Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya
You last visited: Today at 15:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How safe is botting?

Discussion on How safe is botting? within the Shaiya forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How safe is botting?

Hiya,
Been playing Shaiya US for a good year now and its getting boooring having to lvl up yet another char. So ive been thinking of doing some botting.

Just had a go with the german version (that dosnt have gameguard) and SSB v3.1 and it seems quite straight forward and quite harmless.

Using a bot on the US version tho requires me to hack the client and it worries me a little bit. So here is my question:

"how safe is it to be botting?"

As im all new to this whole thing, it would be nice to get some feedback on, if anyone has been banned or similar.
Old 09/20/2009, 03:26   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedlock View Post
Hiya,
Been playing Shaiya US for a good year now and its getting boooring having to lvl up yet another char. So ive been thinking of doing some botting.

Just had a go with the german version (that dosnt have gameguard) and SSB v3.1 and it seems quite straight forward and quite harmless.

Using a bot on the US version tho requires me to hack the client and it worries me a little bit. So here is my question:

"how safe is it to be botting?"

As im all new to this whole thing, it would be nice to get some feedback on, if anyone has been banned or similar.
botting period comes with that risk
Old 09/20/2009, 10:48   #3

Received Thanks: 3,086
it happens really often that you get banned!
but with a bit luck it won't!

they can see if you're really using a tastature&mouse or if a program types commands for the tastature buttons....

it's only a question of time!
in official the risk getting banned is higher!priavte server not so high
Old 09/20/2009, 23:29   #4

Thanks for the feedback. I probably wont do botting on my main Us account then as it seems a waste if i got banned after all this time.
Old 09/21/2009, 08:15   #5

elite*gold: 360
If you use undetceted bot you cant get banned!
Old 09/21/2009, 17:37   #6

it's only a question of time when they're able to detect "undectable" bots!

let's see what the future brings
Old 09/21/2009, 22:43   #7

One of the first things i notices while playing Shaiya US was the gold-seller-spammer bots in Iris/Apu. They are always there. Sure they get deleted sometimes, but usually takes the GMs at least a week to get around to do it even tho there are people reporting them much faster.
So thats why i kinda wondered if anyone had ever been banned for "harmless" botting a couple of hours a day (botting constantly 24/7 is obviously quite noticable). I had a feeling that the GMs dont really care much unless you genuinely hack their client and do something out in the open "unusual" behavior in pvp.
Old 09/22/2009, 20:04   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedlock View Post
One of the first things i notices while playing Shaiya US was the gold-seller-spammer bots in Iris/Apu. They are always there. Sure they get deleted sometimes, but usually takes the GMs at least a week to get around to do it even tho there are people reporting them much faster.
So thats why i kinda wondered if anyone had ever been banned for "harmless" botting a couple of hours a day (botting constantly 24/7 is obviously quite noticable). I had a feeling that the GMs dont really care much unless you genuinely hack their client and do something out in the open "unusual" behavior in pvp.
you're right!
but i think you have to see it from another point of view!

the spambotters are only advertising!
gamebotters want to get an advantage against other players!

so what's the msot important?
i think the gamebotters!

best regards
Polypropylen
Old 09/22/2009, 22:56   #9

Bots actually stimulate their cash shop business model, so most games like this will only deal with bots on a direct complaint basis. If you can avoid being complained about, you won't get banned.

The real money trader bots are a different story. They surely want to take those guys down.