Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > Seafight
You last visited: Today at 16:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Legal actions from BP against bot developers

Discussion on Legal actions from BP against bot developers within the Seafight forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old 01/01/2014, 12:03   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by comproputas View Post
English only. Sorry.

Acording to what seren from the english forum posted:

Penal aspect:

Some of you may think that you can get in legal trouble for developing bots for what that post says, but there are no laws about "creating automatisms to perform an action for you in a browser game", so you wouldn't go to jail under any circumstances.

Economical aspect:

In seafight, you may purchase pearls, cannons, etc. These are intangible goods, and as so, no value can be asignated to them in case you get a lawsuit from BP with the excuse of " you are costing us money".

If you get contacted by Bigpoint for a reazon related to what I explained above, feel free to PM me for advise.

§ 263a STGB
Old 01/01/2014, 13:48   #17

scar can be detected
Low scripts drive the same cordinations ... and then you start the scar vor a long time..20hours.. then the scirpt drives often the same way also you play with this bot many day on seafight its not interesting what map he see your bsp glitzi drive ways
yes BP **** all ;D
Old 01/01/2014, 14:48   #18

Terms and conditions of use does not come into account in these cases?
Old 01/01/2014, 17:32   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by securitysafe View Post
Terms and conditions of use does not come into account in these cases?
What do you mean? BOTs are directly stated as forbidden under the T&C's. I'm guessing that if BP really is following up with legal action, they lead with a cease and desist order based on the developers using programs to manipulate the stated rules. Or something along those lines. I highly doubt anyone who has been contacted by BP about this could or would talk about what the process involves, and any decent attorney is going to tell them not to speak about it to anyone at all.
Old 01/01/2014, 19:40   #20

elite*gold: 98
Received Thanks: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaudax View Post
If you're so worried about getting sued by them, then at least host the program (or website) in a country where the game's company cannot sue or stop you. Netherlands for example...
Ye Netherlands is just stupid.. WServer 2003 and W XP at all offices, and "Opstelten" doesn't want any upgrades, we even have a "Leak" site, which is just passing all your info trought SSL to the Haagland Police Office directly, and then they call it safe and trusted lol.

Also they have a bunch of cool tools to detect and filter keywords like this: Bom, Doden, Moord plegen.. I bet this topic is coming into it, I hope they check it becuz there are things they REALLY have to upgrade nowadays.
Old 01/03/2014, 17:47   #21

they do have a price on pearls you moron on the us server its 12 dollars for 30k pearls so therefor is a price for value

Tags
bot, bots, lawsuite