Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 11:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

starting sro in 2018 again? worth?

Discussion on starting sro in 2018 again? worth? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 5
starting sro in 2018 again? worth?

I want to play some SRO again.

All those P-Servers are ****..

Is there a isro/rsro server which is kinda new and populated?

What is that Fatigue System? Is it on every Server? I dont want to play with it.
I want to bot 24/7 lul.

I hope you can give me some tipps.

Cheers
Old 03/24/2018, 18:40   #2

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
There are quite a few servers that are "new". Hestia is the most recent one from January 2018. It still has Cap 90. But it should get Cap 100 in near future.
Xian is the 2nd neweset server with Cap 120 atm and only chinese.
Aeolus is the third oldest server with Cap 130.

All servers are crowded. If you do not want to spend at least 30$ every month (for premium or VIP Silver) you won't be able to stay online for more than 1h - 3h or so. Simply because the game will disconnect you in order to make room for other players. You also have that stupid Fatigue system on that server. But when you relog in town right before the bar switches from blue to purple the bar will be full again. With that you are able to play 24/7 most of the time.

In terms of player activity Hestia should be the most "active" server of all servers. Simply because it is the newest. But that will change in a few month. First players will stop playing when Cap 100 arrives. Then you will lose players at Cap 110. And when JCPlanet or Joymax decide to open a new server everything will be dead because people will switch to the new server.

Oh. And if you think "awesome, cap 90 is great". Nope it is not because Degree 10 items are enabled by default. Thats why Shaitain and Dailty Quest will give you DG 10 weapons. Which is totally bullshit because everyone will be Full Sun DG 10 when Cap 100 arrives. Until then 2 or 3 people who spend hunderets of dollar to get a DG 10 sun +7/+8/+9/10 will dominate the server (DG 10 weapon elixirs can only be dropped in a special arena. Thats why DG 10 weapon elixirs cost like 50m - 90m per unit. Thats the plus is not that high).

Old Joymax servers are not even worh thinking of (although they do not have that fatigue bullshit). Simply because they are far too old. Gold prices and prices for items are insane (~10b for Premium plus for example on some of these servers). Also you won't find low level players on these servers which makes everything even more boring. And high level players are also afk most of the time. Probably playing on Hestia ^^

In my opinion there is no reason to start playing again. It is even more Pay2Win than ever before. Servers are dead although they are crowded (full of player gold bots in order to get enough gold). Even on the newer server people will start going afk 24/7 in a few weeks/month because everything becomes boring.
Just an example: Usually you have two "big" 2 unions on each server. If you are lucky each union has 2 guilds with 40-50 players (where a hand full of them is really OP because they spend >500$ a month). And these two unions will always battle for Fortress War. Maybe they will change their guild name a few times in future. But the kernel will be the same all the time. And when a new server will open you will see the other players there again.

Long story short: No it is not worth playing again. If you really want to try SRO again wait for a new server to open. Join the server from day 1 and leave at the right time (~6 - 7 month after the server opens). And do not waste that much money then.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2018, 20:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
There are quite a few servers that are "new". Hestia is the most recent one from January 2018. It still has Cap 90. But it should get Cap 100 in near future.
Xian is the 2nd neweset server with Cap 120 atm and only chinese.
Aeolus is the third oldest server with Cap 130.

All servers are crowded. If you do not want to spend at least 30$ every month (for premium or VIP Silver) you won't be able to stay online for more than 1h - 3h or so. Simply because the game will disconnect you in order to make room for other players. You also have that stupid Fatigue system on that server. But when you relog in town right before the bar switches from blue to purple the bar will be full again. With that you are able to play 24/7 most of the time.

In terms of player activity Hestia should be the most "active" server of all servers. Simply because it is the newest. But that will change in a few month. First players will stop playing when Cap 100 arrives. Then you will lose players at Cap 110. And when JCPlanet or Joymax decide to open a new server everything will be dead because people will switch to the new server.

Oh. And if you think "awesome, cap 90 is great". Nope it is not because Degree 10 items are enabled by default. Thats why Shaitain and Dailty Quest will give you DG 10 weapons. Which is totally bullshit because everyone will be Full Sun DG 10 when Cap 100 arrives. Until then 2 or 3 people who spend hunderets of dollar to get a DG 10 sun +7/+8/+9/10 will dominate the server (DG 10 weapon elixirs can only be dropped in a special arena. Thats why DG 10 weapon elixirs cost like 50m - 90m per unit. Thats the plus is not that high).

Old Joymax servers are not even worh thinking of (although they do not have that fatigue bullshit). Simply because they are far too old. Gold prices and prices for items are insane (~10b for Premium plus for example on some of these servers). Also you won't find low level players on these servers which makes everything even more boring. And high level players are also afk most of the time. Probably playing on Hestia ^^

In my opinion there is no reason to start playing again. It is even more Pay2Win than ever before. Servers are dead although they are crowded (full of player gold bots in order to get enough gold). Even on the newer server people will start going afk 24/7 in a few weeks/month because everything becomes boring.
Just an example: Usually you have two "big" 2 unions on each server. If you are lucky each union has 2 guilds with 40-50 players (where a hand full of them is really OP because they spend >500$ a month). And these two unions will always battle for Fortress War. Maybe they will change their guild name a few times in future. But the kernel will be the same all the time. And when a new server will open you will see the other players there again.

Long story short: No it is not worth playing again. If you really want to try SRO again wait for a new server to open. Join the server from day 1 and leave at the right time (~6 - 7 month after the server opens). And do not waste that much money then.

Thanks for your fast answer!
I really want to give it try because i need this right now ( old addiction kicks in )
I want to give that new Server Hestia a try.
Is there a decent way to dodge that fatigue system with reloging in town?
Does the S-BOT got a feature for it?
Or i have to make a alarm ready and wake up every 3 hours to dodge that stupid system?
Old 03/24/2018, 21:11   #4

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
You can set a timer in SBot that allows you to relog your char after x minutes.
Usually 240 minutes - 280 minutes is a good value to put in there. Then you have to select "teleport to town before Disconnect" or something like that. And there you go. But you should monitor the time. Sometimes the bar will only have 2h after a relog. In that case you have to use a smaller value.

To prevent you from disappointment: SRO in 2018 has nothing to do with SRO from 2005 - 2010 except the graphic ^^
There really is no nostalgic feeling comming up. Even on the Cap 90 servers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2018, 21:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
You can set a timer in SBot that allows you to relog your char after x minutes.
Usually 240 minutes - 280 minutes is a good value to put in there. Then you have to select "teleport to town before Disconnect" or something like that. And there you go. But you should monitor the time. Sometimes the bar will only have 2h after a relog. In that case you have to use a smaller value.

To prevent you from disappointment: SRO in 2018 has nothing to do with SRO from 2005 - 2010 except the graphic ^^
There really is no nostalgic feeling comming up. Even on the Cap 90 servers.
thanks my man!

so im gonna add 240min in sbot and get that sweet premium..

i know it will never be the same again, but atleast i can grind a lil bit sro again.

Thanks for those infos! <3
Old 03/26/2018, 14:54   #6

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
Short answer NO Stay away
Old 03/27/2018, 10:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolrko View Post
Short answer NO Stay away
too late
Old 04/02/2018, 14:30   #8

elite*gold: 0
I've read the comments..and guess im gonna try isro again
Gonna try Hestia..hope to have some fun there ^^

Regards .
Old 04/02/2018, 21:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAboveYouu View Post
I've read the comments..and guess im gonna try isro again
Gonna try Hestia..hope to have some fun there ^^

Regards .
My IGN is "ERRYTH1NG"
if you want just pm me
Some m8s would be great.

Im lvl 63 right now. but tomorrow im on vacation for 7 days
Old 04/03/2018, 06:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGee View Post
My IGN is "ERRYTH1NG"
if you want just pm me
Some m8s would be great.

Im lvl 63 right now. but tomorrow im on vacation for 7 days
Cool, you can pm me too -->
RiseAboveYou

Regards .
Old 04/06/2018, 07:18   #11

I have just returned to Silkroad too! Played a lot from 2005-2010. Great times.

Playing on Hestia, but not much since I have been solo so far. I feel like creating a European character, considering they are fit for group play and I mainly played Chinese back in the days.

So if anyone is interested to do some chill questing and leveling, be sure to message me
Old 04/13/2018, 22:04   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheriol View Post
I have just returned to Silkroad too! Played a lot from 2005-2010. Great times.

Playing on Hestia, but not much since I have been solo so far. I feel like creating a European character, considering they are fit for group play and I mainly played Chinese back in the days.

So if anyone is interested to do some chill questing and leveling, be sure to message me
what's your ign in the server ? i'm Violet
Old 05/07/2018, 21:14   #13

5k pls
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2018, 21:26   #14

My mind just cant accept that someone can fail this hard. A game that had so many nice people on it and that were so active and they manage to **** everything upp and to top it off they are still MAKEING THE SAME MISSTAKE!!! l How is that even possible?
Just cant processe that

I mean who think like that , oh we just lost so many people cuz of the pay2win change that we put in ... so how do we change that we do it even more pay2win!?!? Like WTF!?

And this **** with pserver? we have like 2 milion pservers that are just total **** ... start a pserver open it for 6 months close it down wait 2 months and lets go again.

And people be like OMG Eryx200000 is opening lets join again ....
Old 10/04/2018, 18:09   #15

elite*gold: 20
if you want to bot 25/7 you have to search an server with low rates so you need more time to get lv up