Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > S4 League
You last visited: Today at 20:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Regarding S4 League Ports

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Regarding S4 League Ports

I'm trying to port forward S4 League since my Modem is restraining the ports..
But whenever I try to port forward , this error shows

This also happens when I try to forward any other ports too ...
I'm using Belkin F5D7634-4V2 modem..

I'm desperate to solve this.. someone put me out of my lagging misery...

Old   #2

Meh, Belkin.

Enable UPnP, and try using this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] forums
Requirement: .NET Framework 2 or higher, usually installed by default these days, also available through Windows Update (Recommended installation method) or
here : Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Router with UPnP support enabled.
How to use: Extract, and execute S4UPnP.exe, if path to S4 League is not the right one press Browse...
and select path to S4 League installation.
The Add Recommended Ports option enable those other ports that are usually recommended for S4 League.
Save Settings saves the settings, and Reset Settings reverts them.

Launch and Add Ports will start the Patcher and click on the Start Button, then wait for S4League.exe to be started to add the ports required to router firewall. The two Add buttons should turn Green if it did send the add ports to router.
Otherwise some generic error may appear, which mostly likely UPnP not available on router or enabled.

Add Ports does same as above, but expects the S4 Client to be already running.

Remove Ports will remove any ports added by the program.
Make sure you give it Administer-level privileges, as well, or it might not run right.

This is only a temporary measure, I'll look into something more permanent when I get back (assuming someone else doesn't first).

Edit: following up on this...
I looked up your particular problem online, and it...appears to be a common problem on this model and models "around" it. I'd try making sure that you have a static IP adress set on your computer and, if that doesn't let you manually forward ports, put your computer in the router's DMZ to completely skip the router's filtering.
You could also set your router to Access Point mode, which would basically take it out of the equation completely, making all traffic directly go to/come from your modem. Make sure to set it up right before switching if you decide to; you can find a copy of your router's manual online by googling the model number.

g'luck~

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Well , at first . I've tried the uPnP and it works just a little by eliminating the overwhelming RT. But ht lag just still the same.
So I've done created a static IP and the DMZ. I'm gonna test it if there's any significant change..

EDIT :
YES ! Finally , I can play with a person beside me without having 1744ms RT !
Thnx A Lot "BlankPerson" , you've made my day,till the day I stop playing S4