Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > S4 League
You last visited: Today at 19:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ENG]Will you be the first one to get sued? Test you luck now! (Alaplaya sues hacker)

Discussion on [ENG]Will you be the first one to get sued? Test you luck now! (Alaplaya sues hacker) within the S4 League forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[ENG]Will you be the first one to get sued? Test you luck now! (Alaplaya sues hacker)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womber
Within the last few days we noticed massive interferences in the structure of S4League. We would like to point out, that S4League - like all other games hosted by alaplaya - is protected by copyright and modifications or changes on the game are infringements of copyright.

We are entitled to take legal actions against such infringements and are willing to do so.

For the individuals it would mean that each one has to be aware that he get a written warning with costs from a lawyer (costs will be a 4 digit amount of Euros) plus additional possible compensation for loss suffered which can be up to several thousands euros.

Again: we are willing to take all legal actions to prevent further interferences.

Wouldn't be the first one getting sued for hacking. Well, good luck getting the honorable doubt of winning a large-*** amount of money you'll have to pay to alaplaya. I fully support them though, and I'm starting to like them. They actually care about the players and do anything to keep the game safe.

Makes me realize I actually got lucky with an account ban.
Old 01/05/2010, 19:54   #2

Je suis dégouter lol maintenan il fons ça...
Old 01/05/2010, 20:17   #3

Fail.

Oh... Womber said that? The same Womber that stated:

Bullshits.
Failaplaya doesn't have time and power to do such things. They're saying this just to scare people (and it won't work obviously, since 90% of the players don't even visit the forum).

I would also like to note that there's nothing in the Code Of Conduct stating anything about copyright infridgments (but after all, there is no rule saying anything about getting banned for "AFK farming" and things like that).

Also, how are they supposed to catch legally someone that is using a proxy?

How to actually stop the hackers from S4? Making us download a 1GB big patch containing the re-encrypted resources... that looks like the only possible way for me, and I've heared that Pentavision is working on it. So when the patch comes out, the hackers outbreak will be terminated.

The day when someone will pay a "4 digit amount of Euros" for just downloading a 1MB tool to hack a failish online game, just call me and you will LOL at me as much as you want. Come on... have you ever heared about something like that in other online games?

BTW, Asiro, just a single person messed up everything. Epic win for him.

Failaplaya trolled us once again.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/05/2010, 20:42   #4

X. Software, copyright

1. Burda:ic provides you with software as part of the Services. Burda:ic grants you the non-exclusive right, limited to the duration of the usage of the Services, to use the software as part of a non-commercial usage on a single computer. You may only make copies of this software as a backup and for archiving for personal purposes, unless Burda:ic explicitly allows you to pass on the software. The client program for the use of individual Services can be freely copied and forwarded by anyone. You undertake to retain, on any copies of the software, the notes on intellectual property contained in this software and to comply with the laws relating to the use of software.

2. You are not allowed to reproduce the software for payment or to make the software available to third parties in return for payment or to lend for payment or rent for payment the software or rights thereto or to transfer such in any other form to third parties for payment or to change or translate the software, to apply reverse engineering, to decompile or disassemble the software or to create other derivates based on the software.

3. The rights to the intellectual property of all contents of the Services and other property rights to the software remain with Burda:ic and/or its suppliers and licensors.

- Right there, my friend.
Old 01/05/2010, 21:16   #5

Err... Asiro and the guys that are using the S4Resource didn't release a fully downloadable modifyied client, but just .TXT files (Asiro technically released just a piece of text in a post).

Well, applying reversing/disassembly and things like that... everyone is guilty for that ^^
Old 01/05/2010, 21:39   #6

and as they do to go up again to those that use S4Resource?
Do those that come banned risk only that is?

Sorry for my english
Old 01/05/2010, 21:53   #7

elite*gold: 7110
Received Thanks: 25,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDestruct View Post

Wouldn't be the first one getting sued for hacking. Well, good luck getting the honorable doubt of winning a large-ass amount of money you'll have to pay to alaplaya. I fully support them though, and I'm starting to like them. They actually care about the players and do anything to keep the game safe.

Makes me realize I actually got lucky with an account ban.
Very stupid sentence
You may have to pay much money anyway.
You are not safe because you got just a bann atm.

Quote:
Terms & Conditions - alaplaya - alaplaya.net

X. Software, copyright

1. Burda:ic provides you with software as part of the Services. Burda:ic grants you the non-exclusive right, limited to the duration of the usage of the Services, to use the software as part of a non-commercial usage on a single computer. You may only make copies of this software as a backup and for archiving for personal purposes, unless Burda:ic explicitly allows you to pass on the software. The client program for the use of individual Services can be freely copied and forwarded by anyone. You undertake to retain, on any copies of the software, the notes on intellectual property contained in this software and to comply with the laws relating to the use of software.

2. You are not allowed to reproduce the software for payment or to make the software available to third parties in return for payment or to lend for payment or rent for payment the software or rights thereto or to transfer such in any other form to third parties for payment or to change or translate the software, to apply reverse engineering, to decompile or disassemble the software or to create other derivates based on the software.

3. The rights to the intellectual property of all contents of the Services and other property rights to the software remain with Burda:ic and/or its suppliers and licensors.

- Right there, my friend.
YOU FAILED

the Terms & Conditions have nothing to do with that.