Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > Soldier Front
You last visited: Today at 05:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to make your internet connection more faster?

Discussion on How to make your internet connection more faster? within the Soldier Front forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up How to make your internet connection more faster?

theres so many people having these conflicts: often people have a high Ping
Ex Ping 500

I will help you how to make your internet connection more faster

1.) Do some basic maintenance on your PC. Run Disk Defrag, a scan disk, a virus scan, a malware scan, and clear your recycle bin. An unusually slow Internet connection experience is often the only sign that your computer is infected with viruses or other malware. Delete old files and temporary files. Never allow the free space on your C: drive to be less than 10% of the total size or twice the installed RAM (which ever is larger). A well maintained PC will operate much better than a PC that has never had any maintenance. Google or your local computer repair store should be able to help you with this if you don't know how.

2.) Sometimes restarting your home network or your router if you have one will drastically increase the speed of your connection.

3.) Optimize your cache or temporary Internet files. These files improve your Internet connection performance by not downloading the same file over and over. When a web site puts their logo graphic on every page your computer only downloads it when it changes. If you delete the temporary files it must be downloaded again. if you disable the cache, it must be downloaded every time you view a page that uses it. This can be done by opening Internet Explorer, clicking on "Tools" at the top and choosing "Internet Options". On the General tab, click the "Settings" button next to Temporary Internet Files. Set Check for newer versions to "Automatically". Set amount of disk space to use to 2% of your total disk size or 512 MB, which ever is smaller. On Firefox, click "Tools" then "Options," and go to the privacy tab. Then click on the Cache tab within this.

4.) Never bypass your router. Most routers include a firewall that is very difficult for hackers to defeat. If you don't need to use Wireless then hook your computer directly to your router. Routers will only slow down your connection by a few Milli-seconds. You won't notice the difference but the hackers will.

5.) Upgrade your computer. If your computer is slow, it doesn't matter how fast your Internet connection is, the whole thing will just seem slow. You can only access the Internet as fast as your PC will allow you to.

6.) Often your connection speed is slow because other programs are using it. To test if other programs are accessing the Internet without your knowing, Click Start, Click Run. Type "cmd" (without quotes). Type "netstat -b 5 > activity.txt". After a minute or so, hold down Ctrl and press C. This has created a file with a list of all programs using your Internet connection. Type activity.txt to open the file and view the program list. Ctrl Alt Delete and open up the Task Manager. Go to the process menu and delete those processes that are stealing your valuable bandwidth. (NOTE: Deleting processes may cause certain programs to not function properly)

you may do one of them but i prefer to do the 6 steps so it will be surely that you have a good connection
happy playing.

If I helped press thanks ^_~
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/18/2009, 20:55   #2

Thanks! My Ping was 130 Now its 90~100 ;D
Old 12/19/2009, 01:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruu123 View Post
Thanks! My Ping was 130 Now its 90~100 ;D