Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Daily/Monthly] Quests Shaiya

Discussion on [Daily/Monthly] Quests Shaiya within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Daily/Monthly] Quests Shaiya

Hi, does anyone have any idea how to do a quest that can be repeated, daily, weekly or monthly ?

Thank you.
Old 10/02/2019, 08:28   #2

elite*gold: 130
I have not tried it myself, but you could add two columns to the CharQuests table, the first one being "Repeat" with type int, there you could add 1, 7, 30 depending on what you want and another column named "FinishTime" as datetime.

First we need to look at [usp_Save_Char_Quest_Add_E], with this procedure, we will add the information about whether it is a daily, weekly, or monthly quest (1,7,30) depending on questid.

The second procedure selects the value that we inserted before(1,7,30 - daily, weekly, monthly...) and adds a datetime to the column "FinishTime" of the future (1 --> 1 day ahead, 7 --> 7 days ahead...etc.)

The third reads the charquests and only select those quests where FinishTime is not in the future, but in the present.

start with this procedure [usp_Save_Char_Quest_Add_E]:
Quote:
SET NOCOUNT ON
IF @QuestID IN (1,2,3)
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Count1,Count2,Count3,Repeat) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,@Delay,@Count1,@Count2,@Co unt3,1)
END
ELSE IF @QuestID IN (4,5,6)
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Count1,Count2,Count3,Repeat) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,@Delay,@Count1,@Count2,@Co unt3,7)
END
ELSE IF @QuestID IN (7,8,9)
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Count1,Count2,Count3,Repeat) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,@Delay,@Count1,@Count2,@Co unt3,30)
END
ELSE
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Count1,Count2,Count3) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,@Delay,@Count1,@Count2,@Co unt3)
END

IF(@@ERROR = 0)
BEGIN
RETURN 1
END
Replace 1,2,3 with the QuestID(s) for 1 day, 4,5,6 with 7 days, 7,8,9 with 30 days.

Then you need to edit this procedure: [usp_Save_Char_FinishedQuest_E] like so

Quote:
SET NOCOUNT ON

DECLARE @Repeat int = (SELECT Repeat FROM PS_GameData.dbo.CharQuests WHERE CharID=@CharID AND QuestID=@QuestID)
IF(@Insert = 0)
BEGIN
IF @Repeat = 1
BEGIN
UPDATE CharQuests SET Success=@Success,Finish=1, FinishTime = DATEADD(DD,1,GETDATE()) WHERE CharID=@CharID AND QuestID=@QuestID
END
ELSE IF @Repeat = 7
BEGIN
UPDATE CharQuests SET Success=@Success,Finish=1, FinishTime = DATEADD(DD,7,GETDATE()) WHERE CharID=@CharID AND QuestID=@QuestID
END
ELSE IF @Repeat = 30
BEGIN
UPDATE CharQuests SET Success=@Success,Finish=1, FinishTime = DATEADD(MM,1,GETDATE()) WHERE CharID=@CharID AND QuestID=@QuestID
END
ELSE
BEGIN
UPDATE CharQuests SET Success=@Success,Finish=1, FinishTime = GETDATE() WHERE CharID=@CharID AND QuestID=@QuestID
END
END
ELSE
BEGIN
IF @Repeat = 1
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Success,Finish,FinishTime) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,0,@Success,1,DATEADD(DD,1, GETDATE()))
END
ELSE IF @Repeat = 7
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Success,Finish,FinishTime) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,0,@Success,1,DATEADD(DD,7, GETDATE()))
END
ELSE IF @Repeat = 30
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Success,Finish,FinishTime) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,0,@Success,1,DATEADD(MM,30 ,GETDATE()))
END
ELSE
BEGIN
INSERT INTO CharQuests(CharID,QuestID,[Delay],Success,Finish,FinishTime) VALUES(@CharID,@QuestID,0,@Success,1,GETDATE())
END

END

IF(@@ERROR = 0)
BEGIN
RETURN 1
END
Lastly, edit this procedure [usp_Read_Char_Quest_R]

Quote:
SET NOCOUNT ON

SELECT QuestID, [Delay], Count1, Count2, Count3 FROM CharQuests WHERE CharID=@CharID AND Finish=0 AND Del=0 AND FinishTime < GETDATE()

SET NOCOUNT OFF
This method would require that you edit [usp_Save_Char_Quest_Add_E] every time you add a new "daily, weekly or monthly" quest. You could also add an additional table to store all questIDs that are in that way "repeatable" after a certain amount of time.
I haven't tested it yet, but thought about it for a while and just edited the procedures for you. Maybe you can test it and see if it works.

I honestly don't know if this has been posted before, but that's how I would do it.

Also, there are definitely different approaches, if you want to reset those quests (e.g. daily) each day at 12:00 midnight. My approach works with when the quest was actually finished.

Hint about the midnight approach: You could use chatlog or actionlog procedure to reset the quests.
Thanks
1 User