Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Questions 'bout Mobs 'n Shee

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Questions 'bout Mobs 'n Shee

Aight homies.... Hahaha, so kidding, I've been to private school, I couldn't play that off if I wanted to.

So, I have a question, why have mobs been so vastly eliminated from the presence of the pool of things that provide and excess challenge to PvP? I mean, environmental enemies (I'll just call them EE's) are so under powered compared to the toon base of most of these servers that they really aren't an interaction of the PvP. The closest thing i can think of is on some servers, when you go to KI, if you're being chased you can use the mobs with the wicked debuff in the elemental zones (it's a type of blunt, but it just kind of wrecks your ****). Other then that, EE really aren't a presence.

Like, here's a thought, if you really aren't using DD1 (the seemingly preferred pvp map although I would say I personally would rather pvp in Jungle) for anything but PvP why not make EE have some kind of debuff that's crazy, or a couple of them hit hard, so you're not just watching out for the enemy players, you're also watching out for legitimate mobs. When was the last time you were like "Jee willickers, a Karision Arachne Combater is hitting me, this will be a problem!". I think it would be a nice touch to the game.

In the words of Ron Burgundy, if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back.

Old 11/14/2012, 19:18   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,233
This reminds me of CT in ep4 and ROTCO in ep5 where you need to watch out for mobs while killing bosses that take hours.
Well, it's something any developer can easily do if they want to. It wouldn't take more than 10 to set some badass debuffs, as well as higher attack and defense.

Old 11/14/2012, 20:29   #3

Yeah, see, that sounds like it would be really awesome. It would be a nice way to just add a little bit extra fun to the mix. Although, it would be terrible to see this problem. "Ummm, we have to make the mobs tougher, so, we'll just throw in a lot more defense and HP and forget about the dex and attack issue, because you know, just making it take a little bit longer to kill is what really makes a boss harder". Another thing that makes me sad is that there isn't much in the way of real bosses anymore that actually are legitimately tough. You remember CT, remember how long it took to drop CTI? forrrrrrever.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2012, 21:12   #4

Received Thanks: 1,062
Back when you could be a priest and do more than dispel or heal in pvp for people who do nothing but ***** xD
Oh bring those days back! o.o
I think it would be fun to have mobs to deal with in pvp.
Adds a bit of diversity to the mix. Keeps things lasting longer! o.o

Old 11/14/2012, 23:17   #5

Hahaha, it really would. Since you mentioned priests, I have to agree with everyone who's said that EP5 ruined BPs and Borcs, they used to be pretty b'dass, and now.... they're kind of non existent. Like, why did Magic Spot need to go? Back on topic I think it would be really awesome if the debuffs that the mobs had were unpottable as well, just like I think there should be more of the mage AOEs that are unpottable, not just chain lightning, just like I think that Sleep (the orc/priest thing) should be unpottable.
Old 11/14/2012, 23:29   #6

Received Thanks: 1,062
Well I'd just give every mob Death Breath on a 5 second cool down o.o
My server would be so epic like that! O:
EVERY SINGLE MOB!
o.o...
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/16/2012, 22:25   #7

Hahaha, yes, that's what needs to happen. You know what else would be cool, give mobs a really high melee defense, and super low magic defense, bam, mage/pagan need in PvP.

« [HELP]Shaiya | Suche p-server wo ich Waffen Designen kann bilder* »