Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Request] any possible way to make a rebirth npc?

Discussion on [Request] any possible way to make a rebirth npc? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Request] any possible way to make a rebirth npc?

i read a post a few days ago which got me thinking... is there any possible way to make a rebirth npc? basically what i'm asking is there anyway to make a custom quest, which resets your lvl from 70 to 1 so you start all over... but it lets you keep all your stats / skills and items and you start gaining a new set of stat points, on a scale of 1 to 10 what's the difficulty on this
Old 02/18/2011, 03:50   #2

lmao wow..... way easier then i expected....... thanks for the tips..
Old 02/18/2011, 15:42   #3

Data from server will override anything in database. I think the best would be to change Logout procedure or trace the order in which the stored procedures are called when a character logs out and add appropriate code to the last one.
Old 02/18/2011, 18:13   #4

can it also be set up as a script? like a resurrection/gm link script? think that would actually make it a lot easier, only challenging part for me right now is making the script
Old 02/18/2011, 20:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi01 View Post
can it also be set up as a script? like a resurrection/gm link script? think that would actually make it a lot easier, only challenging part for me right now is making the script
Yes, you can write it as a procedure and execute it from inside of another. I suggest to open one of the existing, analyse it and modify to own needs.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/19/2011, 00:44   #6

i beleave it should be sumwere along the lines of
Code:
USE [PS_GMTool]
GO
/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[usp_script name here]    Script Date: 02/18/2011 14:08:48 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF
GO

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[usp_script name here]

@CharID INT

AS
SET NOCOUNT ON

UPDATE PS_GameData.dbo.Chars
SET Level=1, Exp=0
Where CharID= @CharID
that will creat the stored proc how to set the identifying Charid from ingame when its executed i have no idea and i also beleave for the efects to take you must also restart the game (that player only) not totaly shure on the set level=1,exp=0 or if its level=1 and exp=0 im not a sql person i just edit this and that i have no idea how to actyaly wright them as i have never used it tell i started my server but a lil trial and error useing a created toon for that specific purpus of re doing lvls and exp i could make it work asfar as redoing its levels and so on just notshure how to imploment it to recall its levels and soon after items sold or quest completed to recall levels without a game restart for that player
Old 02/19/2011, 02:55   #7

I have looked into this before can be done try as gm /set "playername" level 1 while still ingame and you go back to earning points all over again. and this will save when they exit and restart the game unlike /set "playername" grow 3 will reset back to there original after re-entry. BUT.

problem you will run into after that is stat and skill reset's will set you back to default numbers for the level.

also skills are designed to become available at certain level if you have lvl7 skill that is not available til lvl 63 then your level 15 cannot use that skill or any previous level of that skill until it reaches the required level.
Will need to do a stat and skill reset "depending on rebirth number" and remove the level 70 gear and weapon the toon is wearing. prior to level change then your player will have to buy skills and assign stat point's all over again.

Also UM lvl 70 x2 = 18 Points per level will be overkill in my opinion. "Example lvl 15 Pvp with 756 points assigned" not counting lapis gear or enchant's will equal level 15's doing over 4k hit's easy

Imagine if you will a server after 5 rebirth's a level 15 with 3231 statpoints to assign...