Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 14:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hacked Accounts?

Discussion on Hacked Accounts? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Hacked Accounts?

Ok, I don't want any specifics here, because i don't want to do it, only setup a good defence against being hacked.

I have been reading and hearing about accounts being hacked...even my good friend had his hacked while we were talking. (He DC'd then came back on 30 minutes later very upset) Many of these folks claim they don't use illegal programs...like i care...hehe. But, i am taking them at face value.
HOW are people being hacked in game when they don't share info or download questionable programs?

Is it MSN worms or something else just as innocent that is getting them? or is it stuff running in game that can be manipulated for the id/pw...(again please post no how to's)

Thanks for any advise/information that you can share

(personally i risk only 1 account to a bot, the others get taxied)
Old 12/01/2008, 22:51   #2

You can get viruses just by browsing a website. Sometimes viruses can..

1) Control computer while on (but you are afk)
2) Delete important system files.
3) Get your info, Paypal, SRO, Etc.
4) Stop you from moving mouse or keyboard while it browses through your important files.

The most common Virus.

Is a KEYLOGGER. It records your id and pw, takes it, hacks it, etc

Keystroke logging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2008, 03:41   #3

Lol
I suggest you download Spybot Destroyer if you decide to download some software
But dont worry i've never been hacked for 3 years and i had a simple user and pass

Not only that but i've also used bot and loader for a year (Together everyday)
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/04/2008, 02:29   #4

there is an AVG firefox add on that will scan the website before you go on it so if there is a virus on it it will detect it and warn you
Old 12/04/2008, 07:11   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycakes9 View Post
You can get viruses just by browsing a website. Sometimes viruses can..

1) Control computer while on (but you are afk)
2) Delete important system files.
3) Get your info, Paypal, SRO, Etc.
4) Stop you from moving mouse or keyboard while it browses through your important files.
Get a good browser - for sure not "Internet Explorer".
Old 12/05/2008, 01:09   #6

Great inputs... I've been playing a little over 2 yrs with no hacks and I run a pretty clean computer myself, during the inspections i run; system mechanic, AVG, adaware and something else...i am not so wroried about catching anything thru my pc...i surf on another machine not my game pc, just to be safe.
But, i got my resolve shacken when i started hearing about hacked accounts from ppl I know and they are baffled.
I am going to pay more attention keyloggers though, i never gave those much thought.

So is it possible to for information to be leaked thru the game, that still has me worried?