Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

If some 1 could spare a few minutes to help

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question If some 1 could spare a few minutes to help

Hello,

I am new to this kind of thing so i hope this is the right place to ask ?

I am trying to set up a shaiya P server as well ( atm just for fun and out of curiosity)

So i wanna say a really big THANKS to all who wrote the guides and tutorials and answered to other people their problems thanks to that i managed to get the server part with sql up and running.

But like a few posts i have seen i ran into the same problem with the client that after i select the server (and choose a faction on first time) i get the character load error.

I used google and the search function and tried all stuff i came across like the part of extracting the several SDATA files ( encrypted and non ecrypted) then saving it to sql and executing it.

And also using several clients from client version 40 to the newest of age
but i always used the same game.exe ( since i could not find the ip that needs to be altered in the other game.exes )

And now my actual question:

Does any 1 have an idea or a hint that i may use to solve that problem ?

If u need logs pls give me a little direction as where to find them since i never used logs before

With best regards

Mr-Dango

Old 11/19/2012, 06:34   #2

ok a few questions.
1. what client are you tring to use ?
2. what set of server files are you using?

there is a reason i am asking. if you are using the OS client and the ep 4 or the ep 5 server you will get that disconnection. if i knew what set of files i would be able to tell you what or where to get the other complemntry set to use.

Old 11/19/2012, 07:00   #3

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,586
ur problem is easy to fix no worries at all char load error means there is a dismatch between the client and the server files u use.
=> The client u will use should match atleast to the episode of ur client or other was around. If that is the case u need to let these client and server files match toghter. u ask how? Well u need to extract the whole client by using the Datafile tool From LPH to get the .sdata files. these files u have to run in sql to get the client and server files match together !
If u got further question feel free to ask.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/19/2012, 07:25   #4

also make sure the npcquest.sdata file in the server and client match . Except the server one needs to be Decrypted.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/19/2012, 13:43   #5

Hello and thanks for ur replies

so for the questions that phoenix asked

the client that i use atm is CurrentVersion=122

and for the server files i used those from Zerosignal's instructions page

i got 3 other clients that i used all US clients
US feb 02_2009 ep3 V40
US may 08 2009 ep4 V55
and US may 20 2010 ep4.8 V108
Old 11/19/2012, 14:55   #6

CV= 122 is right at the start ep the EP 5 the server files you are useing are the ep 3-4 files in CV = 119 and up are the ep 5 some where close to there.
and game error is in the game exe. if you are going to use this client i would sugest that you use John heats quick referance and get the game exe for the ep 5 and ShaiyaOmega 's server files for the ep 5 or .
or use the CV = 55-118 that would be ep 4.5 and the closest match to the server files you already have.
and also as stated by ShaiyaOmega that it could also be the npcquest.sdata did not match or the server side is encrypted . which all of this is easy to fix.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/19/2012, 15:09   #7

Thank u alot gonna try it right away with the v55 parts ill post again when i tried

THNX alot for the info i got it up and running ( atm in lan)

I used the V55 client extracted the item, skill and npc quest files and putted them on the server in the right places ( i had to do a little memory upgrade cause i couldn't do an execute of the item.sql) and now it's running

so now up to the next part of customizing the item mall and other stuff ( which i will follow some guides on epvp aswell :P

and again really big THANKS for ur help

with best regards

Mr-Dango

« [HELP]Shaiya PS help[/HELP] | Interesting Problem... »