Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 16:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Essence Rohan | Pve/Pvp 99 Server

Discussion on Essence Rohan | Pve/Pvp 99 Server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 02/15/2018, 09:37   #16

elite*gold: 0
Totally agreed @ ; & We love slower leveling rates so people can actually feel what it is like to have to adjust there pvp tactics and such to play the server. Fast leveling leads to a boring server later on because you'll just be flooded with updates. Like yes, that's good to have new fun updates but at the same time grinding & farming & leveling defines a lot in rohan and it dictates the game. So we're trying to make it fun at all aspects of the game in some condition.

If anyone else has ideas or suggestions on a 99 server outlook please feel free to give feedback and comment your thoughts, questions , comments & concerns.
Old 02/15/2018, 17:55   #17

The tactics are always the same, there are 1bilion unusable skills which require huge buffs or complete rework otherwise you end up using the same stale builds that we all use, and since there are only few people who can do rework/skill replacement unless u hire them you only end up with 1 solution giving the useless skills huge buffs that would make them usable,(most of those skills scale so poorly and without rework you can just edit the numbers but thats tricky as well, since they dont really have scaling mechanism so you would end up with skills during always the same dmg no matter what which can get problematic if you tip it over the edge)
Old 02/15/2018, 21:13   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
If the going is slow and there are no shortcuts (like buying your toons or super fast 1-day leveling to endgame) you have time and practice learning to play just about any class at its best. Some classes need you to develop skill with timing and using defensive + offensive skills. It's not always as simple as turn on reflect, run out of sz, debuff, whack-whack-whack you dead, run back to sz. Sometimes you need to combo a bunch of stuff in the right order to win and that takes practice while leveling. Some classes work best in alternate roles. The slower leveling lets you figure out what those roles are and how best to use them. Level too fast and you really don't get enough practice time to make those combos second nature or learn the appropriate role for the class you chose.

Being leveled to endgame in a day you really don't get the time to learn that class well and end up being someone's bitch. Of course in those servers you don't what that happening so you pick a class you are familiar with other servers you played and end up complaining to the gms when it doesn't work the way you eggspect it to. Luckily for these folks a lot of the pservers out there are cookie-cutter "me too" servers that really don't change playing dynamics all that much.
In rohan skills are limited,builds are limited,classes are limited,for what r u talking? I tested all in my 10 yrs old rohan exp,believe me,as smoka said,they are some unused bugged skills that r never used.Atleast old rohan...some skills were replaced and there we had a chance to try something new out.Ammad also had some replaced skills,but it was invenom to every class if i remmember well.However ,ppl ,old rohan players tested many build and know how to play their chars
Old 02/15/2018, 22:21   #19

Not always. If you really think that you have been going to cookie cutter servers. If you think not see how well your 10 years of experience works in Rohan Origin. If you think the usual temp, dhan or vit dekan kicks *** there, you would be in for a big shock when a scout or warlock kicks yours and takes your lunch money to boot. Of course without the slow exp rate there you wouldn't find that out.

In short people that know what they are doing can make a Rohan that really does need to be leveled slowly to learn - even for those who have been playing the game *steadily* for 10 years (most are on again/off again with their actual experience). Maybe these guys are one of those. Maybe they ain't. Won't know until they open up their server and we all can see for ourselves.
Old 02/15/2018, 22:27   #20

Quote:
Not always. You have been going on the wrong servers. If you think not see how well your 10 years of experience works in Rohan Origin. If you think the usual temp, dhan or vit dekan kicks *** there, you would be in for a big shock when a scout or warlock kicks yours and takes your lunch money to boot. Of course without the slow exp rate there you wouldn't find that out.

In short people that know what they are doing can make a Rohan that really does need to be leveled slowly to learn - even for those who have been playing the game *steadily* for 10 years (most are on again/off again with their actual experience). Maybe these guys are one of those. Maybe they ain't. Won't know until they open up their server and we all can see for ourselves.
Well said.
Old 02/16/2018, 04:19   #21

I agree with everyone's posts. Rohan classes have pro's & con's and the purpose of that is because each class is suppose to have a specific role better than one another. Slow leveling rates, defines a classes strengths & weaknesses because there gear & playing tactics will actually mean something in pvp or pve.

Skills are bugged on classes and I don't disagree that there will never be a 100% rohan balance. I know some servers has replaced skills to do different things to help level out classes making them more & more equal, and i've seen servers who've just decreased the stats in a specific classes attributes and boosted others or just boosted all other classes to help fight against templars. But overall we feel that it'll take a lot more work than just reworking ingame stats of things & some skill touches (meaning nerfs or boosts) just to try and balance each class as much as possible.

Our goal is to keep all skills vanilla'ed by default. Work on skills cooldown times & casting times. If classes are too overpowered or too nerfed then we'll tweak the % of the skills & buffs if necessary. But too much playing around leads to an overall unbalance. The server resembles an oldschool gameplay meaning the server isn't flooded with OP costume stats, talisman stats or stats of items ingame period.. If we feel that it is necessary to start replacing skills or changing the procedures of them we'll do so. But for now we'll stick with the gameplan and take all positive feedback from everyone to help make something useful!
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/16/2018, 12:49   #22

Quote:
Not always. If you really think that you have been going to cookie cutter servers. If you think not see how well your 10 years of experience works in Rohan Origin. If you think the usual temp, dhan or vit dekan kicks *** there, you would be in for a big shock when a scout or warlock kicks yours and takes your lunch money to boot. Of course without the slow exp rate there you wouldn't find that out.

Many skills got changed how they scale, where they stay in the skill tree and their lv req(in origin), here i doubt that would be the case so i dont think thats a valid thing to compare to, since here wont be any skill reworks unless they get someone like @p to do that for them
Old 02/16/2018, 15:33   #23

Quick discussion question. Hopefully we can get some good feedback. So hunterkits are a main problem in every server discussion. We all know players will quit if there's no hunterkits in game. What we've decided was, to allow hunterkits ingame, through which people have to quest to get them, but there only 8-21hrs at most. We came up with that decision because, We said we could somewhat eliminate constant afk and people sitting at our new GH spot afking and pet leveling etc. Since the time won't be 24hr , 7 days or 15 days they can't kit all night and pet level or farm. And the quest won't be repeatable it'll be set for example u can only do the quest twice, 2 times a week.

What are your guys opinions on this? Good idea or not. Should we keep it original where u buy it from the crone npc, or quest for it? I'd hope & like to here what people would have to say ^^.

Thanks
Old 02/16/2018, 16:18   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssenceStaff View Post
Quick discussion question. Hopefully we can get some good feedback. So hunterkits are a main problem in every server discussion. We all know players will quit if there's no hunterkits in game. What we've decided was, to allow hunterkits ingame, through which people have to quest to get them, but there only 8-21hrs at most. We came up with that decision because, We said we could somewhat eliminate constant afk and people sitting at our new GH spot afking and pet leveling etc. Since the time won't be 24hr , 7 days or 15 days they can't kit all night and pet level or farm. And the quest won't be repeatable it'll be set for example u can only do the quest twice, 2 times a week.

What are your guys opinions on this? Good idea or not. Should we keep it original where u buy it from the crone npc, or quest for it? I'd hope & like to here what people would have to say ^^.

Thanks
You should have to quest for it, and the maximum should be 8 hours.

The thing is, Hunter Kits should only give you partial the benefit of actual grinding, that is you paying attention and doing the clicking. What you can do is have regular grinding spots, and have spots that drop better loot, with stronger monsters that stun, inflict poison, etc. The latter would require you to actually pay attention and use skills to not die, instead of just auto-attacking.

Think about it. You can have the tougher grinding spots drop option stones while the normal areas do not. However, it wouldn't matter if option stones are purchasable with crone, because people on HK would AFK farm crone and buy it, instead of putting in effort to get the drop normally in the tough spot. Speaking of Option Stones, I think that there should be 5 tiers of Armor Option Stones, if stats like Str, Dex, Agi, etc. could be added.

In my idea, Worn would be dropped by level 1-29 monsters and minibosses. Normal would be dropped by levels 30-59, Improved would be 60-79, and Adorned would be Bedron-tier, levels 80-99. Maybe the strongest end-game bosses could drop an exclusive golden one which is absolute best.

Ex. You could be killing a level 30 monster and it drops a White Worn Grace of Flox. It gives + 4 str and 10-20 crit damage reduction. A Red Worn Grace of Flox gives +4 vit instead of str, but the same crit damage reduction.

Moving up to Normal-grade, a Green Grace of Flox would give 4-6 Agi and 30-50 crit damage reduction. An Orange Improved Grace of Flox would give 6-8 Dex and 65-90 crit damage reduction. A Blue Adorned Grace of Flox would give 7-10 Int and 100-130 crit damage reduction.

These option stones should be hard to get from "regular" areas, areas where you can just put on a HK and auto-attack, so they would be hard to get. This keeps the economy alive and possible PvP over areas that drop them. Percentage effects should not be boosted. Worn and Adorned Protection of Flox both have 3-5% stun resistance, only the stat point boost would increase.

I think this is a good idea and would keep the game alive longer, but it's just speculation and it would be a lot of work to implement.
Old 02/16/2018, 17:52   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoka95 View Post
Many skills got changed how they scale, where they stay in the skill tree and their lv req(in origin), here i doubt that would be the case so i dont think thats a valid thing to compare to, since here wont be any skill reworks unless they get someone like @p to do that for them
Putting level reqs on skills is pretty easy. nothing more than simple skilltree.bin edits. Heroic Power has worked that way for 9 years. They did it to most skills in the main irohan servers too - along with removing the ability to buff others. Moving skills around in the skill tree or even removing them is pretty easy too. Hessup/Yurn even managed to create entirely new skills that appear nowhere else in the Rohan universe.

Now given that most of this (except the brand new skills - only the best devs can manage that) can be done by any halfway decent Rohan developer that cares to take the time to do it, would that not make taking the time to work with alternate classes and getting better acquainted with the way things have changed make sense?

@
A quest for HKs is a pretty good solution to something I see as a problem in Rohan. I normally am dead set against seeing HKs in a level 99 server, but having them as restricted-repeatable quest is a good idea. I would as well avoid anything that lasts over 8hrs to reduce the AFK-hunting that happens when people go off to bed leaving their HKs farming for them (the ensuing crying from farmers being hunted would deafen the most steadfast forum reader). I have always been a firm believer that if you can't be bothered sit at your computer playing a game, you really shouldn't bother playing it at all. But being able to get HKs in a very limited fashion would be a bonus to those who have worked hard to get them.
Old 02/16/2018, 18:46   #26

Like the unique idea.. We'll see what we change during CBT! We'll try and collab everything together into something good.
Old 02/16/2018, 22:22   #27

Idk why is this hatin on temps all the time.They need a small nerf and they r complitely balanced.Never played Origin(well i did ,5mins),noticed its not what i wanted and i just quit.Its not hard to be OP with str lock,nor int lock.About scouts...if their skills are well boosted,they r very good massive killers,tested them in URohan,enjoyed playing them str also.

About HK ,8-16 hrs is a good limited time.Maybe add it as a reward in minor TSB,so they might become a bit worthy to be played :P

If u replace some useless skills in rohan(like teleport for white mage) with something worthy for PVE at least would be good.I dont remmember 1 giant skill that open chests...well this is also useless keys dropping is average good
Old 02/16/2018, 22:42   #28

Quote:

@
I have always been a firm believer that if you can't be bothered sit at your computer playing a game, you really shouldn't bother playing it at all. But being able to get HKs in a very limited fashion would be a bonus to those who have worked hard to get them.
The thing about R.O.H.A.N. is that it's such an old game and the old players just don't have the time they used to have to play it and mindlessly grind as when they are 16, 17, 18, etc. People who started playing this game at say, 22 years old back in 2007, are now 33 years old. There's not a whole lot of getting around this, a lot of these old people simply won't play at all if there are no Hunter Kits, and depending on their situation I don't blame them.

Like I said in my previous comment, I believe there should be easy grinding spots like the ones in R3, and some rooms with fewer and/or tougher enemies. Monsters that hit HARD, that stun, that poison, that use powerful attack skills, like small-scale minibosses and bosses. Basically, these areas should require you to be either in a party to survive, or paying 100% of attention, not just setting your character in the middle of it and running a hunter kit.

Monsters in these rooms/areas would could have better drops rates for say, the revamped Armor Option stones idea, higher crone drops, higher SES drops, higher max-stat, loot possibly scrolls and misc. stuff like Guild Stones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian4 View Post
Idk why is this hatin on temps all the time.They need a small nerf and they r complitely balanced.Never played Origin(well i did ,5mins),noticed its not what i wanted and i just quit.Its not hard to be OP with str lock,nor int lock.About scouts...if their skills are well boosted,they r very good massive killers,tested them in URohan,enjoyed playing them str also.

About HK ,8-16 hrs is a good limited time.Maybe add it as a reward in minor TSB,so they might become a bit worthy to be played :P

If u replace some useless skills in rohan(like teleport for white mage) with something worthy for PVE at least would be good.I dont remmember 1 giant skill that open chests...well this is also useless keys dropping is average good
The problem with Templars is that they don't have any true weaknesses or shortcomings.

They're a magic class, but their PDEF isn't very low with their Mental Barrier. They can have almost the same defense as a Str Guardian, and will take 0 elemental damage.

You can't reliably 1-2-shot them, Magic Barrier every 12 seconds prevents that.

Let's say this is OG Xor rohan. The Templar has 4 51 IPV, +38 Int eyes and ears, a +30 all stat costume, a +10 all stat hat, a +30 all stat talisman, and a +40 all Gold Trophy, your mace has +25 psyche on it, you have 372 base Psyche. You have Alm, Mental Blow, a 30% Alm Scroll, and Arcane Mastery, that's a 90% boost, so you have 706 Psyche. 706x18 is 12,700.

That's 12,700 damage absorbed damage every 12 seconds. Tell me, who can deal 12,700 damage on a Templar every 12 seconds? A Str Guardian can do it with his combo, but that's almost never going to happen because of Reflection. A Str Defender has the same issue with Fixation. A Str Dragon Knight can't because he will stun himself on Reflection due to Dragon's nail, which CAN'T be deactivated. An Int Dekan can't do it because Templars have a shit-ton of Magical Defense. Warlocks and Wizards don't have a chance in hell of breaking it.

The only classes that can reliably break it in a timely manner are Rangers, Str Dhans, and Vit Dekans. So, the Templar uses Magic Barrier and it's up for a whole minute. In 12 seconds the cooldown time is over, the Ranger uses his combo and breaks the barrier, so the Templar puts up ANOTHER barrier. This barrier is broken as well, but by now Siege Shot and Speed Wind are overr. The Ranger uses Double Strike, Strip Shot, Critical Shot, and Murder Shot. The Templar is at 20% health, but Heal brings him back to 100%, so the Ranger has used all of his power and the Templar hasn't had to use a single potion.

A Vit Dekan's Forefoot Swing and Magic Barrier have basically the same cooldown times, so he can't win, either. A Dhan is basically the only thing that can kill a Templar in a head-to-head fight.

Magic Barrier is a huge issue to deal with when fighting a Templar, which is one reason why I want variable-stat boss drops. Templars would all flock to the rings with high Int and low Psy, making their barriers a lot weaker. Magic Barrier is just one of the issues, though. The next is the Constant. Fucking. Healing.

Seriously, it's bad enough that you can't stun a Templar to hold them down, but even if a Templar was stuck to the ground, you couldn't kill them. With the gear in my example, the Templar would have 1,974 Int and 706 Psyche fully buffed, how much healing power does that equate to?

Well, level 4 Heal is 400% of Int and Psyche every 4 seconds. That's 10,732 recovered health every 4 seconds. If heal is level 7, that's 18,774 health recovered every 5 seconds. Nobody can fucking deal 18,774 damage every 5 seconds, that's ridiculous... and only part of the problem. There's Group Heal which can recover 19,192 health every 20 seconds at level 7, and that's not all, there's Instant Heal which is based off 900% of the user's Int, so that's 17,766 health restored instantly every 2 minutes... and that's still not fucking it, because there's Euphoria and Euphoria. You can stand next to a Templar and use Crazy Standing on him and all they have to do is use Heal twice every 5 seconds and they won't die, they don't have to use any potions, at all. a Templar damn near has to be AFK for you to kill them.

There's of course, the issue with Reflection. It lasts too goddamn long, and the duration of Chrono needs to be shortened to that Reflection can't be used 3 times in a row.

The last problem, other than them hitting too hard, is Vanishment. Tell me why a Templar can release from any stuns and any roots every 30 seconds, when they already have a skill that grants them immunity from them, while a Scout is only able to release from roots, and only every 180 seconds. This skill should't even be available for Templars in the first place, it should just be made unusable.

Templars can't be 1-2 hit, and you can't pin them down. If you do pin them down, they will release from whatever it is and go from 5% Health to 100% in an instant.
Old 02/17/2018, 17:10   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristian4 View Post

Some of the hating comes from the Templar's ability to double-dip enhancements. It has both Magic Attack and Melee attack- which can be compounded by both magic and melee attack enhancements. Add in stuff like reflect+crono, scrolls, debuffing, boss drops, heroic power and str/int/alm buffs, auras and these become really unfair classes to compete against -- unless you are riding a temp too.

Some server have managed to mitigate the temp's advantages somewhat, and guess what... In those servers you found people choosing to play classes other than temps!
Old 02/17/2018, 19:02   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
The thing about R.O.H.A.N. is that it's such an old game and the old players just don't have the time they used to have to play it and mindlessly grind as when they are 16, 17, 18, etc. People who started playing this game at say, 22 years old back in 2007, are now 33 years old. There's not a whole lot of getting around this, a lot of these old people simply won't play at all if there are no Hunter Kits, and depending on their situation I don't blame them.

Like I said in my previous comment, I believe there should be easy grinding spots like the ones in R3, and some rooms with fewer and/or tougher enemies. Monsters that hit HARD, that stun, that poison, that use powerful attack skills, like small-scale minibosses and bosses. Basically, these areas should require you to be either in a party to survive, or paying 100% of attention, not just setting your character in the middle of it and running a hunter kit.

Monsters in these rooms/areas would could have better drops rates for say, the revamped Armor Option stones idea, higher crone drops, higher SES drops, higher max-stat, loot possibly scrolls and misc. stuff like Guild Stones...

The problem with Templars is that they don't have any true weaknesses or shortcomings.

They're a magic class, but their PDEF isn't very low with their Mental Barrier. They can have almost the same defense as a Str Guardian, and will take 0 elemental damage.

You can't reliably 1-2-shot them, Magic Barrier every 12 seconds prevents that.

Let's say this is OG Xor rohan. The Templar has 4 51 IPV, +38 Int eyes and ears, a +30 all stat costume, a +10 all stat hat, a +30 all stat talisman, and a +40 all Gold Trophy, your mace has +25 psyche on it, you have 372 base Psyche. You have Alm, Mental Blow, a 30% Alm Scroll, and Arcane Mastery, that's a 90% boost, so you have 706 Psyche. 706x18 is 12,700.

That's 12,700 damage absorbed damage every 12 seconds. Tell me, who can deal 12,700 damage on a Templar every 12 seconds? A Str Guardian can do it with his combo, but that's almost never going to happen because of Reflection. A Str Defender has the same issue with Fixation. A Str Dragon Knight can't because he will stun himself on Reflection due to Dragon's nail, which CAN'T be deactivated. An Int Dekan can't do it because Templars have a shit-ton of Magical Defense. Warlocks and Wizards don't have a chance in hell of breaking it.

The only classes that can reliably break it in a timely manner are Rangers, Str Dhans, and Vit Dekans. So, the Templar uses Magic Barrier and it's up for a whole minute. In 12 seconds the cooldown time is over, the Ranger uses his combo and breaks the barrier, so the Templar puts up ANOTHER barrier. This barrier is broken as well, but by now Siege Shot and Speed Wind are overr. The Ranger uses Double Strike, Strip Shot, Critical Shot, and Murder Shot. The Templar is at 20% health, but Heal brings him back to 100%, so the Ranger has used all of his power and the Templar hasn't had to use a single potion.

A Vit Dekan's Forefoot Swing and Magic Barrier have basically the same cooldown times, so he can't win, either. A Dhan is basically the only thing that can kill a Templar in a head-to-head fight.

Magic Barrier is a huge issue to deal with when fighting a Templar, which is one reason why I want variable-stat boss drops. Templars would all flock to the rings with high Int and low Psy, making their barriers a lot weaker. Magic Barrier is just one of the issues, though. The next is the Constant. Fucking. Healing.

Seriously, it's bad enough that you can't stun a Templar to hold them down, but even if a Templar was stuck to the ground, you couldn't kill them. With the gear in my example, the Templar would have 1,974 Int and 706 Psyche fully buffed, how much healing power does that equate to?

Well, level 4 Heal is 400% of Int and Psyche every 4 seconds. That's 10,732 recovered health every 4 seconds. If heal is level 7, that's 18,774 health recovered every 5 seconds. Nobody can fucking deal 18,774 damage every 5 seconds, that's ridiculous... and only part of the problem. There's Group Heal which can recover 19,192 health every 20 seconds at level 7, and that's not all, there's Instant Heal which is based off 900% of the user's Int, so that's 17,766 health restored instantly every 2 minutes... and that's still not fucking it, because there's Euphoria and Euphoria. You can stand next to a Templar and use Crazy Standing on him and all they have to do is use Heal twice every 5 seconds and they won't die, they don't have to use any potions, at all. a Templar damn near has to be AFK for you to kill them.

There's of course, the issue with Reflection. It lasts too goddamn long, and the duration of Chrono needs to be shortened to that Reflection can't be used 3 times in a row.

The last problem, other than them hitting too hard, is Vanishment. Tell me why a Templar can release from any stuns and any roots every 30 seconds, when they already have a skill that grants them immunity from them, while a Scout is only able to release from roots, and only every 180 seconds. This skill should't even be available for Templars in the first place, it should just be made unusable.

Templars can't be 1-2 hit, and you can't pin them down. If you do pin them down, they will release from whatever it is and go from 5% Health to 100% in an instant.
Skill level powers could be lowered.Also in some servers ases are hard to obtain.And in a low lvl server like this ,i think temps can be really well balanced as any other class.
Closed Thread