Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 00:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A Blast From The Past

Discussion on A Blast From The Past within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A Blast From The Past

Back then there was only that 1 pserver and at that exact time I was literally the only "dev". A non-dev having to act as a true-dev lol.

Non-100% ASES dropped from mobs with different icons, changes to mounts, scrolls from NPCs, triple stat drops, custom portal stones, edits of NPC shops.

I have to ask some of you server owners out there right now (most of the present company excepted of course so don't bother trolling ), do you know how and why all of those edits work? Can you do all of those edits yourself?

What about additional edits on top of that. Yes, we all know you can put the gold drop rate to 167x and the drop rate to 49x but how much can you actually do?

Other than a very small group of devs like Dreto and the OldRohan team, how much has this scene really progressed from doing basic edits? How many of you can really do anything more than basic **** that was touted in that vid?

98% of you server owners and "devs" suck so hard it's actually embarrassing. For so long you've been stuck behind your RHData, xlsbin and strs templates and barely any of you has a single clue how to do really deep bin edits with those tools, let alone come up with genuinely new edits!

But hey 394x exp, 82x Tamir, 64x ARS so ggwp.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/12/2015, 01:54   #2

Nice @Ishtaria! You were very good. it's a shame that everything changed!

If I was not busy I would build something old to play!

Old 11/12/2015, 02:03   #3

Yep back then I was good, now I'm just an average non-dev.

However I'm still working on new and unique ideas using the same editing tools that all of the other non-devs have. I'm trying to juggle work, a girlfriend who's dad is dying from cancer, recovering from respiratory damage cause by a flu virus and Fallout 4 but I'm sure I'll get there eventually
Old 11/12/2015, 02:15   #4

you're a winner! Believe! Come play BF4
Old 11/12/2015, 05:12   #5

elite*gold: 23
I really want to play on this server, please release it fast
Old 11/16/2015, 01:45   #6

Im just starting my Fallout4 experience this very moment Ish.

I called myself a dev when I did edits and whatnot for BWG and what not but I never really did anything other then change a variable here and there and understand how to open and save work in bin files, but never actually developed anything sadly.
I always had good ideas but never the knowledge or patience to figure out if its possible within the restraints of the code but some have clearly shown they can heavily edit this game where as most of us simply apply makeup to a pig and call it Susan.
That last sentence was an analogy for those f you who dont understand my wordage.
Old 11/19/2015, 23:39   #7

Ish, can i ask you (since u were Xor's dev) What were u planning to do with those?