Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > S4 League
You last visited: Today at 10:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

S4 Leage Sueing people?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation S4 Leage Sueing people?

(sorry if any spelling are wrong) This may seem like a strange first post, But i read on the official S4 forums that people are going to be fined for "hacking", resource editing, etc. I was wondering if anyone has been fined yet or whether this whole thing is a hoax to scare people off. If you do know anyone who has been fined could you please tell me, as all of my friends haven't been fined yet, but they have stopped playing S4 until they have verification on whether this is true or not.

Thankyou for any replys

Old 01/07/2010, 02:07   #2

Yeah, Someone said that on s4.
Hmm, seems like some bs to me.
They just said in
that they will be banning people
now in this one its sueing?

Then you look in their TOS
were does it say that?

This has to be a bluff, to try and scare the hackers

Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2010, 20:15   #3

Received Thanks: 6,753
Fixxed
Old 01/08/2010, 12:07   #4

I lol'd at alaplaya.

Old 01/08/2010, 12:20   #5

Theoretically, they CAN add it into their terms of service, however as it stands, they cannot legally do anything from what I understand. As far as I can tell, these are empty threats for a few reasons.

1) IP tracking will usually lead to the ISP office of your region rather than directly to your house or computer.
2) Your ISP will not divulge any information regarding you or your internet activities without an extremely good reason. Game hacking is not considered something high on the priority list for any government agency or your ISP. Privacy policy = good.
3) Their TOS states:
Quote:
XIV. Applicable law, amendments to these GTB, safeguarding clause

1. Burda:ic reserves the right to change these GTB at any time and without giving reasons. The amended terms will be sent to you by e-mail at least two weeks before they come into force. If you do not object to the application of the new GTB within two weeks after receipt of the e-mail, the amended GTB will be regarded as having been accepted. Burda:ic will point out the importance of this two-week deadline in the e-mail containing the amended terms of business.
Technically speaking, if you do not receive an email about the GTB being changed and you are taken to court with the GTB's quoted, without having received an email, that's a whole different legal fiasco.
Old 01/09/2010, 17:16   #6

I dont believe it.

Tags
fined, s4, sue

« [SUCHE] Einen Sniperbot!!![FUNZENDEN] | [Frage]Speed »