Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 12:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why do you play a private Rohan server?

Discussion on Why do you play a private Rohan server? within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Why do you play a private Rohan server?

I want to start a survey to meet the players here at Elitepvpers section Rohan.

Please answer the following question:

1. To remember old times
2. Because I advance fast on a private server.
3. None of the above. Explain why.

Do you care about the customized rohan server configuration?

1. I like the default settings that the original game brings. (Rate: Exp, drop, items, etc)
2. I like custom configurations and designs.
3. I like the default settings that the original game brings, but with Hight Rate: Exp, Drop, items, etc.
4. I do not care at all, I just want to play a rohan private server.

Best Regards!
Adrian
Old 05/12/2017, 02:25   #2

i think you made this survey because you want to build a server soon
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/12/2017, 07:11   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeveloperJugs View Post
i think you made this survey because you want to build a server soon
Wow such a sixth sense.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/12/2017, 08:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriannx View Post
I want to start a survey to meet the players here at Elitepvpers section Rohan.

Please answer the following question:

1. To remember old times
2. Because I advance fast on a private server.
3. None of the above. Explain why.

Do you care about the customized rohan server configuration?

1. I like the default settings that the original game brings. (Rate: Exp, drop, items, etc)
2. I like custom configurations and designs.
3. I like the default settings that the original game brings, but with Hight Rate: Exp, Drop, items, etc.
4. I do not care at all, I just want to play a rohan private server.

Best Regards!
Adrian
This was your biggest mistake just by asking them now when you do your server the ones that dont like the ideas will complain and the ones that like the ideas will play for 1 day max cuz they will prob get everything since they have no idea what they want or how they want to obtain it. Server admins have said this before "Players dont know what they want" and its 90% true the 10% only wants the same old classic rohan with no changes at all in any kind of way.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/12/2017, 21:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
This was your biggest mistake just by asking them now when you do your server the ones that dont like the ideas will complain and the ones that like the ideas will play for 1 day max cuz they will prob get everything since they have no idea what they want or how they want to obtain it. Server admins have said this before "Players dont know what they want" and its 90% true the 10% only wants the same old classic rohan with no changes at all in any kind of way.
80% of players playing private servers have a lot of experience playing official servers. So it would be obvious to think that most players just want to remember old times and move a little faster to achieve it.

In conclusion, I think that a% of the players are confused and it is the duty of the administration to find out what they want.
Old 05/12/2017, 21:29   #6

On the other thread you by the way asked me for prices. If you are interested, message me. But be warned, its not cheap.
Old 05/12/2017, 22:05   #7

why u play privet selver?

i liek intsant lvl 120 and full skil points i to lazy to lvl i liek pvp ez to win wiv tampler wkwkwk plz make selver jst 4 all indo and giv lot of things so we dnt ned to donate wkwkwk ty sir moar powa sir
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/12/2017, 22:13   #8

Quote:
80% of players playing private servers have a lot of experience playing official servers. So it would be obvious to think that most players just want to remember old times and move a little faster to achieve it.

In conclusion, I think that a% of the players are confused and it is the duty of the administration to find out what they want.
If they are so experienced why dont they keep playing on irohan Owh wait i forgot they are not that good and they cant get max **** in 1 day they actualy have to pay for it **** (Sounds like a 1 week payment pserver but there you get them in 1 week) on irohan even if you pay you still need to be good
Old 05/12/2017, 23:17   #9

In all seriousness, no disrespect to them, the players out there don't really know exactly what they want. Apart from Indos, they want everything, they want it right now and they want it for free.

Only a small percentage want something like a pure, original level 99 server but that doesn't make for a sustainable server. Rates too high, people get bored quickly. Rates too low, people get bored quickly. Not only that, there isn't much room for additional content. Low playerbase, low donations, server goes bye.

The "latest" Hero 3 stuff has a lot of content but it's very difficult to manage it all as a pserver. How can I put it... Hero 3 pservers tend to be very unfocused. Decent balance is also hard to achieve.

Add onto all of that the "teams" running most servers are amateur in attitude, amateur in skills and amateur in player interaction, you can see why the servers don't last long. None of that really matters anyway when the most successful servers at the moment are usually the ones that can attract the most Indos.

Originality. There's barely ever any attempts to bring original and ideas and content to servers. That's why you hear cookie cutter talked about so often. If someone was to open a server that:
  • had well balanced pvp
  • new and original ideas and content
  • rates that keep the majority of players happy
  • lots of endgame content to keep players engaged
  • fair IM prices and items that aren't wholly unfair to people who don't pay
  • robust anti-hack and anti-DDoS for reliable uptime
  • a planned content introduction plan for the server to stop players from getting bored and you having to rush new content to keep them happy if they do get bored
  • lots of interaction with the players by the staff (no-one wants to feel like they're playing a server that feels like it itself is running on a hunter kit!).

So there you go, it isn't hard is it really? Ask the players what they want and you will get so many different answers. There's a middle ground that hasn't really been found yet but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's needed.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/13/2017, 23:15   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
In all seriousness, no disrespect to them, the players out there don't really know exactly what they want. Apart from Indos, they want everything, they want it right now and they want it for free.

Only a small percentage want something like a pure, original level 99 server but that doesn't make for a sustainable server. Rates too high, people get bored quickly. Rates too low, people get bored quickly. Not only that, there isn't much room for additional content. Low playerbase, low donations, server goes bye.

The "latest" Hero 3 stuff has a lot of content but it's very difficult to manage it all as a pserver. How can I put it... Hero 3 pservers tend to be very unfocused. Decent balance is also hard to achieve.

Add onto all of that the "teams" running most servers are amateur in attitude, amateur in skills and amateur in player interaction, you can see why the servers don't last long. None of that really matters anyway when the most successful servers at the moment are usually the ones that can attract the most Indos.

Originality. There's barely ever any attempts to bring original and ideas and content to servers. That's why you hear cookie cutter talked about so often. If someone was to open a server that:
  • had well balanced pvp
  • new and original ideas and content
  • rates that keep the majority of players happy
  • lots of endgame content to keep players engaged
  • fair IM prices and items that aren't wholly unfair to people who don't pay
  • robust anti-hack and anti-DDoS for reliable uptime
  • a planned content introduction plan for the server to stop players from getting bored and you having to rush new content to keep them happy if they do get bored
  • lots of interaction with the players by the staff (no-one wants to feel like they're playing a server that feels like it itself is running on a hunter kit!).

So there you go, it isn't hard is it really? Ask the players what they want and you will get so many different answers. There's a middle ground that hasn't really been found yet but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's needed.
I agree with you on several points, and I want to make clarify some things
But as I said before, it is the duty of the administration to find out what the player wants and from this point to work on the server configuration.

I agree with originality as long as you do not pass the line. The player should feel that he is playing 'Rohan' and not another different game, get the player to enter nostalgia and remember those fun moments, that would be in part of what a server must achieve to be successful.

On the other hand, Rohan Hero 3 does indeed have many things and it is takes a long time to set it up properly.
There are some who simply configure the basics and waste all the potential that 'Rohan Hero 3' has.

I do not want the player to wait several days to reach a level where he can finally have fun. The idea is to make the player have fun from level 1, Are there ways to achieve ?, Yes, there are.

What a person wants is not the desire of others and that is simple logic. That is why we should think in general, be neutral. Do not take the idea of one because it simply is great, one have to research, do surveys, etc to finally build the ideal server for everyone's taste.

As for security, security is the first thing one must have before creating a private server, so that does not go into the subject.

Best Regards!
Adrian
Old 05/14/2017, 00:00   #11

Quote:
I agree with originality as long as you do not pass the line. The player should feel that he is playing 'Rohan' and not another different game, get the player to enter nostalgia and remember those fun moments, that would be in part of what a server must achieve to be successful.
I'm the same about that but one of my long-time working partners in this game thinks completely the opposite. There is a valid argument for both sides on this subject though because there have been some servers that have made some major changes to the fundamentals of the game and achieved some success. It all depends if it's implemented well and fits in with the rest of the game.

I still don't believe that market research will actually achieve anything though. The difference in opinions between players is so wide, you'll never find the right answers. What you need to do is concentrate on the points that I listed and create a server in your vision with the right balance in rates and content.

If it's an entertaining and original server, it will succeed.
Old 05/14/2017, 00:17   #12

Quote:
I'm the same about that but one of my long-time working partners in this game thinks completely the opposite. There is a valid argument for both sides on this subject though because there have been some servers that have made some major changes to the fundamentals of the game and achieved some success. It all depends if it's implemented well and fits in with the rest of the game.

I still don't believe that market research will actually achieve anything though. The difference in opinions between players is so wide, you'll never find the right answers. What you need to do is concentrate on the points that I listed and create a server in your vision with the right balance in rates and content.

If it's an entertaining and original server, it will succeed.
It is right, originality as long as it is well implemented and does not make such an exaggerated change can be accepted.

It is clear that it is very difficult to find out what some of the most demanding players want. But if you do not make the effort to find out, you will obviously never make it.

My philosophy in this topic is: Convincing 1 demanding player is better than 0. Without making exaggerated changes in the game, keeping a neutral point for everyone.
Old 05/14/2017, 03:21   #13

the hero3 skills don't really have much to offer, but the client does a lot, rebuilding the backend of power/surivval arenas and clashing valley would be a huge huge thing.
Old 05/14/2017, 07:08   #14

Quote:
I do not exactly think the opposite. Its more about that the span of "whats rohan" and "whats not" is alot bigger for me. I changed like all the skills but it still feels like rohan, at least to me. I changed the complete stat system along with other systems, but it still feels like rohan, at least to me.
I think, alot of this actually depends on your own viewpoint. For some people, changing just one thing already crosses the line, others are more open minded and except changes as long as they are well integrated and fit the tone. Im not trying to build a different game, thats for sure :P

Tags
rohan survey