Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Info]Shaiya P-Server FAQ

Discussion on [Info]Shaiya P-Server FAQ within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
[Info]Shaiya P-Server FAQ

As I have noticed an increment on "chain-questions" and to avoid having a lot of questions asked on many different threds, I just decided that making a thread in which everyone can ask questions -any kind of questions- related to Shaiya Development/GamePlay/Builds, etc... so that everyone from the community will have about everything they look for in one single thread, look at this as a Shaiya FAQ, which will start getting "filled" as everyone starts asking and receiving answers.

I do know that we already have guides on how to do basically everything, but there will always be questions, even if they have already been answered somewhere else; so hopefully this thread will help people find their answers easily as I will be updating this main post daily (if there are questions/answers during the day posted in here) so that, as soon as someone asks a question, it will appear in here as "Unanswered" and then, when there gets to be an answer, I will update it and add the respective answer, always pointing out who answered it and a link to the specific post/thread in which it can be explained with more details (if any)

QuestionAnswer
Can't Connect to Game Server?
Change Drops
DC'ed at Item Mall or
GM Links
Red crosses on server config
Fix start with 120k kills
Invasion System?
Automatic UM mode?

More questions have been answered, I have the ones I have seen the most, but if your answer is not here, you can check this thread as well:

Remember if you want to ask questions, this is the right section as DEVELOPMENT SECTION is for RELEASES ONLY
Thanks
17 Users
Old 01/02/2012, 03:35   #2

elite*gold: 0
So can I post my question here or not?
Old 01/02/2012, 03:37   #3

Yes, you can post it in this thread (recommended) or make a new thread on this section
( -section in which this thread is-)
Thanks
6 Users
Old 01/02/2012, 11:56   #4

So I tried with the comand /exp2xenable [amount] adn the result is "cmd exp2x enable ok(byadmin=1,bysys=0,current ExpX=0.000)" but when I enter to the game and kill a mob I do not recive any exp.Can you tell me how to fix it?
Old 01/02/2012, 16:20   #5

The command was executed on a right way as you didn't get any error; what you can do is go to your database and check for that mob's exp column and see if it isn't set to 0 or any "weird" number, if so, just update the amount of that column.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/03/2012, 08:42   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckpow View Post
So I tried with the comand /exp2xenable [amount] adn the result is "cmd exp2x enable ok(byadmin=1,bysys=0,current ExpX=0.000)" but when I enter to the game and kill a mob I do not recive any exp.Can you tell me how to fix it?
Hey hun, you've got to put a number after the /exp command. So, if you wanted to make it 100x experience, it would look like: /exp2xenable 100

Just put whatever number you want to be the multiplier instead of 100. I see that you said that the generated response said "ExpX=0.000" which leads me to believe you didn't put a number after the command, maybe. Try it and see what happens. =) Best of luck!
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/03/2012, 17:24   #7

Thank you
Can you tell me please how to increase the drop rate or I must edit the datebase?
Old 01/03/2012, 18:23   #8

Code:
Update PS_GameDefs.dbo.MobItems
set DropRate = [%] where ((Grade = [Grade_to_Change]) 
and (MobID = [Mob_that_drops_it]))
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/05/2012, 16:42   #9

I have one more question.How I must send the game to others to test it?I tried with .rar format but it failed.My friend was unable to start it.Any solutions?
Old 01/06/2012, 01:52   #10

I would suggest with all these questions you should read a shaiya guide. Did you make your server public? People cannot log in until it is.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 02/20/2012, 12:45   #11

Exclamation The return of Shaiya nemesis

Anyone can give us concrete information on the router Shaiya nemesis? Because all the time just see people posting questions, and the GMs do not respond, and without that Facebook, just post in the forum itself to that, here in my country I can not access Shaiya official facebook, do not know why, but only know that I'm totally clueless, I was years in the server to have to lose everything at one time to another without having at least one concrete explanation, I know I'm not the only one who thinks the same so, please inform us as soon as possible. Thank you
Old 02/22/2012, 16:53   #12

This is not the place for it, and seeing as our official thread was closed I would not be able to answer you because it would be counted as advertisement in a wrong thread. We haven't given up yet, that's all i can say.
Old 03/09/2012, 06:42   #13

I got the Bane's DB ep 5.3 and dont have all bosses.Is there any full data base?or can someone can give me his PS_Gamedef ?
Old 04/04/2012, 19:43   #14

#Added Update Drops to the list
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/15/2012, 09:03   #15

Hi. the Db have lots of items named eg. ???127 ... i can't find out what kind of items it is nor equip it. do I have to edit it manually all of it? and the item names are all (almost) ְְְְְ like this too.