Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Announcement] Rohan 2.0 union server

Discussion on [Announcement] Rohan 2.0 union server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 12/25/2016, 22:18   #166

elite*gold: 0
Youve missed the point. Of course there can still be bugs. However, giving me some time will allow me to make sure everything goes smoothly opposed to rushing things.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2016, 21:10   #167

I think, that the best way to show it is really to make a short video showing the changes. I do realize, that making it alone takes time, aspecially when u want to do it right and sometimes it just won't work, but showing us at which 'stage' u're at would be a good move, cuz we won't be feeded just with something we can read. Waiting for that short video so we can all 'polish up' our eyes
As for crafting.. For me different minerals/plants should be placed in right spots, such as weapon minerals/gems should be in caves - Ahkma or Crystal Quarry - they're metals, that have to be underground. For armors - half metal - half material,, so it could be obtainable from mobs (make the drop chance being rised only by craft eq, so it won't drop every time, like in other games, you have to rip off the leather from mob to get it).

Ofc that's only my idea, and it would make it longer and longer..
Old 12/26/2016, 21:38   #168

Its already like that.

Well the problem is this, alone the changes Ive got so far cannot be shown in a "short video". Its simply to much. I can give some sneak peaks but thats for it. And tbh, I really dont want to show too much, I prefer having everyone discover all the new minor and major things. :P Makes up for a new feeking, that feeling when you first played rohan or a game in general.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/27/2016, 05:26   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Its already like that.

Well the problem is this, alone the changes Ive got so far cannot be shown in a "short video". Its simply to much. I can give some sneak peaks but thats for it. And tbh, I really dont want to show too much, I prefer having everyone discover all the new minor and major things. :P Makes up for a new feeling, that feeling when you first played rohan or a game in general.
I was gonna recommend you to keep somethings a secret so we can all explore the new server and its features. Will make up a new Rohan experience and even maybe will completely boost the population in this new server maybe they will stay maybe not its still better to make them explore it and come up with their own conclusion.
I am 100% up for keeping maybe 80-90% of the features a secret a small hint is ok every now and then making the exploration even more worth it.
****, cant wait man.
Old 12/27/2016, 09:52   #170

I wanted to ask you have made something whit the axes we all know no one use them .
Old 12/27/2016, 10:36   #171

The only valueable carrier for axes is defender sadly. All other classes cannot really make use of axes except for giants. But giants already got dualswords/polearms as weapons which only them can carry. Furthermore their attack skills are restricted by the client to be only useable with polearms/dualswords, a restriction other class skills dont have. So yea, only humans are left to carry axes, and there only defenders would really make use of them. So specifically I redesigned some of the defender skills but unfortunately thats as far as axes will and can go.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/27/2016, 20:01   #172

You can for example make it that way : Defender with an axe gains more power durning fixation, it would cover the loss of less att speed.
Old 12/27/2016, 20:42   #173

Well, Ive actually buffed axes altogether and nerfed maces. Axes would previously have an attackspeed of 1200 and maces of 900, Ive basically switched that, making axes 900 and maces 1200. It does not only make axes more valueable but aswell tackles the problem of maces being faster. How could a hammer possibly be faster than axes? >_>
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/29/2016, 00:16   #174

Poor templururs
Old 12/29/2016, 07:12   #175

Its been like this on oldrohan already
Old 12/29/2016, 21:49   #176

Instead of nerfing templars how about buffing other classes? And pls dont say we nerfed templars to be equal to other classes cuz thats ...... im pretty sure what people want is not templars to be best but to see those big hits numbers.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/30/2016, 01:09   #177

and begin an inevitable power creep yeee
Old 12/30/2016, 02:47   #178

Have you thought about making boss drops have variable stats? Ex. R2 Wings give 15 SDV, equalling up to 45 stat points. Another variant could have 25 Strength, 5 Dex, and 15 Vit. You could even get a variant with 25 Str, 15 Dex, and only 5 Vit if you're power-hungry and don't care about survivability.

This could allow for some very unique builds, and would satisfy the Indos' lust for raw damage without turning the game into a 1-Hit fest for everybody like how Pure Attack does. It is balanced- if you kill fast you die fast. If you last long you kill slowly.

IDK if you can create a way to randomize the stat values of a boss drop while limiting the sum of its values, but that would work. If not, then you can just make your own variations and putility them in a fixed drop table, although it would be a lot of them.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/30/2016, 07:41   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Instead of nerfing templars how about buffing other classes? And pls dont say we nerfed templars to be equal to other classes cuz thats ...... im pretty sure what people want is not templars to be best but to see those big hits numbers.
Dreto, stop stepping in here and throwing in stupid comments. Youve been roaming around at oldrohan and SHOULD know that all other classes got buffed AND reworked accordingly.
However, what you propose is stupid. Buff all other classes and leave templars as they are? That wont work because the power curves of other classes compared to templars are of an other order. Common templars get an exponential value out of each point while other classes stay linear. Buffing other classes to one templar state will mean that you just balance for one particular state, leaving the lower and upper end completely broken.

As of your other blabla. You do not know what players want if you really believe what youve just said. OldRohan been running templars which were actually sitting on the lower end of the available classes. Noone cared, they got used to it and started playing what they wanted to play instead of relying completely on templars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
Have you thought about making boss drops have variable stats? Ex. R2 Wings give 15 SDV, equalling up to 45 stat points. Another variant could have 25 Strength, 5 Dex, and 15 Vit. You could even get a variant with 25 Str, 15 Dex, and only 5 Vit if you're power-hungry and don't care about survivability.

This could allow for some very unique builds, and would satisfy the Indos' lust for raw damage without turning the game into a 1-Hit fest for everybody like how Pure Attack does. It is balanced- if you kill fast you die fast. If you last long you kill slowly.

IDK if you can create a way to randomize the stat values of a boss drop while limiting the sum of its values, but that would work. If not, then you can just make your own variations and putility them in a fixed drop table, although it would be a lot of them.
This particular approach is actually hard to archive. But I implemented something similar. Basically I made all the endgame gear be crafted products means they have a varying count of sockets. Those sockets can basically be fed with either defensive or offensive spiritstones. Furtermore there are varying armor/weapon types which are either of defensive or offensive nature. Going the pure offensive gear route will give you more damage, going the defensive route will grant more defense. Mixing offensive and defensive gear will have the drawback of not reaching all offensive/defensive set boni. Thats for gear choice. Now you can still upgrade that gear with spirit stones which either means more damage or more defense aswell. So yea, there are actually real build choices to be made especially since spiritstones are really a cool thing on this server which will give you quiet some freedom. Think of GW2 runes and similar approaches. Oh and before I forget it, there is PvE gear now carrying a specialized PvEDefense/PvEDamage stat.

And btw, stat system has been reworked, there is no "Pure Attack" any longer. its just flat attack or defense.
Old 12/30/2016, 14:21   #180

I love the fact that you cant see after all your big changes you had 50 players playing instead of having way more players after all the great changes you had you still closed the server and reworked it over and over again its true blood war gaming wasant lasting for long but it was cuz of financial issues and personal life problems. You still cant see that with all the "Geart tools" you have you cant admit it when you are wrong and when someone else might be right. I hope you keep it up like that enjoy your 20 kissass players you will have on server owh and dont forget give your people more op weapons thats how you keep them (Same thing you did on OldRohan).