Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

failed to initialize netengine error

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
failed to initialize netengine error

Using cross over.. on both of my macs I keep getting "failed to initialize netengine error code(5 127)"

I downloaded sro-r, direct x it all works until I try to start Silkroad Client. Wont let me update to press start any suggestions? Tried all over google found nothing even remotely helpful.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,565
1) Make sure that your computer meets the recommended requirements for Silkroad (Pentium 4 or higher, 512MB RAM, 3D and DirectX 9.0b compatible video card, and 3GB of free HDD space) and that you have the necessary drivers for your graphics card.
2) Follow the instructions at to add the wine repository, then follow the directions to use Synaptic or Terminal to download and install the package.
3) Run "winecfg" in terminal (without the quotes) and set compatibility to Windows 98.
4) Download the Silkroad client and unzip it if you need to. Then run "wine executable.exe" (without quotes and replace executable.exe with the silkroad installer exe)
5) Run the client either from Applications>Wine>Programs>Joymax>Silkroad or from your Desktop.
6) Wait for patching to complete.
7) Hit play.