Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to: Shaiya Server with EP4

Discussion on How to: Shaiya Server with EP4 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to: Shaiya Server with EP4

EDITED:

I included major update. Please read again if you had problems.

Here it is.

It took some time to prepare it. I wanted to make a complete tutorial, instalation of Shaiya server, MSSQL, database's, etc. ... but there are already tutorials on how to do that and I thought there is no point repeating it. Then it came to me that many people had problems installing the server alone, so I included intoduction what needs to be done to make Shaiya server work with MSSQL 2005 Express and then continue to what I couldn't find on elitepvpers.com or ********.com. I mean how to make that #^@*&^ EP4 database work properly. The solution came with Asu666's post. Now, enjoy the work.

Preparations

First you need SQL server and utility to manage databases. MSSQL Server 2005 Express is perfect for the job, it's free and doesn't take too much space. To manage the databases you will need SQL Management Studio Express. Both programs are available from the link below.

Next is database and server files. I won't write on how to install Shaiya server since ZeroSignal did great job. Open the link below and download the files. Don't install it yet. If this is your first time you need MSSQL Server first. I'll tell you when to go to ZeroSignal's tutorial.

Below is link to my files (Ep4). Download and I'll tell you later what to do with it. It's self-extracting RAR archive.

- provided by Blast3r
- provided by Shwaps
Read at below what to do with *.svmap files.

MSSQLSERVER CONFIG

MSSQL Server 2005 Express will need some configuration before you can install Shaiya server. You might have found posts saying that it won't work with Express edition. Well, it does. I have it up and running nicely and will show you how to do it. Let's start with running the installation.

When you reach the screen showed below, hold on for a minute and change Named Instance to Default Instance.

You can think of „instance” as name used by programs to call the server. With Named Instance you would have to change server '*.ini' files and there is no guarantee that it will run.

Chose any extra options available. See picture below:

When you will be asked to chose Authentication Mode, select – Mixed SQL/Windows authentication mode – so you can login using your Windows user name.

Installation of SQL Management Studio Express is elementary. Get it done and let's move to the fun part. I will refer to the manager as SMSE from now on.

Before you test SMSE we need to do some configuration to the server.
Go to START → All Programs → Microsoft SQL Server 2005 → Configuration Tools and run SQL Server Configuration Manager. Once it starts it will show you whether the server is working or not. You should see something like this:

Expand SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration and select Protocols for MSSQLSERVER. Some will be disabled. Right click on those and Enable them.

Then right click TCP/IP, chose Properties , fallow to IP Addresses tab and enable IP with 127.0.0.1.

Expand SQL Native Client Configuration and chose Client Protocols then enable any that is disabled.

To make sure all the changes took place restart the server.

TESTING

Run SMSE and see if it connects to SQL server. Once you login without any errors you are ready to install server.

THE SERVER

Before you continue further, fallow instructions from link below and install Shaiya server.

Installing it after what you did so far shouldn't cause any problems. When all the arrows are green and none turned to 'pause' it's time for EP4.

First extract the package you downloaded with my files. The destination is of your choice as it won't matter. Now go to where you extracted the files. Then open another window with Shaiya server files. Make sure you turn off Shaiya server before you proceed.

About my files and what to do with them:
  • 1 - SHAIYA_SERVER\DATABASE – this is where EP4 database files are. If you wish to keep your EP3, rename the directory with EP4's and copy it to your server dir. Then open SMSE and do this:
    - If you wish to leave EP3, rename each PS_****** database to, i.e.: PS_GameDefs_EP3. Otherwise delete them.
    - now right click on Databases, select Attach... . Then go to where you copied EP4 db's and add each, one by one. Click ok. See picture below for reference:
  • 2 - SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\batch – there are three files. Open EP4_SQL_Config.sql with notepad, copy what's in there, open New Query in SMSE, paste and Execute. It will create 3 linked servers and add admin user. The other two I use to start and stop server. Place them on desktop if you wish.
  • 3 - SERVER\PSM_Client\bin – here is where EP4 executables and configuration files are in. Copy them to the exact same directories to your Server.
  • 4 - PSM_Data – backup's of DB's, in case you need them.
  • 5 - The last file contains *.svmap files for the server. Copy them to: SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Data\Map. This will solve problems with Game returning to paused state.

CREDITS

ZeroSignal – for posting his tutorial that started all of this.
Asu666 – for posting Ep4 DB's
Blast3r – for help with Ep4 DB's

and anyone on elitepvpers.com and ********.com who helped me so I could learn and write my own tutorial
Thanks
131 Users
Old 01/24/2010, 19:24   #2

Received Thanks: 3,086
added to:
Thanks
8 Users
Old 01/24/2010, 20:04   #3

Good job =D i already have ep4 .. ppls who need help post here i will help u =D
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/24/2010, 20:40   #4

Thanks very very much for this wonderfull work ^^
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/24/2010, 21:08   #5

Nice tutorial and release. Good job ProfNerwosol.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/25/2010, 01:24   #6

elite*gold: 50
nice work, havent tried it yet but probably will work xD.

Good job.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/25/2010, 08:47   #7

elite*gold: 260
Connection with server error 0 when i try to log on
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/25/2010, 13:11   #8

Thanks for the great tutorial.

I seem to have a small issue however, ps_game.exe wont start.

Ive looked throught the logs its saying map 68 load fail, i have checked in client/bin/data/map and its not there.

Any ideas..
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/25/2010, 13:39   #9

I forgot I included edited map.ini. Replace it with EP3 one if you wish or I can post my Maps dir.

Are you sure the name is PS_GameDef? It should be PS_GameDefs
Thanks
4 Users
Old 01/25/2010, 15:40   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfNerwosol View Post
I forgot I included edited map.ini. Replace it with EP3 one if you wish or I can post my Maps dir.

Are you sure the name is PS_GameDef? It should be PS_GameDefs
Many thanks for your reply,

I used the old EP3 map.ini and it worked first time .

If you have map 68 tho, could you upload it please.

Tutorial was amazing, many thanks ProfNerwosol
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/25/2010, 19:27   #11

Will do. I will be editing the tutorial. Found few mistakes I made and will upload my Map files in separate file.

EDITED:

Btw, thanks for sending me info about this error All is fixed now. I posted my Map folder. You can use the other map.ini.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/26/2010, 09:17   #12

Can anyone help me? i did all what the guide said here but it still wont work for me.

When i do Start all service they go green arrows for few sec and then go pause again.
i get this error at bin/log

2010-01-26 10:15:34 PS_USERLOG__system log start (UserLog)

2010-01-26 10:15:35 DB userlog connect error, Server=127.0.0.1, DBName=PS_UserData, User=Shaiya, Pass=Shaiya123

2010-01-26 10:15:35 3 1 SService::ServiceCtrlDispatcher(): m_pService->Init()

2010-01-26 10:15:35 PS_USERLOG__system log end (UserLog)

2010-01-26 10:15:35 3 1 SService::ServiceCtrlDispatcher(): service shutdown
Old 01/26/2010, 09:22   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bham666 View Post
Can anyone help me? i did all what the guide said here but it still wont work for me.

When i do Start all service they go green arrows for few sec and then go pause again.
i get this error at bin/log

2010-01-26 10:15:34 PS_USERLOG__system log start (UserLog)

2010-01-26 10:15:35 DB userlog connect error, Server=127.0.0.1, DBName=PS_UserData, User=Shaiya, Pass=Shaiya123

2010-01-26 10:15:35 3 1 SService::ServiceCtrlDispatcher(): m_pService->Init()

2010-01-26 10:15:35 PS_USERLOG__system log end (UserLog)

2010-01-26 10:15:35 3 1 SService::ServiceCtrlDispatcher(): service shutdown
Did you test to open your SQL ?
Old 01/26/2010, 09:26   #14

What do you mean?
but if i got you right yeah im trying to start service when the SQL is open
Old 01/26/2010, 09:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinru2004 View Post
Connection with server error 0 when i try to log on
Close version checking:
Select Logins >> Login01, right click, then Command. Enter "/vchkoff" press Enter.
(Type "/help" command for more info on available commands).

Close NProtect verification:
Select GameGroups >> GameGroups01 >> Game, right click, then Command. Enter "/nprotectoff" press Enter.
(Type "/help" command for more info on available commands).

To all who need help with EP4, please Do not PM me.

Post here and i will help you with your problem, and other ppls who get problems they can read how to fix their problems, without posting or private messagesing. So post here and i will help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Virus) View Post
Did you test to open your SQL ?
What can i do to fix that problem?
Thanks
1 User