Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 09:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server Names, What do they mean?

Discussion on Server Names, What do they mean? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,360
Server Names, What do they mean?

Well im bored and somebody gived me the idea about makings this thread. I will give information about the server names and where they got it from. Hope you enjoy it ^^

Ares:

Ares is a greek God and is the son of Hera and Zues. Also known as the olympic god of warfare. More known as the god of slaugthering and bloodlust

Phoenix

A phoenix is a mythical bird with a tail of beautiful gold and red plumage. It has a 600-800 year life cycle and at the end of its life the phoenix builds itself a nest of that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again

Eos
Eos is the greek goddes of the dawn. Who lifes at her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world.

Gaia
Gaia is the greek goddes of the earth. Also known as the mother of all gods

Hera

They first thought she was the goddes of the nature. But she means air, atmosphere and fertility

Neptune

Neptune is the eighth and farthest from the sun in our solar system. It is the fourth largest planet by diameter, and the third largest by mass. Neptune is 17 times the mass of Earth and is slightly more massive than its near-twin Uranus.

Pluto
Pluto is the second largest dwarf planet in our solar system.

Uranus

Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun and the third-largest and fourth most massive planet in the solar system

Venus
Venus is the second-closest planet to the Sun. One year has 224.7 earth days

Saturn

Saturn is is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second largest planet in the Solar System, after Jupiter. Saturn, along with Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune, is classified as a gas giant. Together, these four planets are als known to as the Jovian planets.

Mars

is the fourth planet from the Sun in the Solar System. The planet is named after Mars, the Roman god of war. It is also referred to as the "Red Planet" because of its reddish appearance. This reddish appearance is due to iron oxide.

Mercury
Mercury is the smallest planet. Its the closest to the sun. Mercury is also a Roman God of od of trade, profit and commerce.

Odin
Odin is a Norse God. He is the chief god of the norse mythology

Hercules
Hercules is a divine hero, the son of zeus and alcmene. He was the greatest of the Greek heroes

Poseidon
Poseidon is the Greek god of the sea and of the earthquakes

Zues

Zeus is in Greek mythology the king of the gods, the ruler of Mount Olympus and the god of the sky and thunder. His symbols are the thunderbolt, eagle, bull, and oak.

Persia
The Persian Empire was a series of successive Iranian or Iraniate empires that ruled over the Iranian plateau, the original Persian homeland, and beyond in Western Asia, South Asia, Central Asia and the Caucasus.

Alexander
Alexander also known as Alexander the great was an ancient Greek king. He was one of the most successful military commanders of all time and is presumed undefeated in battle. By the time of his death, he had conquered most of the world known to the ancient Greeks.

Pacific
The Pacific Ocean is the largest of the Earth's oceanic divisions. It extends from the Arctic in the north to Antarctica in the south, bounded by Asia and Australia in the west and the Americas in the east. At 169.2 million square kilometres

Eldorado
El Dorado (Spanish for "the golden one") is a legend that began with the story of a South American tribal chief who covered himself with gold dust and would dive into a lake of pure mountain water. El Dorado is the golden city

Sparta
Sparta is a city in Greece. You would probaly know it from the movie 300. all free Spartan males were full-time soldiers, unskilled labour was performed by a large group off slaves

Rome

Rome is the capital City of Italy. It was the central city during the roman empire. Rome's history as a city spans over two and a half thousand years. Its one of the founding cities of Western Civilization.

RedSea

The Red Sea is a salt water inlet of the Indian Ocean between Africa and Asia

Babel
The Tower of Babel was an enormous tower intended as the crowning achievement of the city of Babilu, the Akkadian name for Babylon. Babel was a city that united humanity, all speaking a single language.

Tibet

Tibet Is a plateau region in Central Asia and the home of the Tibetan people. With an average height of 4,900 metres (16,000 ft), it is the highest country on Earth and is also known as the "Roof of the World."

Olympus

Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece at 2,919 metres high. In Greek mythology the mountain is known as the "home of the gods"

Alps
Alps is the name for one of the great mountain place of Europe, stretching from Austria and Slovenia in the east; through Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Germany; to France in the west.

Greece
Greece lies in the corner of Europe close to Asia and Africa. Greece is well known about the ancient Greek gods

Venice
Venice is a city in northern Italy, the capital of the region Veneto. It exist out of 118 small islands along the adriatic sea

Oasis

Tried to find information but I only found information about a rock band.. Will ad it when I find something

Athens
Athene is the capital city of Greece. Athen has been inhabited for 4500 years

Troy

Troy is a legendary city and center of the Trojan War, Its well known from the Trojan horse. Today it is the name of an archaeological site, the traditional location of Homeric Troy

Aege
Couldnt find information -,-. Maybe some1 knows what it is?

Xian

Xian is the capital of the Shaanxi province in the republic of China. Its one of the oldest cities in Chinese history. The city has more than 3,100 years of history. It was also Called Xijing 西京

Thats about it. Im still trying to get info about Oasis and Aege, maybe some1 knows something about it?

Hope you learned from it ^^

-strukel
Thanks
8 Users
Old 12/10/2008, 00:37   #2

elite*gold: 0
Nice one lol ^^
Old 12/10/2008, 09:05   #3

isnt oasis the the spot of water and green herbs u ussualy find in the desert?

mostly being hallucinations.

and i think Aege is a Sea just belonging to Greece country. (Aegean Sea)

hope i helped. xD
Old 12/10/2008, 09:09   #4

Yeah it could be but Aege we have no clue. Nice one strukel we all know something about the servers we play.
Old 12/10/2008, 10:32   #5

Strukel, you should get out more :P good job mate
Old 12/10/2008, 11:18   #6

Um.. Neptune, Poseiden.. LOL, isnt this just the same guys.. Poseidon, the greeks call him this. Neptune, the rome call him this..

Btw, oasis could have something to do with niya's oasis, which also located on the Silk Route.

Tarim Basin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Idk about aege.. Sorry
Old 12/10/2008, 14:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zariq1 View Post
Um.. Neptune, Poseiden.. LOL, isnt this just the same guys.. Poseidon, the greeks call him this. Neptune, the rome call him this..

Btw, oasis could have something to do with niya's oasis, which also located on the Silk Route.

Tarim Basin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Idk about aege.. Sorry
Ya I know its the same ***. But its also a planet. And thanks for the info. Maybe Ill do some research about the silkroad area's when im bored again ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesuk View Post
Strukel, you should get out more :P good job mate
I know but I was bored
Old 12/10/2008, 16:34   #8

Really nice ^^
Old 12/11/2008, 19:02   #9

Im not so sure about few server names. few are a planet and a ***. Like Saturn and Neptune - Uranus.
Old 12/11/2008, 19:05   #10

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
I´m pretty sure that with that the roman gods are meant since they also took the greek ones...
Old 12/11/2008, 22:15   #11

I searched Aege, and it said something like, Power of lighting that forfulls us all, not sure if its right but its sounds something silkroad would choose.:P

I searched Oasis and its what mazoku said.
Old 12/11/2008, 22:33   #12

That are all hidden places on the Silkroad for hiding goods from asians
offtopic:
strukel get your avatar christmas like, like the others have
Old 12/11/2008, 22:57   #13

There are two stories for Aege aka Aega
Aega is the daughter of Melisseus, king of Crete, and was chosen to suckle the infant Zeus but as she was found unable to do it, the service was performed by the goat Amalthea.

Aega was a daughter of Helios and of such dazzling brightness, that the Titans in their attack upon Olympus became frightened and requested their mother Gaea to conceal her in the earth. She was accordingly confined in a cave in Crete, where she became the nurse of Zeus. In the fight with the Titans Zeus was commanded by an oracle to cover himself with her skin (the aegis).
Old 12/11/2008, 23:27   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyroN1337 View Post
That are all hidden places on the Silkroad for hiding goods from asians
offtopic:
strukel get your avatar christmas like, like the others have
Offtopic;

Strukkel is the black sheep of the ''Moderator-Team'', he doesn't deserve a nice xMass hat!

Grapje toch?!
Old 12/11/2008, 23:33   #15

im not sure but in the game theres the oasis kingdom
Maybe oasis is just named after that