Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 18:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Announcement] Rohan 2.0 union server

Old   #196

elite*gold: 0
I think the fact that it was announced too early because of miscalculation of time working with other devs is a good thing. Look, a lot of ideas came up. It will only become a bad thing when it never really opened.

Old   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Wow, so much hate. Thats why rohan community sucks. People dont see the point of actually giving the developers some time to actually develop something. Yes it was announced to early because I was calculating with 3 more guys working on it. Yet it isnt a dead project nor did I stop working on it. So what?
Its not hate but setting up deadlines and giving promises that you would manage to do within that deadline its just lame, your promises were just premature to be done in time which is on u
none questions your skills but you have the habbit doing the listed above

Old   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
No hate here. Just observations. Bear with me.

I had a whole big thing written up (a LOT more than what follows), but changed my mind to leave you with this:

Watch what most other server devs do. They don't tell you a server is coming when they announce it. When they announce it, they are pretty much ready to go into at lease a CBT. You don't get any hint that it is coming. It just shows up one day out of the blue.

You and reqviem did it that way with old rohan. No warning, just BAM! Here it is! A lot of happy players showed up.

You are reaping the result of what happens when you announce something before you were anywhere near ready to even beta test. The folks asking here can't see the wizard working his ass off behind the curtain. All they see is an empty theater where they are expecting the Wonderful Wizard of OZ to pop up "soon" and that "soon" they were promised turns out to be not soon at all. The better route is to let the wizard get his work done before the doors to the theater open at all. That way when the magic begins they aren't standing there with bad tempers and negative thoughts before they even begin.

Again, no hate here. Just observations and friendly advice.
Your posts, PJ, are constructive and I dont call it hate. There are other players thought which do spill hate around.
While I see the point of advertising it to early being a bad thing, I did this with intention. I wanted people to know that something like this is in the works and to motivate people to get discussions and ideas up. Feedback and maybe new thoughts are something which help me to actually polish my plans in order to create a server which does not only fit my likings but aswell others. In the process of the development of this server there was quiet some good feedback so far and I could pull new ideas from it of which some are already in place. If I hadnt announced it, I maybe wouldnt have gotten those ideas.
Old   #199

Not that i care if you think this is hate or not but why you want people's idea since you don't even bother to do them you just decide they are not good enough like you did before ? And yes your gonna say you didn't do it and bla bla bla.

Old   #200

I consider all your garbage as hate. Believe it or not, I only discard ideas which suck such as yours. However, over the course there've been lots of good player proposals which I infact included.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #201

Well, i do get it, that solo it gets alot of time, but try to look from our side, we're waiting for a great server (based on what will be done here), which has no ETA (it had until ur team split apart), with nothing to 'see' as a progress. As i said already, a quick demo/trailer on youtube with some ETA (you have to know how long will it take you to finish, no dubt), even if it will be in next 6 months, but you'll make them (us) decide what to do with that time and notice that something is going on. I don't mean to rush you, but for me it looks like you've came up with something that you can't deal with alone.
Old   #202

I see your point, definitely and Ill be ordering a new test server in the next couple days in order to get some previews done. But if theres one thing, just be aware and sure of the fact that this server will go up sooner or later. I can surely deal with it alone, it just takes a little longer than expected.
Old   #203

Removed.
Old   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
I see your point, definitely and Ill be ordering a new test server in the next couple days in order to get some previews done. But if theres one thing, just be aware and sure of the fact that this server will go up sooner or later. I can surely deal with it alone, it just takes a little longer than expected.
Looking forward to when it finally opens. Not impress with the pserver offerings currently out there.
You must register and activate your account in order to view images. You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Old   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Looking forward to when it finally opens. Not impress with the pserver offerings currently out there.
You must register and activate your account in order to view images. You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Same here, cant wait to try a completely different Rohan experience :3
Old   #206

Rohan 2.0 seems like the only thing worth looking forward to atm in the Rohan scene. Yolo Rohan sucks ***.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #207

Any news ? anything give us SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR "xd"
Old   #208

Hi, my name is Bob.
Old   #209

Okey @Bob that wasnt nice at all lul, i guess that settles it, server is not opening anyday soon if at all thanks Bob
Old   #210

I dont quiet understand how you've come to that conclusion based on my previous message.