Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 23:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Anti-Bot system got you worried? Don't be!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New Anti-Bot system got you worried? Don't be!

As many of you know, or will soon find out, there is a new type of anti-bot system that is currently being integrated in to Silkroad, it consists of mobs that are lvl 140, and in the unlikely event that you do kill one you will only get 1 exp. The mobs in the middle of the structure that look like statues will KILL YOU if you go near them. I have personally tested a couple of things on these mobs:

- They will kill your pet, so do not summon them to attack them.
- They do roughly 100,000 damage to any player, animal.
- You can attack them without being attacked, so long as you are not close to them.
- The outside mobs that hover will not attack you.
- The statues (consisting of 2) are the mobs that attack.
- GM'S spawn them randomly, but usually near city entrances along paths most commonly used by bots.
- This I cannot confirm or deny, but a guild member of mine says he died twice and it made him drop his SOM staff, he was pretty pissed so I believe him. So they may or may not make you lose your weapon.

So what can we do to avoid being killed/detected by a GM while still botting?

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND remaking your walkscripts that mainly consist OFF THE PATHS in game. This means, create your walkscript away from open paths where the Statues will most likely be spawned by the GM'S. It is completely random in all cities, but mostly where you see goldbots the most (along there normal paths.) So make your walkscript on the grass or AWAY FROM COMMONLY used paths! This alone should be a good measure to keep you from being noticed or killed repeatedly. And frequently check on your bot(s), this is also good safety practice. Keep your bot confined to a smaller area to attack than what you usually use, this will also minimize risk.

GM's are not stupid, they see bots in town, the ones they are worried about the most are the ones that stand exactly on top of each other when going to NPC's, this is a dead give away that they are bots, so the GM keep an eye on their habits, and spawn these new mobs right outside the cities on their path of travel in order to prevent them from taking over the servers, unfortunately bots that have scripts built in are prone to this. Which is why ibot is good, because you MAKE your own walkscript

Most important thing to do would be to set an alert on your bot to make a sound when you die, if you notice a pattern that occurs more than once within 5 mins, most likely the GM has spawned those mother fckers in your way Just work around them if need be.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/21/2010, 00:22   #2

Sad gm's dont have brains.. Just stand in town and use the banhammer on the goldbots..

Old 02/18/2012, 10:45   #3

good day sir... can i ask for your help on how to bot in old-schoolro... hoping for your help thank you in advance... here's my email
Old 02/22/2012, 09:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew0rm1 View Post
good day sir... can i ask for your help on how to bot in old-schoolro... hoping for your help thank you in advance... here's my email
Did you seen the dmned day of cration of the post ?
08-21-2010, 00:18

Old 09/26/2012, 18:10   #5

thx bro

« Sro Ibot Scripts and Guides. | [GUIDE] Advanced Elixir Facts »