Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Chaos Rohan | 110 Server | Dedicated 24/7 | Low Rates

Old   #76

elite*gold: 0
Another thing that causes population to drop off is communication reliability. I mean if you are playing for an hour and get disconnected 3 or more times in that hour, especially if you are multi-clienting (most veteran Rohan players do this) they will get fed up with the restarts and go find a more reliable server.

Major causes of disconnections:

1. Network latency caused by server proximity. Trans-oceanic connections get horrible pings and plays nasty tricks on MMO packet flow.

2. Network latency caused by server-side Anti-hack setups. Some are better than other, but all of them insert waits on packet response as the server verifies packet validity.

3. Latency caused by low-end servers. Throw 100 players on a minimal server and you will get horrible latency as players congregate in one place. You will see it as lags and DCs.

4. Latency caused by server connection to the network backbone. 100MBit connections are not enough for more than 50 players. No server should be connect4ed with less than gigabit connections and 10-gigabit for a server is even better (good luck paying for one of those though).

5. DDoS will also impose net latency.

6. Bugged server and executable client files.

At the end of the day a server is not stable, players will only come in to check it out and leave after the umpteenth disconnect/crash.

Old   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Another thing that causes population to drop off is communication reliability. I mean if you are playing for an hour and get disconnected 3 or more times in that hour, especially if you are multi-clienting (most veteran Rohan players do this) they will get fed up with the restarts and go find a more reliable server.

Major causes of disconnections:

1. Network latency caused by server proximity. Trans-oceanic connections get horrible pings and plays nasty tricks on MMO packet flow.

2. Network latency caused by server-side Anti-hack setups. Some are better than other, but all of them insert waits on packet response as the server verifies packet validity.

3. Latency caused by low-end servers. Throw 100 players on a minimal server and you will get horrible latency as players congregate in one place. You will see it as lags and DCs.

4. Latency caused by server connection to the network backbone. 100MBit connections are not enough for more than 50 players. No server should be connect4ed with less than gigabit connections and 10-gigabit for a server is even better (good luck paying for one of those though).

5. DDoS will also impose net latency.

6. Bugged server and executable client files.

At the end of the day a server is not stable, players will only come in to check it out and leave after the umpteenth disconnect/crash.

I'm sorry to say but a lot of our players are veteran and do multi clients and never had this problem.

I myself when I testing exp rate + forge rate ect have multiple clients open and never experienced any Dc's.
But thanks for this help! We'll investigate as soon as possible to fix any issues our side for the connection

Old   #78

To be honest I'm sometimes leaving 5 or even 6 clients running on HK etc etc and never had any random DC on this server since it opened so issue might be on ur side sir
Old   #79

Dafuq I never got dcd for 3 weeks of 24/7 playing XD

#showtime y u suk qq xd <3

Old   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoSN View Post

Sir shh, u no in me 50 dd squad senior, too bad

@

Not a single DC since server opened, no matter if 1 client or 6 all is working fine for me and I guess it might be Your firewall/antivirus/antisomething or whatever
Old   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosYukari View Post
I'm sorry to say but a lot of our players are veteran and do multi clients and never had this problem.

I myself when I testing exp rate + forge rate ect have multiple clients open and never experienced any Dc's.
But thanks for this help! We'll investigate as soon as possible to fix any issues our side for the connection
I doubt very much there is much you can do about it. Network latency is cumulative and your part of it may account for only about 20% of it. There's not a lot you can do with ddos edge servers or the number of network hops needed to reach your server. It's just the nature of the beast if you run a pserver.

One thing of note is I seem to get most of my DCs when at your GH. Twice in a ro when I clicked on one of the custom npcs you have there. But there a fair number of players lounging there flaming each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevernajt View Post
To be honest I'm sometimes leaving 5 or even 6 clients running on HK etc etc and never had any random DC on this server since it opened so issue might be on ur side sir
I might point out that places you are running a HK won't also have a lot of other players for obvious reasons. More players in an area, more lag for sure. Even irohan suffers from that around lime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoSN View Post

Lies...

I'm not in Eurasia or Australia guys. I am across an ocean (pick one) from any offshore server that will ignore DMCA. I also have 100/10 mbit ISP and a high end gaming system. There's not much I can do to to make my internet packet handling any faster.
Old   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post

Lies...
No. I just asked everyone from guild, noone ever got DCd even once, bcuz of the server lagging or so. Even tho I think server got DDOSd once and mobs got frozen, but still noone from guild got dcd O:
Old   #83

Hax sir
Old   #84

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
=)
Old   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosYukari View Post
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
=)
XP aint slow, 1 day for 110 easy.
Old   #86

Updated the starter items for an easier start for newcomers or for people that want to test the server out (:
Old   #87

drop rate too low
Old   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesonfire View Post
drop rate too low

u mad? O.o
15k IP costs LS, get it and farm like mad. I'm not picking armors even and weapons cuz they drop too fast,lol.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesonfire View Post
drop rate too low
Drop rate is too low? Well I got song for you my friend.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #90

This server pretty much crowns rest private servers lol. Templars with best drops hit max 4k with scrolls empo guild buffs and ****. Getting geared takes you 1 week of farming dafuq u cry for boy?

Tags
chaos, privateserver, rohan