Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 23:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Problem with the Silkroad Launcher

Discussion on Problem with the Silkroad Launcher within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Heya i have a Problem with the Launer... I Downloaded the game and the updates , but if i try to start this game it will not open ehm well its better to say it closes in an instant. I cant do anything. I tried some Methods that were Postet in other Forums but cant get it to work...

Any tips? ;_;

Thanks.
Old 08/14/2006, 07:04   #2

Reinstal game close firewall and update it 0_o
Old 08/14/2006, 11:53   #3

ehm a few months ago there were a similar problem with the client. In this case i edited my host-file and then it worked for me. If u updated the client just try the following steps:

- open the folder windows/system32/drivers/etc
- open the file "host" with the notepad
- add the line "222.111.150.111 gwgt1.joymax.com" and save
- try to connect now, if this still dont work, delete this line after trying (or u cant login anymore in the future)

if this dont work u should look for ur firewal-settings/ports, else try to format ur pc D
Old 08/14/2006, 12:43   #4

not working
Old 08/14/2006, 12:51   #5

no errors? I dont know but it can help when remove Zone Labs (when in use)
Old 08/14/2006, 12:55   #6

zone labs? omg... after installing that **** all my progs/games went down... >_>"
dont forget do delete the line in the host-file, this can cause more problems
but in more detail: what doesnt open, the client were u can login into the game or do u cant get to the login screen?
Old 08/14/2006, 13:16   #7

i tried it with the host file dont work for me , the Client ^^ i cant see the Login screen. The Client opens for maybe 1 sec well u cant see it only if u open the Task Manager you see it but like i said it is only for 1 sec i cant do anyting. I will try it now to deinstall then close the Firewall and ZoneAlarm :> .

Well well ... dont work :/ to bad . I played this game a half year ago ... hm i cant change the hosts File .. tried this too . If i try it says there is no File on this path something like that ^^ seemes my windows is a bit messed up :P but dont want to format. well thanks for the Help it was a try.