Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Old 09/24/2014, 10:08   #31

elite*gold: 0
hello,

i did some test again, and still failed...

Something should to be wrong ^^

1/ we can open to server distant or not ? or the Studio and database on same machine ?

2/ i was using what you were telling but as Truth precise too
So in that case First picture i entrance the ip of server and ? Authentification server or mssql ?

and here ?

Thank You for Help

EDIT :
i installed the Native client SQL :

Here

Old 09/24/2014, 11:48   #32

@_Diavolino_
Did you try to connect using SQL Server Management Studio first, to see if everything works?

Old 09/24/2014, 14:18   #33

That means that i should opening Server management first to use studio ?

Because the server is turning well and everything isworking just trying to connect via my personal computer to the server...
Old 09/24/2014, 15:55   #34

Received Thanks: 3,045
@Diavolino:
Looks like you re-post the same question for the 4th times ... (registered name or IP, SQL or NT auth, ...) if you don't understand a topic / concept (such as the purpose of a DNS) google it but don't re-ask the exact same question.

Name or IP
Quote:
The server is identified by its IP address or by its name if it can be resolved by DNS, Wins or NetBIOS
NetBios exists since the 80s, it allows to assign an human-readable-name to machine on a local network.
WINS is a Microsoft-specific extension of NetBios, it was the main naming system before apparition of Active Directory. The names managed by the WINS layer are usable in a domestic network (2+ PC connected with or w/o a switch or hub) as well as a domain (private network with 10 or 100+ computers).
DNS resolve names (give the actual IP of a server) on the internet (large private networks/domains frequently also use private DNS).

In your case, the SQL Server is on internet, so using its actual IP or its name (one of its registered name) is just exactly the SAME.
With your browser, requesting the page "google.fr" or "173.194.40.120" is EXACTLY the same (and that IP is just one of the numerous IP owned by google).

NT or SQL Authentication
yet answered and a lot of available pages, if required start with this one.
In your case (remote SQL serveur), you may have full access to the server (ie you are able to do a remote login using remote desktop service) or, more likely, you have a SQL account (or probably a sFTP account and so on).

In this case - meaning if you have *no* NT/AD/... account on the server - you will of course NOT use the NT authentication.
Meantime, if you have a MS account you DONT want to use it to connect in plain (expect of course if you want your server to be attacked and corrupted in a very short time)(4th time: you don't send your CB info on a HTTP server, so you must NOT connect w/o SSH to a remote server; but it's still up to you).

Regarding your error:
as already indicated, error 13226 "may also due to invalid or unreachable IP".
with your indication, we don't know if you're using a valid IP or name, we don't know if an host with that IP exist / is reachable on the net; we don't know if the used name can be resolved by a DNS; nor if a SQL server is actually running AND reachable on this host.

The statement
Quote:
"Because the server is turning well and everything isworking just trying to connect via my personal computer to the server..."
is not that helpfull, since you indicate a) every thing is OK, b) but I can't connect on it ("tout marche super bien mais pas moyen de se connecter, donc rien ne marche").

Quote:
That means that i should opening Server management first to use studio ?
Quote:
Did you try to connect using SQL Server Management Studio first, to see if everything works?
No it means "did you try to connect to your (suuposed working) server using MSSQL Management Studio".

If you success to connect, use the same login information when trying to connect with shStudio.
If you don't success to connect, fix the issue with MS tools (with the SQL Management studio assistance) and possibly info from your provider.
The SQL login from shStudio should be used only if all potential issues (including security) are under control and solved; if some issues still exist, manage them with the right tools and methods.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/24/2014, 16:16   #35

Ok Ok thats clear

i will manage it ... For some explanation i am not too "stupid" to understand some point... after i adress myself here because you are available to answer me clearly without too much irony and its appreciable ! but For sure now i get the info ^^

Thank you for support ^^
Old 09/25/2014, 08:32   #36

As i recently found out myself (before the tool was released with help from Castor/Sominus) The portals are defined in 3 separate places.
You have it's "image/effect" first. This is a single x,y,z co-ordinate (the center of your portal)
Then you have the actual portal definitions. These are x,y,z 1. x,y,z 2 (those create a square/block) which is the area that your portal is "activated" by the character stepping within. You also have Map ID (destination map) and Destination x,y,z co-ordinates. (faction locking is there also)
And finally you have a section in "named area's" This is to tell the client that there is "name" for a certain x,y,z co-ordinate. In this case, the name that appears when you hover your mouse over a portal (Portal to Stable Erde, for example)
The actual names are defined as separate points in the maps .txt file, found in World, with the same file title as the WLD you are editing.

From what i saw of your img. You had only added an effect to make a portal show, yet not defined any further data.

And make sure to add the portal definitions into the corisponding SVMap (x,y,z of portal, x,y,z of destination) so that your server can finish the portal usage.

This new version of ShStudio manages portals perfectly, and the addition of showing SMOD/effects with all their separate data is hugely useful, even for simple tasks. For example, you can change the exact effect of a portal (what glows it uses) without needing to directly edit the effect file in Hex, nor search for each individual matching 3dc/dds effects use (some portals use 4+ effects in total)

Good luck with your portals
Old 09/25/2014, 10:41   #37

Castor
not saved NpcQuest.SData
Old 09/25/2014, 12:31   #38

@regvn

a) static texts in dialogs:
you are using a font significantly bigger than the ""default"" one.
your accessory dialog looks like:
whereas a "standard font" gives:

now, "standard font" can be a nonsense on some configurations; you should - at least - try to use the default (not magnified) character resolution (ie 96 pixels per inch, and not 120 or 144+ ppi).

b) WLD files, 2 mistakes in one
- the "Save" option is available and should be used, but it is not present in the menu.
you can still use the "Ctrrl+S" shortcut that will save the file within the opened archive.
- the "Save As" item should be used when the file is opened from an archive (your case) when you want to create a copy outside of the archive; when such operation is done, a special handling is required for certain files (cross-)used by some editors (item.sdata is used when a NPC is edited, monster.sdata is used when svmap is edited and so on); for these files, the edited content is cloned to create the file outside of the archive while the original (possibly used by other still opened editors) is kept unchanged.
2nd mistake: the WLD file are not shared but the process supposes they are, and thus fails with a E_POINTER (0x80004003L) error.

immediate fix: use "Ctrl+S" to save your files within the opened .saf archive.
to be fixed: do not use "Save As" to export a WLD file from an archive.

regarding sgraphic crashs, the sole point potentially relevant there is that you can't start the game if the archive is still opened by shStudio; OOH you can open a data.saf yet opened by a client but shStudio will only have a read access to the file and thus won't be able to save any changes (use such reading to compare raw data and rendering/use in game; not to edit data).

@Truth1010

the issue was not releated to incomplete records. you are right that portals involve several items; at least a portal definition, but also usually visual items; despite this, a portal def. w/o any visual item is valid (hard to find in game, but valid).
as you also indicate, editing an effect is most of time painful; the user guide does not deal with effects but the (content of) EFT and SEFF files (under "Effect/") can be viewed (not edited and saved). At least these views list the .3DE & .DDS files used by an effect.
the .3DE files can also be viewed (same editor than .3DO & .3DC) but they don't use the same naming convention than .3DO & .3DC for the texture file, consequently the editor is not doing everything alone.

@Kolin

I can *not* reproduce a crash of the tool while saving the NpcQuest.sdata file (either in archive or as standalone file).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/25/2014, 15:55   #39

Lightbulb

Hye ^^
Wanted to expose something "Again???" xD "Yeah" :
(Just in internal the connexion work without any problem... i was just need to upload the client.)

So the connexion is working between studio and sql server management.

1/ i see first the item.sdata. I checked the database PsGameDefs.dbo.Items i select the item 1 001 so the row 1.
2/ i make a modification of level in sdata via studio, from 1 to 5 and i save !
3/ i checked and refresh the table Items and The Row Column was modify. i passed from Row 1 to row 28 868... so existing row 1 not exist anymore.
i made a truncate table items to empty all data from table items and made an other modification of the item 1 001 so it record on row 1 with only that item ... so i got only one line so i modify sdata back and refresh the table and row 1 become 2 ...

So only to know if the modification of the row, use as indexe could perturbe the whole data ?
in more, there is not anymore the .sql file so how to import via the tool the rest of item ?
or should we use first the previous studio to generate the principal code to apply and to make modification in item sdata ?

an other point i saw in monster sdata there is in range some data like "1/0" "2/9" etc what is exactly that information ? and on some monster i got error to update the database...

Thanks for reading
Old 09/25/2014, 16:55   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diavolino_ View Post
1/ i see first the item.sdata. I checked the database PsGameDefs.dbo.Items i select the item 1 001 so the row 1.
2/ i make a modification of level in sdata via studio, from 1 to 5 and i save !
3/ i checked and refresh the table Items and The Row Column was modify. i passed from Row 1 to row 28 868... so existing row 1 not exist anymore.
Code:
USE [PS_GameDefs]
GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Items](
	[RowID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
	[ItemID] [int] NOT NULL,
	[ItemName] [varchar](30) NOT NULL,
) [...]
an identity field is indeed an identity.
and yes, these fields are NEVER used by server components.

ps_game (and ps_dbAgent) don't use hard coded SQL statements but use hard coded SP (stored proc.) names; the items are read with the SP "PS_GameDefs.dbo.usp_Read_Items_R" (to read all items) and usp_Read_Items_R2 (to read one item) (usp_Read_Mobs_R read Mobs, and so on); none of these SP use RowID that are (indeed) useless (for shaiya design and SQL needs).

Quote:
there is not anymore the .sql file so how to import via the tool the rest of item ?
or should we use first the previous studio to generate the principal code to apply and to make modification in item sdata ?

Quote:
an other point i saw in monster sdata there is in range some data like "1/0" "2/9" etc what is exactly that information ? and on some monster i got error to update the database...
"2/9" means that client information (record read from monster.sdata) contains "2" while server information (record read from dbo.Mobs) contains "9"; the editor can not decide by itself which value is correct, it displays both values in red to catch your focus so that you fix the issue.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/26/2014, 06:08   #41

can not save *.sdata
Old 09/26/2014, 14:28   #42

Hye ^^

@rooing

It can be save when you select the right path of "server" and to check auto connect... it make me the item sql file and cash sql file there on c:/server/PSM_Client/

to select patch on studio / views / setting / folder and select >The patch C:/YourServer/PSM_Client and check auto connect close studio and reopen // ws working for me

----

AFTER for monster its more delicate for me, How to get the sql from monster without to get existing database of mobs ?

PS_GameDefs.dboMobs different of client monsters.sdata IF my sdata got 3000 mob and the database 2000 ... failed to update the database. I truncate table Mobs and modify the Sdata and Failed to Update database

So means that all mob untill 2000 will be update the last 1000 mob how you get them ? :O

Because with the previous system with exdata it generate you the sql from all mob...

how it work here ?

Thank You
Old 09/26/2014, 17:29   #43

In my case, SS doesn't generate any .sql script when editing SDatas

-I use the 'Open Workspace option', with files from a fully unpacked client.
-I've tried with the Database 'connected', and without it.
-I have all paths correctly defined and working.

Why I ask this?

Example:
Let's say the server is on a dedicated remote host, wich has SQL Server isolated from the outside (only localhost allowed, and Windows IPSec blocking all WAN requests).

So, in this case I would need to edit client files on my PC, and generate the SQL scripts to update the remote databases later.
I know I can write those scripts manually, but well, if SS do it, it would be faster.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/26/2014, 18:29   #44

its that Nubness was telling with his tools to administrate.
to make all in local ! and with SS its the same way in local and was needed to upload client there... and if you dont get one serverfile, PSM_Client complete you cant make any .sql.

first, I was using to make some test the previous SS to get the full update becasue it generate the sql.

And for item as Castor was advise me to do to make row incremented it is like that i verify and retry back and still the row become other number in database ... so i use the last SS to edit and use the sql to perform the update because the modification Live make changement of row indexe in my case.

Good remark Sominus its one kind of precision of work.

Regards
Old 09/26/2014, 22:34   #45

@Diavolino

Quote:
for monster its more delicate for me, How to get the sql from monster without to get existing database of mobs ?
you can not obtain a SQL script to update the Mobs table if that table wasn't previously read (if you wasn't connected).
one can ask why I choose to remove the monsterEx.sdata file that was misunderstood by most of users and that generated tens of bad feedbacks.
considering all pros & cons, my response today is: you don't need to update a table if you can not access that table. (this was also motivated by the fact that most of servers I've tested never changes the mobs definition (and a significant part of them simply never defines the mobs)).

so, if contrary to this, you want to frequently edit your mobs, the easier way is to install a local MS SQL-express server (the release 2008 or 2008R2 will fully provide required functionalities as well).

Quote:
IF my sdata got 3000 mob and the database 2000 ... failed to update the database. I truncate table Mobs and modify the Sdata and Failed to Update database
that is a "normal" case when starting to work with a new sets of data.

if you edit a monster defined in monster.sdata but not present in dbo.Mobs, the server part of the definition will be undefined and you will have to provide all missing information.

according my tests the editor won't fail to open because of lack of information retreived from server, and the update (creation actually) of the mobs won't fail ... since nothing can cause a SQL error (the dialog may refuse to validate the form if some required fields are missing ... and in this case may be the generated SQL auto-transmitted contain error ... to be re-checked, if will post comments/correction on this if required).

but of course, you won't create by hand all missing mobs, instead you will refer to and you will create the monster.sdata AND the SQL script for the dbo.Mobs and dbo.MobItems tables in a very short time. (dbl-click on BinarySData/DBMonster.SData, then Tools/Scripts/Import Caption; then Tools/Scripts/Generate monster.sdata, then generate dbo.Mobs then generate dbo.MobItems).

the use of a local SQL express server can then (at creation from DBMonsterData.sdata) be a reliable and efficient way to edit your mobs.

@Sominus

Quote:
In my case, SS doesn't generate any .sql script when editing SDatas
ok, there is a bug in the "Folders" panel of the "Settings" dialog. the tool does not save the "Auto-connect" checkbox state (and doesn't try to connect upon dialog validation).
you can fix it with manual edition of the settings.ini file; add
[Server Data]
Connect=1

or, easier, right-click the "Server" node in the main tree-list, and connect with the local popup-menu (as indicated in ; using this one will save the auto-connect flag.

Thanks
2 Users

« [re-release] ep5.4 ps_game itemmall fixed [FOR SQL Serv 2012] | [Tutorial] Create Your NPC »