly urge him to tread softly when it comes to issues like these. If he wants my confidence ever again, then this is what Rev6 would need to do:

1. Clearly mark character names that are using "cracked copies" of their products rather than deceptively labeling them as their competitors product being detected. Furthermore, if you plan to do such a thing in the future, you should make it crystal clear to users if they are caught their character names are going to be posted on the site for all to see.

2. Personally assure on your own word that you do not store account user names and passwords in an encrypted format that could be compromised or released. Instead, a one way hash should be used that can never be decrypted with current technology today. No single pass MD5 either, double pass MD5 to break rainbow tables.

3. Stop getting so darn worked up over things you already know people are going to do. Fix the problem, ban the users that do it, and move on. There is no need to make a big public deal about those things. As you can see, it just hurts you more than it helps you by raising doubt of your intentions. If you were able to sell the clientless for 6 months without having this happen, the congrats. You had 6 months to plan for this day. No way SM made it that long before getting leaked when it first started (when I was just a new member in 2006)

Anyways, those are my thoughts on this issue. I don't expect anything to change and I know they could care less what I think, but this needs to be said now.

Regards,
Drew "pushedx" Benton
Old 06/22/2009, 00:29   #25

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedx View Post
I am very personally disappointed with Nedra for this move. I find it very unprofessional and quite scary if you are a legitimate user of their products. The constant hypocrisy that is being shown by Rev6 over the years is bothering me greatly.

Everyone is entitled to protect their products that they spend their own time working on. At 0x33, we made sure to protect ours. However, publicly posting that information under such a deceptive title is crossing the line. They make a page dedicated to banning characters that use illegal programs via "detection" yet they are marketing and selling such programs themselves. Come on. At 0x33, we were proud of our work and didn't try to hide it under the guise of "not being a bot site". We took pride in the trust our users placed in us for using our products and we never let them down once.

If anything, how can we even trust Rev6 anymore after a stunt like this? They are in a position where a lot of people use their products and their services and have become hooked on it. If by chance they decide to go "Anti-Bot" again, as they did in the past after Joymax broke their tools with the localhost port bind on 15779, what's to stop them from posting everyone's information? If you don't remember that ordeal, .

The link to the characters has been taken down for now it seems, which in my opinion is a smart move, but it is too late. Rather than throwing a fit because someone figured out how to crack his program, Nedra should have just done what everyone else in Silkroad history has done, and that's to update your program to fix the problem. That's what we did with Softmod and we didn't post a single character name or account of anyone that was "leaking", "using cracked copies", or anything else along those lines.

I don't have anything against Nedra, but I would strongly urge him to tread softly when it comes to issues like these. If he wants my confidence ever again, then this is what Rev6 would need to do:

1. Clearly mark character names that are using "cracked copies" of their products rather than deceptively labeling them as their competitors product being detected. Furthermore, if you plan to do such a thing in the future, you should make it crystal clear to users if they are caught their character names are going to be posted on the site for all to see.

2. Personally assure on your own word that you do not store account user names and passwords in an encrypted format that could be compromised or released. Instead, a one way hash should be used that can never be decrypted with current technology today. No single pass MD5 either, double pass MD5 to break rainbow tables.

3. Stop getting so darn worked up over things you already know people are going to do. Fix the problem, ban the users that do it, and move on. There is no need to make a big public deal about those things. As you can see, it just hurts you more than it helps you by raising doubt of your intentions. If you were able to sell the clientless for 6 months without having this happen, the congrats. You had 6 months to plan for this day. No way SM made it that long before getting leaked when it first started (when I was just a new member in 2006)

Anyways, those are my thoughts on this issue. I don't expect anything to change and I know they could care less what I think, but this needs to be said now.

Regards,
Drew "pushedx" Benton
LoL.
Are you kidding me ?
You're never Drew Benton.
Not the Drew Benton from 0x33.org... never!
It cant be.
Old 06/22/2009, 20:00   #26

i can guarantee that pushedx = drew.

drew created edxLabs, renamed himself pushedx, and just recently completed his networking
system framework.
Old 06/22/2009, 21:39   #27

WOW what a story =]