Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 20:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

wierd problem with AVG antivirus

Discussion on wierd problem with AVG antivirus within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
wierd problem with AVG antivirus

today, after playing silkroad for pretty long time, my AVG anti virus detected a virus in my sro_client, the original one.
it's pretty odd because i've never faced it, and also played silkroad with the same sro_client and it didnt say anything. :S

the virus it detects is "Trojan horse Generic10.AVEG"

any idea?? :|
Old 05/27/2008, 12:13   #2

Hello. This is Silkroad Online.

Regarding Trojan Virus

Some of our players are experiencing problems after the newest client update on May 26th (Silkroad Standard Time) with their anti-virus program.

For players using AVG as their anti-virus program, we have confirmed with AVG that this problem exists. If you are using other anti-virus programs and experience problems, please try downloading the newest update for your anti-virus program. If the error is still not fixed, let us know through the forums, and we will post updates as they become available.

We apologize for the delay in addressing this problem and for the inconvenience caused, and ask for our users�� understanding in this matter. The issue lies with incompatibility with certain anti-virus programs, causing them to detect the Silkroad file as a virus. There is no actual virus.

If you cannot run the game normally, or are receiving an error message such as [Error code 2] because of this anti-virus problem, please uninstall your current version of Silkroad, then install Silkroad again or uninstall anti-virus program for a while till it is fixed, then run silkroad. Your game should run normally.

To protect the security of our users, Silkroad Online runs daily virus checks. Please be assured that there is no danger of your system being infected through the game or our website. The majority of issues like these arise from software incompatibility or use of illegal third party programs. We recommend our users to refrain from visiting unauthorized, unsafe, or illegal websites, downloading illegal or suspicious programs and attachments, and to run periodic virus scans on their computer systems.
Old 05/27/2008, 13:01   #3

Ah i'm also having this problem D:
I Had to uninstall AVG to make my silkroad work.
But if you want to play silkroad you will have to not install AVG again until the bug has gone.