Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

are bots destroyin SRO??

Old 08/20/2008, 23:19   #61

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvstler View Post
Maybe people should think where did they get all the information to make the first bot. Some time ago there were loads of discussions that JoyMax provided the information to manufacture a bot. I don't see this discussion on any forum anymore, but I think this rumor to be very true. It was either JoyMax Company that hired a couple or one very good programmer to make this product. Or it was a former employer of JoyMax that got his hands on all the information to manufacture a bot.

Either way I personally think JoyMax is behind Isrobot themselves since no one can proof who the original creator is of Isrobot and someone had to provide all the information for make this bot.

So if you want to talk about who is ruining the game it is JoyMax itself.
Thats your opinion and no official statement dont forget that, so we canīt really answer this question like that. But anyway you might be right, nobody knows ... at least nobody of us does.
Fact is that the question " do bots detroy the game" is not important anymore. The question must be DID bots destroy the game. Itīs already too late to change anything. I said some posts above that no1 would play sro anymore without a bot.
I would also ask the quetion ... would silkroad have become such a popular and such a succesfull game if there were no bots coming out and no hacks etc. I donīt think so but itīs not easy to find facts for it so itīs just an opinion.

-- Skre1th

Old 08/21/2008, 13:17   #62

Well it a fact that Silkroad would not have become so popular without bots. I do not think Joymax shouldn't allow botting but keep it as the way it is and just keep banning gold bots every week to keep the servers populated and now crowded. Player bots without multie client aren't the problem.

It's people own choice to use a bot or not sorry for legits but there are more people wanting to bot then play legit simple cause of the endless grinding untill you are capped. Some say botters do not know how to play their characters but that's total bs. Botters will cap sooner then legits and will have more time to practice pvp at capped lvl then a legit. In the end this game is more about pvp these days then jobbing. Player bots are almost just as active as regular players.

Old 08/21/2008, 16:53   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvstler View Post
Well it a fact that Silkroad would not have become so popular without bots. I do not think Joymax shouldn't allow botting but keep it as the way it is and just keep banning gold bots every week to keep the servers populated and now crowded. Player bots without multie client aren't the problem.

It's people own choice to use a bot or not sorry for legits but there are more people wanting to bot then play legit simple cause of the endless grinding untill you are capped. Some say botters do not know how to play their characters but that's total bs. Botters will cap sooner then legits and will have more time to practice pvp at capped lvl then a legit. In the end this game is more about pvp these days then jobbing. Player bots are almost just as active as regular players.
Nothing more to say. Nearly everything is right. They should fix the "crowed server problem" thats all.
Old 08/21/2008, 22:24   #64

omg, i just finished reading every posts xD , and yea i think gold bots are a problem too, cause the fill up the sever, ks like mad, lagg town till u cant even load and crash, then theActive player bots are fine, cause u can chat to them make some friend, set area where eachother bots, and have fun, and about buying gold from comapnay..... if u bot why would need to buy gold... u get a hell lota gold and item drops, unless your a loser with out friends to go to the movies with and spend your money there, rather then spending on gold while u can get while botting....ehh lost my trance of though.. all from me ^_^

Old 08/22/2008, 18:27   #65

I didnt read every thing in this thread (cause its the same old argument since bots started on this game) but its MY opinion that its not bots that are destroying this game, but the FACIST attitude of the "legit" community.
I have never been any thing but robbed, KS'd and PK'd by legits. they feel in there "war" on bots they can do anything to anyone. Look at the "legit" forums, they dont like what some one is saying, they accuse them of botting. They have no respect for the sro community, where botter just want to have fun. Thats whats ruining sro, not botters. If you think I am wrong, prove to me the situation is different.
Old 08/26/2008, 00:26   #66

Wow, there is a lot of great insight...i want to say thanks to all for taking the time to write.
I just wanted to add a note on the origins of the bots...because i had always wondered too. The guy who runs botsmall in the us lives in my state and we chat from time to time since i am local hardcore player. He explained to me where BOT369 came from. As he explains it, the writer of this code also was an original designer for SRO. He was sacked or left for whatever reason and took his code with him and developed a bot for our amusement. When a new rev comes out from joymax our friendly programmer scans for the changes and updates his bot code....simple
He also explained why most of us casual botter/players won't get banned. And you all are right, it is the economics of the business on 2 levels. 1. a lot of us premium players do buy a lot of silk. which keeps the game online. 2. the last time joymax did a mass indiscriminate banning, it nearly bacrupted them to the tune of $2 mil. it seems hardcore players are also vindictive. when you buy silk with a visa/mastrercard you can charge back up to 6 months of purchases...so they did. Each charge back comes with a fine of aprox. $70 USD, I guess it adds up fast...If you use paypal you can charge back for 45 days. just a little FYI there for keeping your accounts a little safer.
Old 08/26/2008, 14:55   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by quocbao93 View Post
omg, i just finished reading every posts xD , and yea i think gold bots are a problem too, cause the fill up the sever, ks like mad, lagg town till u cant even load and crash, then theActive player bots are fine, cause u can chat to them make some friend, set area where eachother bots, and have fun, and about buying gold from comapnay..... if u bot why would need to buy gold... u get a hell lota gold and item drops, unless your a loser with out friends to go to the movies with and spend your money there, rather then spending on gold while u can get while botting....ehh lost my trance of though.. all from me ^_^
How i spend my money is not your problem, maybe i simply have too much so i waste some on gold?

Some of you are happy with a +5 others can`t be happy with 5 level 90 chars and on each a +7 weapon, its how you play the game that matters some just run 1 client others run 15.

Are bots destroying the game? sure but i can`t be bothered since this game has been destroyed long time ago by joymax and wont ever be fixed, rather enjoy my time and stop caring about bots.

If joymax cared they would have banned all bots long time ago, but the proof was well made that joymax only cares about money go check out ishades or if you are a little higher any goldbots 85+ has premium or a grab pet or even an awesome silk hat!, did joymax ban any of those? hell no, did joymax ban random joe who spend 5 hours a day grinding without silk? hell yeah!!!

Stop caring enjoy the game while it last since the end can`t be that far away.
Old 08/27/2008, 12:36   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuv888 View Post
Wow, there is a lot of great insight...i want to say thanks to all for taking the time to write.
I just wanted to add a note on the origins of the bots...because i had always wondered too. The guy who runs botsmall in the us lives in my state and we chat from time to time since i am local hardcore player. He explained to me where BOT369 came from. As he explains it, the writer of this code also was an original designer for SRO. He was sacked or left for whatever reason and took his code with him and developed a bot for our amusement. When a new rev comes out from joymax our friendly programmer scans for the changes and updates his bot code....simple
He also explained why most of us casual botter/players won't get banned. And you all are right, it is the economics of the business on 2 levels. 1. a lot of us premium players do buy a lot of silk. which keeps the game online. 2. the last time joymax did a mass indiscriminate banning, it nearly bacrupted them to the tune of $2 mil. it seems hardcore players are also vindictive. when you buy silk with a visa/mastrercard you can charge back up to 6 months of purchases...so they did. Each charge back comes with a fine of aprox. $70 USD, I guess it adds up fast...If you use paypal you can charge back for 45 days. just a little FYI there for keeping your accounts a little safer.
Ghehe gonne make a screenie of this and post it on my forum

« Help With My Bot | agbot slow »