Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 16:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Server concept

Discussion on Server concept within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Server concept

What do you think about server with high drop, exp, 95% of IM available in game
AND wipe each 2 weeks.

Been thinking about it recently, so i thought :
People got bored of servers when they manage to complete their eq goals. I Thought : why not doing it each 2 weeks? Also each 2 weeks will release patch which will contain some updates on items/new features/skill changes.

Old 02/23/2016, 01:48   #2

Someone reads the oldrohan forums.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/23/2016, 02:14   #3

Lol, never went to Yours forum (no offence)
Old 02/23/2016, 05:45   #4

I havent been there in a long time but even I knew they were doing a pvp based 2nd server
Old 02/23/2016, 11:55   #5

Anyway, what do u think about it as a player? Idc if it gives lots of money, i'd wnt it just to pay for it self (host). Ofc there should be some beta which i can easily run on my own pc
Old 02/23/2016, 12:42   #6

This concept is called an event server and in said server you run events for x amounts of time, prices are send to the original server. Ive seen this in other games and its a great idea specially since PWi did it for a couple of times and for some reason left it.
Old 02/23/2016, 15:48   #7

Yea, but i'm wondering if Rohan isn't dead enough to try it
Old 02/24/2016, 11:09   #8

Weird that this thing pops out a few weeks after we came up with the idea.

A wipe every few weeks means that either people who played there loose all their spent points, which won't work on a server that cares about the players, or they get a full refund of the points they spent, which means that the server won't survive more than a few months because at some point there will be no more donations.

In order to fix all this things, there needs to be a server owned by the same people who will never get wiped, and all the belongings on the wiped server are transferred to the main one.

But, you see, you can't reliably transfer characters from the wiped server to the normal one because Rohan has a 4 character limit. On top of that, nobody will play the normal server unless you give them the incentive to spend their time there during the downtime of the event server.

And, don't forget that the playerbase that remains faithfull to Rohan actually experienced 99% of the endgame content so bringing the same server with the same features again and again will bring you to the same situation that we currently have where players don't really find something interesting about the game itself and they just play it out of habit.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2016, 11:50   #9

In fact if u want to come up with something new , why dont u focus on the game itself. My point is if u havent already noticed the main Rohan bosses drop just rings , which is kind of disappoint according to the other games. No matter how easy or hard one server could be in the end u do exactly the same thing farming and some pvp . If we split the in game gears to "Common" , "Rare", "Ünique" , "Ancient" so lets say "Common"gears are really easy to get and 60% of the server have it , "Rare" gears on other hand would be like 20% of the server , Going to "Unique"where 15% of the server have it and on last place "Ancient"where just 5% of the entire server got it . The point of that is you will always be able to go higher and stronger but not over power . Since its going to be really hard to obtain such "Ancient" gear probably the game play would change a bit , the focus may return not just aa and everybody around dies due to Equality . But that will cost an extremely hard warking on balance , because like i said The difference between "Common" and "Ancient" gear should not be much but there should be one on every gear so the point of all this is to take you long enough to get your gear but not getting bored , which happens in almost every server because so far everything u do havent changed since the start of the Rohan.

So there are some suggestions on how to obtain such gear . I personally think the "Common" gear should be the farmed one (as in every rohan server lol) but that's it for now . The "Rare"gear should be obtained from the Rohan instance where u could be able to farm not just ur rings but gears . The point here is when u get ur "Common"gear u gotta get on the next level right? So this is the way instances where bosses could drop "Rare" Weapon a bit better than the "Common" one along with the armors . The "Unique" gears ofc they should be from the boss just a bit better than the "Rares"but better . And the Strongest "Ancient "Gears they should be able to obtain from 2 places . I think its a good idea from the "Common" gear (Farmed) to make it like in Old Rohan from Glacials to Celestial without preservation stone with a low rate . And the second way is the Strongest Rohan Bosses as example Bezemyth and the Worm .

There are many ways u can change the Rohan to better and I think changing bosses drop to something new and not just rings but Weapons , Armors even Eyepatches , Earrings is a good way to change the Rohan we know for good I Think.

PS: This is something like a suggestion if u like something here u can use it or even come up with something better !It would be a pleasure for me if i managed to help to somebody there looking for something new!
Old 02/24/2016, 14:22   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
Weird that this thing pops out a few weeks after we came up with the idea.

A wipe every few weeks means that either people who played there loose all their spent points, which won't work on a server that cares about the players, or they get a full refund of the points they spent, which means that the server won't survive more than a few months because at some point there will be no more donations.

In order to fix all this things, there needs to be a server owned by the same people who will never get wiped, and all the belongings on the wiped server are transferred to the main one.

But, you see, you can't reliably transfer characters from the wiped server to the normal one because Rohan has a 4 character limit. On top of that, nobody will play the normal server unless you give them the incentive to spend their time there during the downtime of the event server.

And, don't forget that the playerbase that remains faithfull to Rohan actually experienced 99% of the endgame content so bringing the same server with the same features again and again will bring you to the same situation that we currently have where players don't really find something interesting about the game itself and they just play it out of habit.
It's just a quancidence that u came up with that idea faster than me, really.

I knew that this just can't be P2W server, i think all u can get in IM should be better scrolls, preservations, option items, costumes, which could be reselled in game for crones. Also there would be something i came up with a long a go : Subscription(for example):
10$ - 50% IM for free for the time server being up, till next wipe (2~3 weeks)

As for changes.. I thought of inserting new items available in game through solo quests (better stats) and party quests (weaker but still better than player can drop in game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleWhoCare View Post
In fact if u want to come up with something new , why dont u focus on the game itself. My point is if u havent already noticed the main Rohan bosses drop just rings , which is kind of disappoint according to the other games. No matter how easy or hard one server could be in the end u do exactly the same thing farming and some pvp . If we split the in game gears to "Common" , "Rare", "Ünique" , "Ancient" so lets say "Common"gears are really easy to get and 60% of the server have it , "Rare" gears on other hand would be like 20% of the server , Going to "Unique"where 15% of the server have it and on last place "Ancient"where just 5% of the entire server got it . The point of that is you will always be able to go higher and stronger but not over power . Since its going to be really hard to obtain such "Ancient" gear probably the game play would change a bit , the focus may return not just aa and everybody around dies due to Equality . But that will cost an extremely hard warking on balance , because like i said The difference between "Common" and "Ancient" gear should not be much but there should be one on every gear so the point of all this is to take you long enough to get your gear but not getting bored , which happens in almost every server because so far everything u do havent changed since the start of the Rohan.

So there are some suggestions on how to obtain such gear . I personally think the "Common" gear should be the farmed one (as in every rohan server lol) but that's it for now . The "Rare"gear should be obtained from the Rohan instance where u could be able to farm not just ur rings but gears . The point here is when u get ur "Common"gear u gotta get on the next level right? So this is the way instances where bosses could drop "Rare" Weapon a bit better than the "Common" one along with the armors . The "Unique" gears ofc they should be from the boss just a bit better than the "Rares"but better . And the Strongest "Ancient "Gears they should be able to obtain from 2 places . I think its a good idea from the "Common" gear (Farmed) to make it like in Old Rohan from Glacials to Celestial without preservation stone with a low rate . And the second way is the Strongest Rohan Bosses as example Bezemyth and the Worm .

There are many ways u can change the Rohan to better and I think changing bosses drop to something new and not just rings but Weapons , Armors even Eyepatches , Earrings is a good way to change the Rohan we know for good I Think.

PS: This is something like a suggestion if u like something here u can use it or even come up with something better !It would be a pleasure for me if i managed to help to somebody there looking for something new!
As for boss drops i have set up my own ones which work perfectly (worth doing). Ofc if there is craft system boss drops become useless (atleast R1~R5) unless u make craft rings unable to upgrade and put them at 1st lv.

All your suggestions are good, but the problem is : my "dev's" skills I can edit bin files, but if it comes to edit MapUS.exe - worse than 0, never done it and i think i won't do it in the future cuz i don't know anyone who would teach me that skill.
Old 02/24/2016, 17:55   #11

i dont believe grinding 24.7 every 2 weeks to gear up and keep starting over and over is the way and it would keep it populated, you need to bust ur *** off to gear up ups wiped start over this cycle wouldnt work because is no better then no wipes at all making your customers zombies just would last they will die out xd
Old 02/24/2016, 18:28   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoka95 View Post
i dont believe grinding 24.7 every 2 weeks to gear up and keep starting over and over is the way and it would keep it populated, you need to bust ur *** off to gear up ups wiped start over this cycle wouldnt work because is no better then no wipes at all making your customers zombies just would last they will die out xd
I would have to agree with this.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/24/2016, 23:17   #13

It's a difficult balance. As zzz stated, a server like this would be unsustainable from a financial perspective, not just to make money from but simply paying the bills to keep it going. You just cannot rely on goodwill donations because those will never be enough.

From a player's perspective (yes I'm a player too), good PvP is something that keeps a server alive. However, having attainable goals and something that players can work towards is also something that keeps a server and its playerbase alive and engaged.

If all you crave is nothing but full-geared PvP then your time in this game has reached the ultimate stage of boredom. You're turning an MMORPG into nothing but a free for all multiplayer game, it just isn't Rohan. I understand why you'd want that but then it's down to the "devs" out there to make a Rohan server that gives you a full MMORPG experience and keep you engaged all the way.

I'm not hating on you for suggesting your idea, it's understandable given how things have gone over the last couple of years. Unfortunately it's not really the answer to anything in my opinion though.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/25/2016, 00:14   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
It's a difficult balance. As zzz stated, a server like this would be unsustainable from a financial perspective, not just to make money from but simply paying the bills to keep it going. You just cannot rely on goodwill donations because those will never be enough.

From a player's perspective (yes I'm a player too), good PvP is something that keeps a server alive. However, having attainable goals and something that players can work towards is also something that keeps a server and its playerbase alive and engaged.

If all you crave is nothing but full-geared PvP then your time in this game has reached the ultimate stage of boredom. You're turning an MMORPG into nothing but a free for all multiplayer game, it just isn't Rohan. I understand why you'd want that but then it's down to the "devs" out there to make a Rohan server that gives you a full MMORPG experience and keep you engaged all the way.

I'm not hating on you for suggesting your idea, it's understandable given how things have gone over the last couple of years. Unfortunately it's not really the answer to anything in my opinion though.
True enuff. I have no problem donating to a good server.As of now i spend around $150.00 a month on lvl 7's alone on official server for all my characters.
Old 02/25/2016, 02:09   #15

Don't quote me as anything official for any server I work on but I don't want any player to spend more than $15 a month on things like 7's!

It's always a difficult balance between necessary income and balancing p2w. The biggest barrier is making things really accessible for everyone without destroying the need for money to keep the server going.

You might not remember the original Xor (zRohan) when it launched with its IM but if it wasn't for us GMs at the time, many of the items would have been double the price.I hope I can have such an influence in the future.
Thanks
3 Users