Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Guide] Editing and Updating the new updater.exe

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Guide] Editing and Updating the new updater.exe

Ok so i noticed a lot of people having problems updating the new_updater.exe and decided to make a Guide.

~ If you have already a server all set up and running ~

Quote:
The 4.5 is the most important step but you can jump to the step 4 and read throught it.
All you need to do is, copy your already set up "Updater.exe" to the "Shaiya" folder on your host where you set up your updates, not inside any patch or something, just on the Shaiya folder.
Change the file version (that i explain on step 4[4.5]) and change the "UpdaterVersion=XX" line on your "UpdateVersion.ini" file =]
~ If you are starting a new server now ~

~ What you need ~
1 - New Updater from OS
2 - Resource Tuner () or any other software to change a file version
3 - (the new updater from OS is here too [december, 2011])
4 - or any other HEX editor you prefer, but XVI32 is free
4 - Brain.exe
~ What to do ~

1 - Ok first of all, start uploading the Shaiya folder to your host. So if your host is something like "http://example.com/" it will be accessible by "http://example.com/Shaiya". If you already have, don't worry with this step.

2 - Edit the new_updater.exe that is located on Shaiya Folder so it matches your IP.

Quote:

2.1 - Open XVI32

2.2 - Press CTRL + O . or go to File -> Open...

2.3 - Select the new_updater.exe

2.4 - Press CTRL + F.

2.5 - Select Text String and type: 111.111.111.111

2.6 - Change the IP to your Host IP, if you are on local server, put 127.0.0.1

2.8 - Do the steps 2.4 / 2.5 / 2.6 -> 3 times
3 - COPY the "new_updater.exe" to your game folder and rename it to "Updater.exe". leave a copy of the "new_updater.exe" where it was.

Quote:
3.1 - To create your update patches, use (thx for it btw)

3.2 - put your patches (ps0001.patch, ps0002.patch) on the "http://example.com/Shaiya/Patch" folder

3.3 - Open the file "UpdateVersion.ini" on any text editor, and change the line "PatchFileVersion=1" to which ever is your patch number, so it matches.

3.4 - On your client folder, there is a "Version.ini" file probably, if not, copy from OS. Open this file on any text editor and change the line "CurrentVersion=1" to the same number of the "PatchFileVersion=1" on your host.

3.5 - You are done here.
4 - Open the Resource Editor, or your File Version editor, and do as follow:

Quote:
4.1 - Click File -> Open, and select your "new_updater.exe" that is in the Shaiya Folder on your host... Expand the Version folder thatís found in the Resource Tree view, and select the version info resource item to be edited in the Resource Tree view.

4.2 - Open the version info for editing using the Resource Editor button or the popup menu which is displayed by right-clicking the Resource Tree. Or simply double-click the resource item directly.

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

4.3 - Select a StringFileInfo value entry by clicking it in the displayed listview.

4.4 - Turning off checkboxes will delete the corresponding StringFileInfo value entries. The Rollback button will let you restore all changes.

4.5 - Double-click the StringFileInfo value entry to open the Value Editor dialog box, and change to 3.XX.0.0
The XX means your version, if your updater is on version 20, change to 21, if it's on version 21, change to 22 and go on
The file version have to be the same that it is on the file "UpdateVersion.ini", "CheckVersion=3" is the first "3" from the file version and the XX is the "UpdaterVersion=21":

4.6 - Press OK to close the Resource Editor and select 'File' -> 'Save File As ...' to save the changes you've just made to the target file. If warned that the image size has changed, click "Yes" to update the file size.

And thats it, if you ever have any problem, post in here =]

Thanks
21 Users
Old   #2

Received Thanks: 1,745
Thanks for this, this is probably the first good guide in a few months lol

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #3

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,915
#Added to the sticky Step By Step thread
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

elite*gold: 176
Received Thanks: 4,222
I forgot about the Resource Tuner programm.. now i remember
thanks hopeloz

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

Received Thanks: 1,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greester View Post
I forgot about the Resource Tuner programm.. now i remember
thanks hopeloz
Me to LOL this would have been great like 6 months ago for me XD
Old   #6

1. download Resource Tuner

2.Download The "Shaiya" Folder on your host. (the new updater from OS is here too [december, 2011]) - link Mediafire :
Old   #7

Totally agree with Bane on this one and thanks a lot for this guide i am sure it will help other people starting a private server.
Old   #8

my new Updater is upgrading all the time.
So it dont just Download 1 Time, it downloads all the time the same File (new_updater.exe)

How can i solve this, so that the Updater just will be downloaded 1 time, and not Hundret times? Oo
Old   #9

Same here, update process starts over and over again ..

Had to delete the updater.exe to stop this.
Old   #10

As long the New_Updater.exe can be readen by the updater is patching the new updater it is keeping downloading and updating the new updater if you want to change it may only works if the new updater has other directory where don't exist "new_updater.exe" most likely if your moving your updater host from a web server to another..
If you want to just update your updater with other frame links you can place it somewhere and to anouce your players to download it manually..

Regards.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #11

I have a question, in which part do I have to put the directory to load the image or web page of the update, I mean the background, not where the http, etc. goes. That part I did already!

Tags
new updater, new_updater, shaiya, updater