Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 04:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

So I was apparently hacked..

Discussion on So I was apparently hacked.. within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
So I was apparently hacked..

All right Ill start out by saying yes I know I will never get my items back blah blah i lost 400 million thats not so much. blah blah joymax won't help you I understand all that. I'm past that. What I would like to know is how exactly it happened to me. First of all I have shared my accounts with 2 people who I know 100% will not do things like that. Additionally I have their main accounts as of today I can still access them if I want to. Their gold hasnt changed as well. I really have no reason to believe they would do such things. They offered me just to have my own piece of mind to look through their lvl 1 noob stallers and search their guild storages. Anyways I know its not them. This happened apparently after inspection. What I did find out that it was only me 2 other members where hacked as well as a union member also one of my friends who knows my info for that char was also hacked. These were the results
my character - set gone, gold gone, weapons gone
friend character - set gone, gold gone, sp depleted
1st guild member - set gone, gold gone
2nd guild member - set gone, gold gone , storage ransacked
Union member - egy staff gone

Now what im curious is why did this person go after 1 storage my storage was full of prem silk items i could have lost 3 expert packages.
Anyone know anything I checked my computer its clean as can be. No virus or key loggers this is why I'm just dumbfounded if any of you can offer some sort of like any probable reason it would great to figure it out. BTW i saw my items being sold in sandmark for killer deals -.- oh well. any comments/opinions would be great. Anyone see this similar? Is there some trick to it? in sro wise to hack people? Thanks in advance
Old 04/07/2011, 03:06   #2

elite*gold: 10
Basically people don't get hacked in isro, they just choose the wrong people to share their login data with.
If you dont really consider a person a real life friend, then better just don't share the data next time.

I also lost 7bil + nova set + 101+9 2handed sword to a ''friend'' a while ago. Got it back with threats. Point is that he also denied taking the stuff and gold, but then i saw my novas on one of his chars. I asked him to show me one of them and it matched to mine 100%.

Don't trust people you don't really know in real life, you'll get burned.
Old 04/07/2011, 07:48   #3

Received Thanks: 1,517
If you're sure your friends didn't do it, have you ever logged in to your account somewhere else (not at home)?

Or maybe your computer has been infected by a keylogger that's undetectable for your anti-malware software.

You say that 2 other members of your guild and 1 other member of your guild got hacked. Maybe someone doesn't like your union and has somehow managed to infect some of you with a keylogger (that's undetectable).
Old 04/07/2011, 08:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
If you're sure your friends didn't do it, have you ever logged in to your account somewhere else (not at home)?

Or maybe your computer has been infected by a keylogger that's undetectable for your anti-malware software.

You say that 2 other members of your guild and 1 other member of your guild got hacked. Maybe someone doesn't like your union and has somehow managed to infect some of you with a keylogger (that's undetectable).

Fairytales .. Chances are low of such a thing, like in most of the cases, its the people you shared the data with.
Old 04/07/2011, 11:43   #5

elite*gold: 19
Received Thanks: 1,800
Maybe a bot / tool
Most bots has a "botserver", maybe it passes the login packets there and well, they feelt like h4xx0ring u
Other then this... Maybe one of your friends had a keylogger while logging on your account once, and he also logged on hes own, and another guy's... and bam your all hacked
seen it happen
Old 04/07/2011, 21:21   #6

maybe you registered on a site. and the id en pw were the same as your sro account. just suggesting ?
Old 04/07/2011, 22:18   #7

maybe someone from ur friends has a keylogger so its not ur fault i guess
Old 04/09/2011, 18:11   #8

I appreciate all of your input. Come to think of it. I have logged in with my character at another computer in a public building. Perhaps that could of been it. The reason why I shared my accounts is because the he helped me with my pt. It benefited both of us to run a pt on our own. he logged in 3 and i logged in the rest. Also all my pw and id's are different. I have none that are the same as others.
@19Cristian89 -Perhap's your right. What do you mean by threats. Did this person live near you or what?
Old 04/10/2011, 10:15   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by _PoKeMoN_ View Post
I appreciate all of your input. Come to think of it. I have logged in with my character at another computer in a public building. Perhaps that could of been it. The reason why I shared my accounts is because the he helped me with my pt. It benefited both of us to run a pt on our own. he logged in 3 and i logged in the rest. Also all my pw and id's are different. I have none that are the same as others.
@19Cristian89 -Perhap's your right. What do you mean by threats. Did this person live near you or what?
Globals, and in the end just told him that hes older friend who helped shall pay in cash for what they did (since to him i can get easely).The guy was 16 only , ****** himself and payed everything back. Since he used some of the gold, i took back also some extra novas to cover the loss.
Old 04/11/2011, 22:40   #10

I see. All right I appreciate all in your input on this matter