Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Silkroad Online > SRO Main - Discussions / Questions > SRO Ask the Experts
You last visited: Today at 12:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Pure Str Blader lvl 100 bich/fire 100, cold 60, light 40

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Pure Str Blader lvl 100 bich/fire 100, cold 60, light 40

I needa little help here placing my masteries. Since i looked at both lightning and ice. Normally i would go 100 lightning aswell, because thats what i always have done. but now when i think about it, it would maybe be smarter with ice 60 and lightning 40.
Heres my argument:
Yes, i will loose magical damage boost for about 8%.
Yes, i will loose moving speed.
Yes, i will loose abit parry ratio.
So heres the thing.
Since im a pure str blader, i dont have that much to do with a magical attack boost. you can argue against that, but in the end, this magical boost, wont make a big difference.
I can recover speed with a typhoon drug
I can recover parry ratio with a parry ratio scroll.

Since there is no further moving speed increase from lvl 90-100 i really se it as a waste of mastery points. and the magical power will not increase either(and it still dont have a big effect).
With cold at 60 i will be able to get 88 more physical defence, and now i will hear you guys telling me, "you are a pure str, you have enough defence".. Hmm yes i do, but if i shall compare it to anything i can almost get another lvl 98 hand in physical defence. This will make a hugh diference. Meanwhile i will be able to have 40% mana shield.

So my question is:
would it be stupid to go for 60 cold and 40 lightning?
or how do you think the masteries should be at?

Thx in advance!

Old 07/21/2009, 08:39   #2

elite*gold: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stab View Post
I needa little help here placing my masteries. Since i looked at both lightning and ice. Normally i would go 100 lightning aswell, because thats what i always have done. but now when i think about it, it would maybe be smarter with ice 60 and lightning 40.
Heres my argument:
Yes, i will loose magical damage boost for about 8%.
Yes, i will loose moving speed.
Yes, i will loose abit parry ratio.
So heres the thing.
Since im a pure str blader, i dont have that much to do with a magical attack boost. you can argue against that, but in the end, this magical boost, wont make a big difference.
I can recover speed with a typhoon drug
I can recover parry ratio with a parry ratio scroll.

Since there is no further moving speed increase from lvl 90-100 i really se it as a waste of mastery points. and the magical power will not increase either(and it still dont have a big effect).
With cold at 60 i will be able to get 88 more physical defence, and now i will hear you guys telling me, "you are a pure str, you have enough defence".. Hmm yes i do, but if i shall compare it to anything i can almost get another lvl 98 hand in physical defence. This will make a hugh diference. Meanwhile i will be able to have 40% mana shield.

So my question is:
would it be stupid to go for 60 cold and 40 lightning?
or how do you think the masteries should be at?

Thx in advance!
it wont certainly be stupid... yet i wouldnt go for it.. yes it might give u 88 more physical defense.. but so what? ur not just a strength character.. ur a freaking blader, ur a tanker.. so no u dont need cold at all.. keep it at 20.. snow might be useful when ur in a war, or jobs and u r tanking more than 1 player.. and get light 80, simple as it is... but its just my opinion, i think u need more parry than u think u do... strength isnt bladers problem believe me.. ALSO, yes magical increase doesnt make a big difference, but it gives u a little more damage, which bladers obviously need.. again, its just my opinion, hope it helps ya. =)

Old 07/21/2009, 09:53   #3

Cold is more for nukers......

Dont forger you will only have 2 masteries at 150 cap.....
for you i would bet that they would be fire and blade ^^

My opinion would be to go for Light 80 and cold 20, as a 20% mana sheild should be good enough and you would have parry, little extra mag dmg and speed.

So then during the 110 cap you will lose another 20 lvls of some mastery ^^
will be either cold of lightning ^^

GL
Old 07/21/2009, 10:03   #4

yup i am going with cocacola since u wount need more then 20% mana shield and the 88 phy def wount help u as much as u do think

« upgrade crossbow | Help please »