Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 22:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Srevolution [Arcane updates] Downloads Guides And More [REV:13]

Discussion on Srevolution [Arcane updates] Downloads Guides And More [REV:13] within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 10/17/2013, 17:25   #3406

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxemuman View Post
@lesderid
You are wrong, i understand your fascination on SQL but you can still make things without it..
Of course you can, but there's no reason not to use SQL here. Do you honestly think all professional (game) servers are doing it wrong by using SQL and you're doing it right by using your own data format? I honestly doubt it.

By the way, please prove that your emulator is 'better' than Zelos. I would be pretty interested in your arguments.
Old 10/17/2013, 18:48   #3407

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
By the way, please prove that your emulator is 'better' than Zelos. I would be pretty interested in your arguments.
Prove that Zelos is better, pax emulator is the best one for now...
Old 10/17/2013, 19:23   #3408

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitek123 View Post
No, I won't. I didn't develop Zelos, I'm just interested in why Pax argues his emulator is better.
Old 10/21/2013, 07:46   #3409

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Yes.

I dont feel like i am losing anything, i just show my point of wiev.
Btw Zelos files are released and everyone can see how ****** this project was.

@leserid
You are wrong, i understand your fascination on SQL but you can still make things without it..
do you even look at your own source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitek123 View Post
It's not because you don't know how to set it up that it is bad, zelos was released as an open source project so it could get better, also notice how old it is, and yet pax isn't able to create something equal in all these years

Either way, if you don't use any decent arguments, this discussion is quite pointless
Old 10/21/2013, 09:06   #3410

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Why everyone's arguing about "emulator" when figuratively every single original server files are leaked. (not released) from vsro 188 to 241 (yeah, 241 with mixizi, he was able to get the original ip), csro-r (corrupted files but still, leaked), jsro, swsro, zszc(yet its not original but it was a mark), old ksro and so on.. When Xsense @2011 saw the release that chernobyl did, he stopped developing his emulator.. till 2012, came even better and really close to the original..

There's no need to code an emulator when you have something original.. Emulator means a replacement of server files to RUN your own private server.
Old 10/21/2013, 21:30   #3411

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Why everyone's arguing about "emulator" when figuratively every single original server files are leaked. (not released) from vsro 188 to 241 (yeah, 241 with mixizi, he was able to get the original ip), csro-r (corrupted files but still, leaked), jsro, swsro, zszc(yet its not original but it was a mark), old ksro and so on.. When Xsense @2011 saw the release that chernobyl did, he stopped developing his emulator.. till 2012, came even better and really close to the original..

There's no need to code an emulator when you have something original.. Emulator means a replacement of server files to RUN your own private server.
a decent emulator goes much further than the server files
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/22/2013, 05:42   #3412

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
a decent emulator goes much further than the server files
Without any doubt your words are totally right.. but you need to get someone knows how emulator works. Like Chernobyl, he's almost done of his mu online's emulator.. He was able to create such system like reading the stored proc without any modification in the gameserver itself.. Get me any sro emulator with this feature.

PS: ^ is totally much easier than developing the emu from its build. because sometimes SQL is much easier than (c#/c++)
Old 10/22/2013, 18:50   #3413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Without any doubt your words are totally right.. but you need to get someone knows how emulator works. Like Chernobyl, he's almost done of his mu online's emulator.. He was able to create such system like reading the stored proc without any modification in the gameserver itself.. Get me any sro emulator with this feature.

PS: ^ is totally much easier than developing the emu from its build. because sometimes SQL is much easier than (c#/c++)
Those are some serious statements you make. There are a ton of ways to create an emulator with a lot of different design patterns and stuff. Just because stored procedures worked well in an emulator doesn't mean it'll always work well. It's the choice the developer has to make. Think of speed, performance, stability.

Your statement about SQL begin easier than C#/C++ is entirely related to the person developling the emulator. If you use C# I'd rather use LINQ or Lambda expressions instead of calling a stored procedure. But those are all opinions.

The sro emulators mostly lacked a decent architecture and a proper design to actually make it something good. A few years back when I messed around with that stuff it was pure trash. The code wasn't maintainable and there was no way it could become something good.

The srevolution code for example, sure it has packets and some logic separated but it's mostly a giant mess with just too many problems.

Sadly the day of a good SRO 1 emulator will never come best we have is the Zelios code which is actually quite decent.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/23/2013, 00:41   #3414

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_owner View Post
Sadly the day of a good SRO 1 emulator will never come best we have is the Zelios code which is actually quite decent.
There are some very impressing *unknown* stuff around since long, just hoping it will be developed further in the future.
Dev lost intrest

I havent seen anyone mention "Grindroad" by ufonose btw (Or was it named Swift?), didnt that emulator get further than Zelios & SEA?
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/23/2013, 03:04   #3415

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaGsTeR? View Post
There are some very impressing *unknown* stuff around since long, just hoping it will be developed further in the future.
Dev lost intrest

I havent seen anyone mention "Grindroad" by ufonose btw (Or was it named Swift?), didnt that emulator get further than Zelios & SEA?
It goes futher than Zelos/srevolution/SEA/sremu , still far behind from succesor of SEA(SSE). But still ufonose had best developed sro emulator in C++ which really worked.
Old 10/23/2013, 12:55   #3416

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaGsTeR? View Post
Dev lost intrest

You're right I totally forgot about that one. It totally should be mentioned as one of the succesful emulator projects. Although it had quite some bugs it was playable. However we don't know how good it actually was code wise. For all we know the code could have been a house of cards.

@paxemuman You can't say that SSE is better. They both obviously have their pros and cons. Mabye grindroad had a lot of tools to control the gameworld, we don't know. If it does it would be easier to maintain. On the other side mabye your SSE is more stable/has more feature. There are too many unknown variables to call one of the two better.
Old 10/25/2013, 21:36   #3417

Quote:
It goes futher than Zelos/srevolution/SEA/sremu , still far behind from succesor of SEA(SSE). But still ufonose had best developed sro emulator in C++ which really worked.
Are you being serious? I *very* much doubt SSE comes even close to GrindRoad.
Old 10/26/2013, 19:51   #3418

Quote:
Lol pax ur works shocking anyone who actually buys your work needs a bullet in there head. You have achieved nothing in all these years compared to what was out already and now we can see there files we notice how shocking yours really are. Srevo/Sremu/Grindroad etc etc all beat SSE hands down
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/12/2013, 18:28   #3419

nice !