Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 04:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Questions [for smart people ^^]

Discussion on Questions [for smart people ^^] within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Questions [for smart people ^^]

Currently, I have 5 bot on and I can use them without lag or barely little lag but the 6 bot is my max. So I run 6th bot during sleeping time only. I am using my laptop…
I don’t really know what is in it so far because I am not home at the moment but it is Asus ^^ 4gb
My first question is:
1) Can laptop run 24 /7? I turn off occasionally like 3 days once or 4 days for like 20 min to 1 hour.
Can I just restart or I need to let it cool down? Any advise on taking care of my laptop and to bot max hours ?
2) I am planning to build a computer myself.. ( going to do research and .. ya)
Any suggestions? I want to run about 8 bot at a time without lag… What matter the most? Graphic card? Or processor? Or else? What if I always hide my bots ? will graphic effect the computer process..><

I am really noob at this please help
* using sroking
Old 12/03/2010, 17:31   #2

running more clients is all about ram , the more ram you get the more clients you can run so focus on that ( 6 gb or more should be enough to run 8 clients smoothly , i run 8 with my 4 gb but it lags alot )

as for letting your laptop rest i would say yes , it can stay running 24/7 but in the long run it wont last long so try to rest it 1-2 hours a day =)
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2010, 17:32   #3

1. ofc they can. if the fan stops workin(rarely happens, normally only after some years) they laptop would just shut down

2.hm. at sro Processor and RAM more(especially ram cause sro uses much), but if u wanna play other game u need a good Graphic card too ofc. and it only helps a little if you hide ur bots. reduces the cpu usage

but i wouldnt buy much RAM only cause of sro. u can use bots with clientless
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2010, 17:52   #4

Thank thanks ~
as i said i am computer noob...
Ram is deteremined by the processor right?
You ran 8 bots with 4 gb?
my laptop is 4 gb too but it can barely start 7th bot...

So it is all about the processor ( ram?)
what exactly does clientless mean.... just 1 bot running..?
Old 12/03/2010, 17:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbountyhunterxx View Post
So it is all about the processor ( ram?)
what exactly does clientless mean.... just 1 bot running..?
RAM means "Random Access Memory" and has not much to do with the CPU

clientless means runnin sro without the client
so no sro_client is running. just the bot
atm only phbot(4$/month) and ibot(free) support that
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2010, 17:59   #6

clientless is a feature where your run sro with just a connection no client so it uses very little memory , currently only phbot/ibot have that feature.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/03/2010, 18:13   #7

really? should i switch sroking to phbot? i like sroking so far.. any suggestion on phbot? like pros and cons thx
Old 12/03/2010, 18:16   #8

where is question for dumb people?
Old 12/03/2010, 18:21   #9

Quote:
really? should i switch sroking to phbot? i like sroking so far.. any suggestion on phbot? like pros and cons thx
for sure phbot is better than sroking , clientless is a really great option + attack speed + pt buffing ...etc , only bad thing about phbot is that it gets bugged quite often but as i recall so does sroking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 860021200 View Post
very useful post u got there
Old 12/03/2010, 18:28   #10

Quote:
u can take phbot or ibot
if u want a free bot take ibot. im usin it(or did till one month ago) since far more than a year and its rly good

phobt is good too

Quote:

wasnt rly usefull
Old 12/03/2010, 22:03   #11

Quote:
sure a question for you

How old are you?

what too hard? hmm fine easier question

where is your mommy?

Cant find it?.... dont cry
Old 12/03/2010, 22:15   #12

lol
i have 1,5gb ram and i can start like 10 bots without lagg (no more chars xD) so what appened by u?
Old 12/03/2010, 22:52   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroficker View Post
lol
i have 1,5gb ram and i can start like 10 bots without lagg (no more chars xD) so what appened by u?
10 clients with 1.5 gb? sry that i dont believe that , unless they are clientless then its not possible
Old 12/04/2010, 04:05   #14

elite*gold: 20
Not reading all post. only 1st =D

Kay so first things first. Don't ever, and I really mean ever run 24/7 accounts on your Laptop, unless you want to throw it away real quick. A friend of mine did it for like 1~2months, and it ****** up his Laptop pretty bad. Want do 24/7? Get a desktop.

Building your own pc isn't that expensive, you just need to know what to buy.
The PC I'm on now for example can run 4 Clients smoothly. Has a 4 Gig ram, quad core processor I beleave, and 2 Terra HD. No Graphic card what so ever.

My own pc runs up to 12 clients, 4 gig ram, 3.4 processor, 1 Terra HD, and a sexy Graphic card which is to cool for your eyes to be seen ( No seriously, I've spend a lot of money on that sucker, think 200 Euro plus. )

Clientless both pc's car handle as much as I want really, max I've logged in are 25 accounts at the same time.

Anyway, since you want to run 8 Clients, you'll need a decent motherboard, 4Gig DDR3 atleast, 3.2+ Processor, and an okay graphic card. Shouldn't cost you more that 350 Euro...
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/04/2010, 09:33   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlite View Post
Kay so first things first. Don't ever, and I really mean ever run 24/7 accounts on your Laptop, unless you want to throw it away real quick. A friend of mine did it for like 1~2months, and it ****** up his Laptop pretty bad. Want do 24/7? Get a desktop.
ofc a laptop can run 24/7.
guess what mine is doin. if u have a good laptop nothin will happen. if u have a cheap one or from a bad company(in my eyes acer (e.g))
Quote:
( No seriously, I've spend a lot of money on that sucker, think 200 Euro plus. )
thats not expensive