Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > S4 League
You last visited: Today at 19:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

eSper League - Private Server

Discussion on eSper League - Private Server within the S4 League forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb eSper League - Private Server

We're proud today, to unveil the eSper League project, a better S4 League game experience, free to play!

What is « eSper League »?

eSper League is a project started by 6 french guys, based on Netsphere Pirates project. The idea is to offer to the community a real alternative to the official game. We heard about wtfblub's work (Netsphere Pirates) and we wanted to contribute with him to the community, because we have the same ideas (making a S4 League game without premium-******-stats and enjoyable by everyone). We don't expect to add any premium stats and there won't be any donations system for the moment. Meaning our server will be independant, 100% free to play with the best experience we can offer to you guys.

How to register?

Nothing complicated.
When we're done with the client and the Alpha phase, we will release our server, and you'll be able to register on the dedicated website. We can't give an exact deadline, but in approximativly one or two months you'll be probably able to play on a stable version of our server.

How to contact us?

You can add "Slypherion" on skype, or just ask us on this topic, we will try to answer your questions as quickly as possible.
We will provide more information about this project when time comes.

STAFF

Project Leader: Slypherion
Development Team: Tyr, Brokeos, Lyyn
Communication & Graphic Team : Saeko, Vivi
Moderation Coordinators: Ishka, Majin, Beerl
Based on: Netsphere Pirates (@wtfblub's work)

How to help us?

- You can contact "slypherion" on Skype.
- We don't need any donations for now.

Brace yourselves.

Special thanks to wtfblub, & the eSper League crew.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/07/2016, 01:12   #2

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 1,857
Me as a part of the mod-team is counting on you guys to bring back the old, loved s4 ^^'
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2016, 01:20   #3

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 3,096
Wow, let's open the 1000st P-Server!
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2016, 01:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverixz View Post
Me as a part of the mod-team is counting on you guys to bring back the old, loved s4 ^^'
Well said. ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMokko View Post
Wow, let's open the 1000st P-Server!
I already know that we're not the first group that open a thread about S4 League private server, but we're motivated and really want to revive the game, furthermore we have a competent team, that's why i'm optimist.

Btw, our launcher is 85% OK.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/07/2016, 01:50   #5

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 3,096
Do you will add an hackshield? Why I wrote antivir? Lol xd Braindead xD
Otherways it's pretty easy to create hacks => The Game is lost like S4 EU

Btw: Here's a german Version of your Thread:
Old 05/07/2016, 02:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMokko View Post
Do you will add an antivir?
Otherways it's pretty easy to create hacks => The Game is lost like S4 EU
Antivir ? Do you mean a hackshield ?

If yes, in my point of view a hackshield is useless on a game like S4 League, hackers will allways find a way to use their cheats, except if information are serversided. To encourage people not to cheat, we'll simply introduce measures to annoy hackers (we're working on it), and implement the votekick system. There will be game masters too.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2016, 03:46   #7
Trade Restricted

elite*gold: 20
Good luck~
Old 05/07/2016, 10:29   #8

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 6,198
XD
What a shame.
Old 05/07/2016, 16:42   #9

elite*gold: 26
Received Thanks: 18,847
So you want to just reuse Pinki's source without making any improvements? I don't want to criticize Pinki's server source, but, handling S4 in the same way as the official server does is very ineffecient and ends up with a total lack of security.

To all current and prospective server developers:

You aren't even a real developer if you're just using someone else's work without improving anything, that's lazy and inefficient. A real developer uses someone's source as a foundation for his own work, they don't just copy it and do nothing at all to improve it. Anyone with half a brain can copy someone's work. A real developer knows there's always room for improvement, and not to just rely on someone else's base foundation simply because it works. Pinki laid out the ground work, now prove you have more than half a brain and do something with it other than copy and paste. Otherwise, quit insulting real developers with your plagiarism.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 05/07/2016, 17:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1ramoX View Post
So you want to just reuse Pinki's source without making any improvements? I don't want to criticize Pinki's server source, but, handling S4 in the same way as the official server does is very ineffecient and ends up with a total lack of security.

To all current and prospective server developers:

You aren't even a real developer if you're just using someone else's work without improving anything, that's lazy and inefficient. A real developer uses someone's source as a foundation for his own work, they don't just copy it and do nothing at all to improve it. Anyone with half a brain can copy someone's work. A real developer knows there's always room for improvement, and not to just rely on someone else's base foundation simply because it works. Pinki laid out the ground work, now prove you have more than half a brain and do something with it other than copy and paste. Otherwise, quit insulting real developers with your plagiarism.
I understand what you mean, we have the same opinion.

We never said we weren't going to work on the netsphere pirates emulator, otherwise we wouldn't need 3 programmers and two designers... As i said before, our emulator will be BASED on wtfblub's work, but we want to carry his work further. This will take time, but with motivation and effort we will get there. We WON'T just copy/paste wtfblub's work, it wouldn't be respectful. For the moment we're trying to understand the wtfblub's work, without any documentation it's pretty hard.

By the way, we won't just """mod""" the client as other pservers did, we want to provide a good experience to the players.

So, why we don't make our own emulator ? Because wtfblub released his own emulator, which is also good. It's a waste of time to start from nothing when there is a project like netsphere pirates.

Furthermore, we welcome the Pentaleague, we need more serious S4 League projects, it will be more difficult for Aeria Games to close them all.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/13/2016, 17:32   #11

can i test server?

xLiay-
Old 09/14/2016, 12:56   #12

can i join the team ?!
Old 09/14/2016, 17:03   #13

Received Thanks: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShekoHex View Post
can i join the team ?!
u r kidding rn or?!
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/14/2016, 22:23   #14

That Private Server will have all items?
Old 09/15/2016, 14:09   #15

It have died long time ago. There is only one private server exist at time: