Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 13:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

warlock/cleric OR warrior/cleric?

Discussion on warlock/cleric OR warrior/cleric? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
warlock/cleric OR warrior/cleric?

hey guys, i'm in a dilemma between which char should i create.

i want a char that doesn't lvl very slow and can do well in pvp and most importantly, not dieing when meet pt or giant mobs.

consider my char is already FF, which one will have a higher chance of lvl fast and still can win in pvp?
Old 10/31/2010, 09:45   #2

elite*gold: 20
Warlock is able to level pretty fast by hand.. Botting is decent aswell, 2 hit kills ( Full int ) on your own level, if not higher. Chance of dieing is always there ofcourse at Giants/Pt mob spawn, but overall you should do fine on those too using Healing cycle.
If you make this build just don't be one of those fail locks, that use AoE DoT's and Curses in PvP >.<

Overall Warlock/Cleric is a 10/10 build for me.
Old 11/01/2010, 02:43   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlite View Post
Warlock is able to level pretty fast by hand.. Botting is decent aswell, 2 hit kills ( Full int ) on your own level, if not higher. Chance of dieing is always there ofcourse at Giants/Pt mob spawn, but overall you should do fine on those too using Healing cycle.
If you make this build just don't be one of those fail locks, that use AoE DoT's and Curses in PvP >.<

Overall Warlock/Cleric is a 10/10 build for me.
I don't get it , what's wrong with that ?

EDIT: i got it you mean the ones that cast slower but act on multi targets yeah thats pretty stupid.
Old 11/01/2010, 03:10   #4

Curses are the most important parts about being a warlock
Old 11/01/2010, 04:40   #5

Decayed, Curse Breath are the only dots warlocks should use, in PvP thats it.
Old 11/01/2010, 15:14   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kqy View Post
I don't get it , what's wrong with that ?

EDIT: i got it you mean the ones that cast slower but act on multi targets yeah thats pretty stupid.
stupid and annoying since you also atack the people arround you that is not against you.
Old 11/02/2010, 00:19   #7

I'd go with Warrior/Cleric if you plan on botting a lot. If you plan on doing a lot of handgrinding I'd do Warlock/cleric.

Warlock is a pretty special class in SRO. If you're good at it, you can take down mobs that not even a tank would be able too, and that's why they're maybe not really good for botting. Dot, run, dot, run, rinse and repeat. Actually a nice change of pace compared to all other classes. This is the only class I've ever had fun leveling. Although I do prefer Warrior/cleric in PvP.
Old 11/02/2010, 07:35   #8

hm...but i heard botting with warlock is good too

btw, i still dont get it , why cant i use dots curses and aose in pvp? lol
Old 11/02/2010, 10:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by __Karin__ View Post
stupid and annoying since you also atack the people arround you that is not against you.
Exactly , but it becomes very handy in party and sometimes in jobwar (if the enemies don't have Holly spell on -.-)

Edit: @Up : the AoE dots and curses are slow to cast , and simultaneously attack 3 targets which is very anoying at pvp. (but i guess this last one is not an issue since not only the warlock have this problem , wizards too , nukers ... every ranged skill)
Old 11/02/2010, 10:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellybubu View Post
hm...but i heard botting with warlock is good too

btw, i still dont get it , why cant i use dots curses and aose in pvp? lol
I never said you can't use them, just dont use the AoE ( Area of Effect, those that hit more players ) beacause their slow, consume way more MP, and are realy anoying for people around.