Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 04:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

2019~2020 silkroad alike ?

Discussion on 2019~2020 silkroad alike ? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question 2019~2020 silkroad alike ?

are there any games like it?
as in MMORPG
as in big open world map?
lots of skills
FW
jobs
high lvls hard to reach (uniq reward for who stick around...)
bot maybe?
all the known silkroad ****
but with new engine
modern design
& maybe ASDW control too
Old 01/03/2020, 18:13   #2

i thought about it the other day, why there is no remake of sro, with a nice engine and controll, id love it, i like the system with thiefs, traders and hunters... would be very nice ^^.. maybe in this forum is a guy wich is good in programming such games.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2020, 15:44   #3

i think i might do that but it req time and effort b
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2020, 23:23   #4

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedisnak View Post
i thought about it the other day, why there is no remake of sro, with a nice engine and controll, id love it, i like the system with thiefs, traders and hunters... would be very nice ^^.. maybe in this forum is a guy wich is good in programming such games.
Because there is no way that a single person can handle game of the size of Silkroad. Even with 5 - 10 people it would be pretty hard.

Also remember that Joymax still owns the rights for the Silkroad IP.
Just cloning the game would get you in trouble. Even if you manage to develop the game. You want to make money. At this point Joymax will knock on your door.

While you could think that you are safe because they are not doing that much against pServers you should no that "creating a legit SRO 2" is a much bigger enemie for them.

Unless they are selling/renting the IP to another company (to develop a SRO 2) you won't see a game like that.

Well... they actually did that with the mobile version. Maybe they find another company for SRO 2. They already tried this in the past. But it failed (remember "Silkroad Kingdoms"). However, the company who buys this won't be a big company. Probably just a small studio from China that is going develop trash-games. That pretty much describes SRO Mobile really well. Which is nothing else than a generic mobile game that has been developed using a "construction kit" for games.

So yea... unless a big Publishers buys the rights from Joymax you won't see a good alternative.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/21/2020, 06:44   #5

**** "BORK" budd... feels like u are a joymax agent
i heard part of silkroad was stolen
also in copyright cases
doing a twist on small details might pass that copyrights wall
as it should have at least a certain number is differents in every details like 4~9 differents
u best seek a lawyer for this stuff .. & a good one
& u'll have urself a "legal" copycat of silkroad alike...
i mean look at chinese car's
they clearly copy alot of famous company's
some pass the law & some dont
& some are sold/used on some countries & some not
Old 01/21/2020, 17:16   #6

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Lineage 2
Silkroad Online has copied a lot of Lineage u should check that game out it's really nice
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/24/2020, 01:10   #7

elite*gold: 6
Black Desert Online
Old 01/24/2020, 08:18   #8

Loong Online soo many similarities with sro