Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 02:44

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Essence Rohan | Pve/Pvp 99 Server

Closed Thread
 
Old   #1
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Received Thanks: 5
Essence Rohan | Pve/Pvp 99 Server

Welcome to Essence Rohan!

So we've been testing several other servers and playing around with things in-game. We came to a discussion that we would try and work on releasing a 99 modified rohan server. Oldschool, Vanilla'ed skills except CD times & nothing changed too too much in the game. We really imagined a true fun (balanced as much as we can) server with some added-on content overtime.

This server that we're releasing is very basic, but has some additional features we've implemented ourselves in the game. Such as, A new GH (player gathering) spot, Custom quests, leveling spots, new bosses, and new costumes... As you would say the server is oldschool 99 but unique in a way.

Brief description:
This server will resemble xor & oldschool rohan feeling but a slight twist to our standards. The gameplay will be PVE/PVP, It will be required to farm 2 win without having to pay for donated armor,weps,rings etc or things being easily obtainable ingame. Rates have been set to be low rather than high because the server's plan is to make the game more time consuming and work for your gears and earn them, instead of getting them within hours. The server gameplay will be sort of plain jane, but meaningful & purposeful.. All farming spots from back then will be useful again, All bosses from Ahkma to R5 back in action meaning R5 will be the best bosses ingame. There will be no hazy map nor ruler aswell and bezemut & elizabeth and the ronelia underground cell bosses will be temporary unavailable till updated. No IP Mall everything crone based & No twins untill further notice. The server will have daily,weekly & monthly quests to keep players occupied and frequent server events & pvps is the plan as the server progresses to occupy the community.

Sneak Peak Details:
- Max Level 99
- Non-Heroic
- Low Damage & HP Server
- Everything Crone Based
- No Fused Pets "Basic pets stats have been reworked"
- HK Server "No HK over 24hrs"
- Flexible starter items, "Nothing extremely op, Or too noobish"

Exp, Drop, Crone Drop Rates:

Rates:

Server Status v.v
The server isn't currently online & released for OBT yet. The planned server release is february 23rd but isn't 100% final. CBT will last 2-4 days and will start in 1-2 Days.

If you'd like to join the servers community and join as a player and not miss out on the fun feel free to join our discord & take a look at our website (100% Official Website being released later) as the links will be provided below.

- Note: This server is for players that want to spend there time and invest on a server and grind and earn what they get and grind to be the best ingame. We would like to try and bring back old times but keep some 2015-2018 rohan gameplay in and have fun overall.

******

- PS: Before it happens, let us say that negative comments will be ignored, please don't take anything personal. We're just focusing on the server and it's release and expectations. All questions,concerns & comments we feel important & necessary to us, or beneficial, will be answered as fast as we can.

Discord:
Website:
Fanpage/FB Group:
Server Trailer:
Backlink: At the bottom of the servers website



EssenceStaff is offline  
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #2
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 136
Received Thanks: 53
With this exp rate it will be miracle if you reach 100 online at your best. And this drop rate will get you max part every 3-4hours, do you really believe someone will actually farm 1 month for 140pd non enchanted bedron xD?


AbsoSN is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #3
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 172
Received Thanks: 36
Ppl will prefer to buy donated gear instead of farming for 140pd bedron
Nobody like irohan exp rates,trust me
around 7-15 days CTB would be better than 2-4,nothing deep(all the things) could be tested for 2-4 days
kristian4 is offline  
Old   #4
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 51
Received Thanks: 36
Let's be real for a sec, who wants to play a pserver with irohan rates? You must be mad. Nobody has that patience anymore, even with HK 24/7, they'll get bored fast... It shouldn't take more than 3-4 days to reach max level and to forge a decent armor...I think it's a bad idea to create a server who wants to be like "xor". People still had that hype about rohan 4-5 years ago, that's why people enjoyed it that much..


SmSong is offline  
Old   #5
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Received Thanks: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoSN View Post
With this exp rate it will be miracle if you reach 100 online at your best. And this drop rate will get you max part every 3-4hours, do you really believe someone will actually farm 1 month for 140pd non enchanted bedron xD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian4 View Post
Ppl will prefer to buy donated gear instead of farming for 140pd bedron
Nobody like irohan exp rates,trust me
around 7-15 days CTB would be better than 2-4,nothing deep(all the things) could be tested for 2-4 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSong View Post
Let's be real for a sec, who wants to play a pserver with irohan rates? You must be mad. Nobody has that patience anymore, even with HK 24/7, they'll get bored fast... It shouldn't take more than 3-4 days to reach max level and to forge a decent armor...I think it's a bad idea to create a server who wants to be like "xor". People still had that hype about rohan 4-5 years ago, that's why people enjoyed it that much..
Thanks for the feedback.. We've tested the rates ourselves and they weren't quiet that bad leveling it took about 2-4hrs solo to get to 50-60 but that depends on the class and scrolls etc etc. This is why we're releasing CBT, because it'll be the testing phase for the server. We had AT were just the staff tested, now CBT is when players will test, If the rates are way to low for the players, they'll be adjusted accordingly. It's not going to take 1 month or whatever for bedron unenchanted. At most a week estimately. But as said, Rates will be adjusted and we're not trying to make the server were as it'll take months to gear because as you guys said no one will play since theres plenty of other servers & people can simply quit. Any other suggestions or feedback i'm open minded to them and happy to take feedback and help from all to create something good atleast.
EssenceStaff is offline  
Old   #6
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 172
Received Thanks: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSong View Post
Let's be real for a sec, who wants to play a pserver with irohan rates? You must be mad. Nobody has that patience anymore, even with HK 24/7, they'll get bored fast... It shouldn't take more than 3-4 days to reach max level and to forge a decent armor...I think it's a bad idea to create a server who wants to be like "xor". People still had that hype about rohan 4-5 years ago, that's why people enjoyed it that much..
People that started playing ROHAN in 2008 were 10-15 yrs old,now they r 20-25,ofc its obv that will get bored fast and nobody can effort to spend nights farming atm
kristian4 is offline  
Old   #7
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 129
Received Thanks: 52
I think your exp rate is a recipe for failure, like we've seen with so many other 2015 and onward servers. Xor Rohan's exp rate was too fast, and servers like DarkGamerz were too slow. Stuff like a flat x5 or x25 exp rate is NOT ideal, because at some points it's too fast (1-60) and at others (75+) it's too slow. What we need devs to start doing is make the leveling speed constant throughout so it doesn't ever get boring.

Speaking of boring, I don't see anything stated that another "Old School" server hasn't already done... Here's something I'd like to see- Variable Boss Drops:

Instead of a boss drop always giving the same stat bonuses, it should be varied with parameters. What do I mean? Well, look at Wings of Solemn Death. It always drops as +15 SDV- 33% Str, 33% Dex, and 33% Vit. What if it could drop a Wing that gives +22 Str, +14 Dex, and 9 Vit? It's still all Strength, Dex, Vit, and gives 45 stat points overall, the difference is the proportions.

This would make boss hunting more exciting. Guilds would fight them even after their guild members have a full set, because it may not be exactly what they want, but they can personalize their build however they want.

You could use Wings that give +32 Vit, + 7 Str, 6 Dex, and be a Tank, or use Wings that give + 20 Str, + 20 Dex, 5 Vit, and be a Hybrid killing machine. This would satisfy the large portion of Indonesian players who love to be able to kill anybody in 5-10 seconds, at the cost of not being able to take a lot of damage, themselves.

How would you put this in the game? I don't know if it can be coded, but the idea would be that when the Accessory drops, Ex. a Wing of Solemn Death, the first stat can be higher or lower than 15 by up to 75%, which gives us a range of 4-26,

I rolled 25 for STR on google's RNG generator. This leaves us with 15 stat points left to go into Dex and Vit, the Strength has taken 55.5% of the maximum stat points allowed on it, so 45.5% is left for the Dex and Vit. Like the Str, neither of these values is allowed to be lower than 4 or higher than 26, and there are only 15 stat points left, so what now? There would be another RNG for Dexterity, giving it a range of between 4 and 11. It can't be between 4 and 15, though, because a roll of 15 would leave no points for Vitality. A Max of 11 allows for at least 4 points of Vit, which is the mimimum. I rolled a 10 for Dex, so this leaves 5 points for Vit. 25 STR, 10 DEX, 5 VIT.

If we do it again, the first stat is STR, with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 26. This time I rolled a 6 for Str. This leaves us with 39 points left for Vitality and Dexterity. The roll for Dexterity will have a range between 4 and 26. I rolled a 15 for the Dexterity. This leaves a remainder of 24 points that go into vit. 6 STR, 15 DEX, 24 VIT.

If it's too hard, or impossible to code random boss drop accessories, then you could just create all the possible stat combinations and put them in a big drop table that is predetermined, which would basically have the same effect as being random.

Another thing I'd like to see gone is Gladiator, Mage, and Ranger License. A Str Dhan gets a boost in damage from his Almighty Scroll AND his Gladiator License. The Agi Dhan only gets a boost from the Almighty Scroll, which is unfair. The same applies for Str Guardians vs Dex Guardians, Psy Wizards vs Warlocks, etc. There's also the issue of Templars getting two boosts from the Gladiator and Mage Licenses.

I want to see Licenses removed, and Health, Pdef, and Mana and Almighty Scrolls capped at 10%. There should be one main scroll for each stat. A Red-colored Alm Scroll for Str, White for Vit, Orange for Dex, Green for Agi, Blue for Int, and Purple for Psyche.
20% could be obtainable in-game, and 30% from events/Item Mall. They should all be mutually exclusive, so you are restricted to only using one at a time.

A full Str Dhan can no longer have a 30% HP, PD, and Alm Scroll, so his ability to take attacks will be very limited. Only his killing power would be greatly boosted. A Priest would have to choose between a very large boost in Health or a very large boost in Psyche.

These last two points were just my opinions, but one thing you must NOT do under any circumstances is flood the game with +X Attack and +X All Stat bonuses. When you add the former, everybody dies crazy fast because defense hardly matters. Melee classes like Str Dekans and Str Guardians that are normally tanky against Str Dhans are now always a 1-2 shot. The Guardian can't survive long enough to perform his combo, the Dekan doesn't have any chance at all to survive with Health Funnel.

PvP ends up just being a bunch of Str Dhans, Rangers, and Int Dekans using hit and run tactic to fight because as soon as you get caught by anybody you die if you're not full Vit.

If you add too much All Stat crap, Agi Dhans' evasion becomes totally useless, skills like Mana Burn and Blue Suction lose effectiveness, and the four elemental skills, start hitting 0's, because everybody has a ton of Int and Psyche. You as a Guardian are hitting 1000+0 Frozen on a Str Dhan, while he's hitting 600+300 Invenom, which ignores elemental resistance.
Glixxer is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 51
Received Thanks: 36
@kristian4 I'm one of them so yea, there's no more patience for that kind of farm. Even with HK is going to be a long way ahead. They rlly have to change the rates.
SmSong is offline  
Old   #9
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Received Thanks: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
I think your exp rate is a recipe for failure, like we've seen with so many other 2015 and onward servers. Xor Rohan's exp rate was too fast, and servers like DarkGamerz were too slow. Stuff like a flat x5 or x25 exp rate is NOT ideal, because at some points it's too fast (1-60) and at others (75+) it's too slow. What we need devs to start doing is make the leveling speed constant throughout so it doesn't ever get boring.

Speaking of boring, I don't see anything stated that another "Old School" server hasn't already done... Here's something I'd like to see- Variable Boss Drops:

Instead of a boss drop always giving the same stat bonuses, it should be varied with parameters. What do I mean? Well, look at Wings of Solemn Death. It always drops as +15 SDV- 33% Str, 33% Dex, and 33% Vit. What if it could drop a Wing that gives +22 Str, +14 Dex, and 9 Vit? It's still all Strength, Dex, Vit, and gives 45 stat points overall, the difference is the proportions.

This would make boss hunting more exciting. Guilds would fight them even after their guild members have a full set, because it may not be exactly what they want, but they can personalize their build however they want.

You could use Wings that give +32 Vit, + 7 Str, 6 Dex, and be a Tank, or use Wings that give + 20 Str, + 20 Dex, 5 Vit, and be a Hybrid killing machine. This would satisfy the large portion of Indonesian players who love to be able to kill anybody in 5-10 seconds, at the cost of not being able to take a lot of damage, themselves.

How would you put this in the game? I don't know if it can be coded, but the idea would be that when the Accessory drops, Ex. a Wing of Solemn Death, the first stat can be higher or lower than 15 by up to 75%, which gives us a range of 4-26,

I rolled 25 for STR on google's RNG generator. This leaves us with 15 stat points left to go into Dex and Vit, the Strength has taken 55.5% of the maximum stat points allowed on it, so 45.5% is left for the Dex and Vit. Like the Str, neither of these values is allowed to be lower than 4 or higher than 26, and there are only 15 stat points left, so what now? There would be another RNG for Dexterity, giving it a range of between 4 and 11. It can't be between 4 and 15, though, because a roll of 15 would leave no points for Vitality. A Max of 11 allows for at least 4 points of Vit, which is the mimimum. I rolled a 10 for Dex, so this leaves 5 points for Vit. 25 STR, 10 DEX, 5 VIT.

If we do it again, the first stat is STR, with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 26. This time I rolled a 6 for Str. This leaves us with 39 points left for Vitality and Dexterity. The roll for Dexterity will have a range between 4 and 26. I rolled a 15 for the Dexterity. This leaves a remainder of 24 points that go into vit. 6 STR, 15 DEX, 24 VIT.

If it's too hard, or impossible to code random boss drop accessories, then you could just create all the possible stat combinations and put them in a big drop table that is predetermined, which would basically have the same effect as being random.

Another thing I'd like to see gone is Gladiator, Mage, and Ranger License. A Str Dhan gets a boost in damage from his Almighty Scroll AND his Gladiator License. The Agi Dhan only gets a boost from the Almighty Scroll, which is unfair. The same applies for Str Guardians vs Dex Guardians, Psy Wizards vs Warlocks, etc. There's also the issue of Templars getting two boosts from the Gladiator and Mage Licenses.

I want to see Licenses removed, and Health, Pdef, and Mana and Almighty Scrolls capped at 10%. There should be one main scroll for each stat. A Red-colored Alm Scroll for Str, White for Vit, Orange for Dex, Green for Agi, Blue for Int, and Purple for Psyche.
20% could be obtainable in-game, and 30% from events/Item Mall. They should all be mutually exclusive, so you are restricted to only using one at a time.

A full Str Dhan can no longer have a 30% HP, PD, and Alm Scroll, so his ability to take attacks will be very limited. Only his killing power would be greatly boosted. A Priest would have to choose between a very large boost in Health or a very large boost in Psyche.

These last two points were just my opinions, but one thing you must NOT do under any circumstances is flood the game with +X Attack and +X All Stat bonuses. When you add the former, everybody dies crazy fast because defense hardly matters. Melee classes like Str Dekans and Str Guardians that are normally tanky against Str Dhans are now always a 1-2 shot. The Guardian can't survive long enough to perform his combo, the Dekan doesn't have any chance at all to survive with Health Funnel.

PvP ends up just being a bunch of Str Dhans, Rangers, and Int Dekans using hit and run tactic to fight because as soon as you get caught by anybody you die if you're not full Vit.

If you add too much All Stat crap, Agi Dhans' evasion becomes totally useless, skills like Mana Burn and Blue Suction lose effectiveness, and the four elemental skills, start hitting 0's, because everybody has a ton of Int and Psyche. You as a Guardian are hitting 1000+0 Frozen on a Str Dhan, while he's hitting 600+300 Invenom, which ignores elemental resistance.
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback...

This idea of what you said before about boss drops giving "+32 Vit, + 7 Str, 6 Dex", I totally agree & already has been done implemented in the server already predetermined set just randomly dropped. Also because we want rings to match any players needs that they desire to try. Not a flat rate of 45sdv like the basic every rohan servers plan.

The server won't be flooded with all stats & atk rings etc because that ruins the game and turns into an indo cancer server which ruins the basic origins of rohan itself. All stats & Atk rings stack up to quick with all of the other enhancements in game via scrolls & talismans & costumes aswell as buffs. Each class will be different from another, especially there build due to what rings they pick. Do they want to represent as a more dps/dmg side or more of a tank/support side. Which will be unique too fight different types of builds on a daily basis, not the same thing.

Scrolls, Have been limited to 10% & 15% from events (that'll rarely occur)

Rates overall,
We'll see during CBT what rates people perfer a slight boost or the rates already set. If anything i was thinking from x6-8 boosted it to x10-x15 if needed, but the main goal is to have people earn and grind for what they have and deserve it. A purposeful server. In rohan there will always be a dilemma of pros & cons but we as a upcoming server will try to make a suitable gameplay for all different people of different aspects of people who love the game to enjoy regardless.. There will always be improvements and things people think should be changed in the server but we'll try out best
EssenceStaff is offline  
Old   #10
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 51
Received Thanks: 36
@EssenceStaff Try to find a way to increase the exp and make them to play together... That was all about on xor. I mean you barely saw people doing solo. Parties everywhere....
SmSong is offline  
Old   #11
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Received Thanks: 5
UPDATE

We most likely will be implementing a new quest system that applies to farming & grinding. The best rings will be obtainable through these quests. The quests will be party quests that you have to farm custom mobs we create throughout the servers maps in custom farming spots we've made for these quests. The mobs will do good damage making you have to have a priest or have you not be able to afk with just a party of 5 alts. This will have everyone hopefully farming throughout the servers maps & pvp fights over farming/questing spots all over the game not just a specific boss fighting spot.. R5 and the wing silva will still drop the best ring with slightly better than then the quest rings but have a very low drop rate.

Also,
We've increased the servers rates and adjusted them a bit. We're still testing but the Exp & Drop rates will be around x12-x15. We release CBT tomorrow and we will finalize the x12-x15 rate in a couple of days.
EssenceStaff is offline  
Old   #12
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,042
Received Thanks: 609
Looks like a good start. It will need adjustment through cbt and obt, but overall is looks decent enough to satisfy the legacy players. I don't think slow exp is a bad thing. It gives players a chance to learn the full capabilities of their toon on your server's settings. irohan screws the pooch because they lost track of managing balance. if you can keep the balance un der control, the slower leveling will be fine. you only have to go to 99 to hit endgame after all.

I like your website presentation. Good job there.
im batman is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 26
Received Thanks: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Looks like a good start. It will need adjustment through cbt and obt, but overall is looks decent enough to satisfy the legacy players. I don't think slow exp is a bad thing. It gives players a chance to learn the full capabilities of their toon on your server's settings. irohan screws the pooch because they lost track of managing balance. if you can keep the balance un der control, the slower leveling will be fine. you only have to go to 99 to hit endgame after all.

I like your website presentation. Good job there.
Thank you for the positive feedback & liking of our website. Yeah personally for us playing rohan since it opened back in 2007-2008, Slower leveling we personally perferred. Not as slow as irohan but to a point were not everyone's the same level. I do remember back when people got hyped for being level 50 and being able to kill someone level 80 it defines your skills, your gear tactics & your toon aswell as you stated above. And the feeling of hitting the max level cap is worth it. Balancing will be major problem all ways but we'll try our best to keep it balanced and basic. If we start adding things out of the norm to spoil players and use to many player suggestions the balancitivity of the server will slowly crumble. During CBT we release tomorrow we'll be tweaking a lot of things only if neccessary to keep the game balanced and on track, so updates will be posted.
Thanks
EssenceStaff is offline  
Old   #14
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 172
Received Thanks: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Looks like a good start. It will need adjustment through cbt and obt, but overall is looks decent enough to satisfy the legacy players. I don't think slow exp is a bad thing. It gives players a chance to learn the full capabilities of their toon on your server's settings. irohan screws the pooch because they lost track of managing balance. if you can keep the balance un der control, the slower leveling will be fine. you only have to go to 99 to hit endgame after all.

I like your website presentation. Good job there.
I guess every1 know how to play their chars at max
kristian4 is offline  
Old   #15
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,042
Received Thanks: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian4 View Post
I guess every1 know how to play their chars at max
If the going is slow and there are no shortcuts (like buying your toons or super fast 1-day leveling to endgame) you have time and practice learning to play just about any class at its best. Some classes need you to develop skill with timing and using defensive + offensive skills. It's not always as simple as turn on reflect, run out of sz, debuff, whack-whack-whack you dead, run back to sz. Sometimes you need to combo a bunch of stuff in the right order to win and that takes practice while leveling. Some classes work best in alternate roles. The slower leveling lets you figure out what those roles are and how best to use them. Level too fast and you really don't get enough practice time to make those combos second nature or learn the appropriate role for the class you chose.

Being leveled to endgame in a day you really don't get the time to learn that class well and end up being someone's *****. Of course in those servers you don't what that happening so you pick a class you are familiar with other servers you played and end up complaining to the gms when it doesn't work the way you eggspect it to. Luckily for these folks a lot of the pservers out there are cookie-cutter "me too" servers that really don't change playing dynamics all that much.


im batman is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:44.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy | Abuse
Copyright ©2018 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.